main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Wreck-It Ralph

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Sep 13, 2012.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    New trailer!

And the old one:

From Walt Disney Animation Studios and Emmy®-winning director Rich Moore comes "Wreck-It Ralph," a hilarious, arcade-game-hopping adventure. For decades, Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) has been overshadowed by Fix-It Felix, Jr. (voice of Jack McBrayer), the good-guy star of their game who always gets to save the day. Tired of playing the role of a bad guy, Ralph takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on a journey across the arcade through multiple generations of video games to prove he's got what it takes to be a hero.

On his quest, Ralph meets tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Jane Lynch) from the first-person action game Hero's Duty, and feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman) from the candy-coated cart racing game, Sugar Rush, who may just be his first real friend. But everything changes when a deadly enemy is unleashed, threatening the entire arcade and Vanellope herself. Ralph finally gets his chance to save the day—but can he do it in time?

"Wreck-It Ralph" crashes onto the big screen on 20 December, 2012, in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.​

The Roger Rabbit or Toy Story of videogames. And this looks even better than the first trailer. I can't wait.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So freaking excited for this movie. Cannot wait for it.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    The newest trailer added a whole new level of depth to the film, mostly with the idea of what happens to characters when their games are unplugged. Probably going to cry through this one like Toy Story.

4. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Yeah, second trailer's defiantly got me a lot more interested in this movie :)
    First impression was a kind of positive meh really, but I'm now looking forward to seeing this.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Loved the Tapper bit.

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I've been in love with this movie since the first trailer. I can't wait to see it in theaters. The second trailer just confirms what I already knew, this movie is going to be great!

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Looking forward to this. Isn't Ready Player One also being made into a movie?

8. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That looks like it could be really cool.

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Man, I hate it when I think a PG movie looks this good. It's going to make waiting for the DVD that much more annoyingly long.

10. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Kano. lol

11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
  12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I am hoping Mario will make an appearance.

The film does look good, I assume the production costs of it were outweighed by how much Disney would have to have paid companies like Nintendo to be able to use their characters :p

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It pains me to say it, but this may be the film I wished Scott Pilgrim was. I was so, so disappointed by that -- and I'm loving every second thus far of what I'm seeing of this.

Granted, it obviously may change when I see the film...

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Mario isn't in the movie- the creators couldn't come up with a proper use for Mario (unlike Bowser, who fit right in with the bad guy support group); though some say Nintendo simply vetoed the possibilities proposed to them.

Apparently the companies that own the various characters had a lot of say in how their characters acted. the examples that have been given include Nintendo telling them how Bowser would drink coffee and Sega telling them that Sonic would only drop rings while falling (necessitating Disney to re-animate a scene).

15. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I've also heard the money Nintendo asked for Mario and Luigi, even a simple cameo, was beyond ridiculous...

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Hey, I like video games. Maybe I'll like this movie!

jp-30 likes this.
  17. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    But I also like nitpicking and complaining, so then again maybe I won't.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That was what internet speculation was, but the producers said otherwise: Why Bowser is in Disney’s New Movie, But Mario Isn’t

19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I assume there won't be Pokemon either, shame.

Any idea if Disney will have license to sell toys of any of the characters owned by the likes of Nintendo? I would think not. Can't have Disney making all the money from Bowser toys instead of the company that created him.

20. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm really excited for this. It just fun, smart and something in the line of Toy Story.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Disney might license the rights to characters used in a RIR context- like Mr Potatohead or Barbie in Toy Story

22. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Am very excited about this. Hoping that this is Tangled-Disney, and not Winnie-the-Pooh Disney (the new film). Plus, I am very intrigued about what the overall story will be about.

23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    It's pretty obvious the Fix-It guy is hugely inspired by Mario (and Ralph has more than a hint of Donkey Kong to him), so there may have been a clash of characters.

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Saw the trailer for this for the first time while seeing Finding Nemo in 3D on Friday. Have to say I may see this based on how impressed I was with the trailer.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, it'd be harder to pass off the Wreck It Ralph game if it was overtly a DK clone alongside the real deal.