main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Which member of the English Royal family will be photographed naked this week?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Obi-Zahn Kenobi, Sep 17, 2012.

?

Which member of the English Royal family will be photographed naked this week?

1. Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, The Queen

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. His Royal Highness The Prince Charles, Prince of Wales

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. His Royal Highness The Prince William, Duke of Cambridge

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. His Royal Highness The Prince Andrew, Duke of York

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. His Royal Highness The Prince Edward, Earl of Essex

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Her Royal Highness Sophie, Countess of Essex

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  8. Her Royal Highness The Princess Anne, Princess Royal

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Its cute when Donald thinks he's important, or that his opinions matter, or that he's on par with the Royal Family, or the President, or even a janitor, I guess.

Ulicus , RC-1991, Platelet and 2 others like this.
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Perhaps the Royals do such things on purpose just to get in the media when events such as the Olympics & Jubilee aren't on and people haven't talked about them for a little while.

After all, they have to something with their time when they aren't opening stuff and waving to people :p

Frank T. likes this.
  3. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I voted Philip, figure it's only a matter of time before dementia sets in and he's found wandering the streets aimlessly.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Iello, one is proud of you defending our head of state. I understand so many of your countrymen are jealous of having the royals and regret the grubby conflict which caused them to no longer be your sovereign. It would be for the best if they just accepted it, but oh well...

Ulicus likes this.
  5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Bah! Americans aren't be jealous of the Monarchy.
    After all an unelected Head of State is not very democratic and certainly isn't "freedom".

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    What, none of the above options?

7. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    The real question is, will any of the others do anything half as embarrassing as Chrales' tampon remark.

EDIT: and the happy couple won their court injunction.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    "English" Royal Family ?????

Ender_Sai likes this.
  9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Just as they're the New Zealand Royal Family, they are the Royal Family of all the Commonwealth nations. That apparently includes England.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  11. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I personally refer to them at all times as The Royal Family of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms, or alternatively Freeloading Numpties Who Killed Our Queen.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Do you watch our two year-long, reality TV-style election with jealousy?

Misa ab iPhono meo.

13. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Ahem

Almost too easy a win given he was wearing a kilt.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    No, I mainly watch to laugh at the Republicans :p
    But we could have exactly the same political system we have now minus the Monarch if we wanted, the only difference would be that David Cameron would be President instead of Prime Minister (good old Nick Clegg would probably be PM if we adopt European political models)

I would in general like to see a Monarchy like the Europeans have, ones that make their own money and have actual jobs. I'm all for us having a Monarchy so long as we don't have to pay them lots of money that could otherwise be spent on useful things like the NHS

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I. The French court has sided with the royal family and ordered the photos to be given to the duchess, and not republished.

II. Richie: The royal family does make its own money. It has for centuries. It just does the nice thing and hands over the money to the taxpayers. As for jobs--do you know how busy Her Majesty is?

GenAntilles and Mar17swgirl like this.
  16. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Which European models? Because in many countries (like Germany or the V4 countries) the President is pretty much just a representative office, and the Prime Minister/Chancellor is actually the head of the executive. Which is pretty much what you guys already have - except that you actually have a Head of State who's been preparing for the office pretty much since childhood and handles it with grace and style; while we have an old senile clown who can't put together a single coherent sentence and is an embarrassment to all. And he spends a ****load of the taxpayers' money, too. But hey, at least he's been elected, right?

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's fine if the person is an expensive clown as long as he's an expensive clown that everyone can satisfy their vanity by knowing they had a choice in the person's selection.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Doesn't the President have some form of political power though? otherwise why have one?
    The Queen has only ceremonial powers all of which are for show and could be fulfilled without her.

The French model I was thinking of more, the President is in charge but they also have a Prime Minister. Not sure how it works in Russia, I think it's the same there.

19. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Our President has minimal political power - he signs newly passed laws, and while he can veto them, the Parliament can overrule that veto with a 3/5 or 2/3 majority, I can't remember exactly. He also names new university professors, gives out various state awards and can grant amnesty.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, presidential heads of state in parlimentary systems usually exist just to mimic the role a constitutional monarch would play. There are exceptions, but that seems to be the general rule in states that adopt the Westminster system.

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Glad they got it in this case, but I fear that may not have prevented them from being leaked far and wide into the Internet since 3 different tabloids in 3 different countries published them.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, no, once Pandora's box is opened, there's no getting rid of it. They'll be on the internet forever now, I'm sure. But at least they got a symbolic victory--and perhaps it'll dissuade future French tabloids from doing the same, as well as pressure the Italian courts (what's the third country?).

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    An Irish newspaper.

Oh and the Italian paper is owned by former Italian PM Berlusconi.

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Atypically.

Jello, your support for the Monarchy warms the cockles of my heart.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I think he would prefer them to have far more power than they currently do though.

And, while I do feel the Queen has far more understanding of the needs of the people and how to run the country than the government does, I would not advocate giving her any significant powers in terms of dictating law or anything. We fought a civil war to end the oppressive tyranny of absolute rule, and many other nations did something similar. It would have all been in vain if we allowed it to happen again.