main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Ahsoka Scuba Gear action figure:
    [image=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5DqRFhMiue8/Txw7oQo_4eI/AAAAAAAAB-c/Rcg-Xc1gDuA/s1600/scuba_ahsoka_card.jpg]
    My only question is: WHERE IS THE AHSOKA PRINCESS FIGURE??!!

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    It'd be quite funny if they actually made a princess model.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Heh. Looks like Maul may be the new face of TCW marketing.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah that was announced last year.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Although I am antagonizing some Ahsoka lovers elsewhere on this board for their emotionally charged mono-vision for the character, I really don't dislike her. But, when I say I need closure, it's not due to ROTS. I look more toward ANH-ESB. If Ahsoka is still an active agent of the Force, Yoda & Obiwan certainly wouldn't have to 'settle' for the frustration of coercing Luke to even want to leave Tatooine, let alone become a Jedi. While Luke eventually embraced his destiny, Ahsoka would already be miles ahead in the skill department, and clearly would hold emotional sway over Anakin, should she be the one to face him. "Only a fully trained Jedi, with the Force as his ally, can defeat Vader", as Yoda put it. Her surviving the Clone Wars in any level of Force-empowered capacity makes Obiwan & Yoda seem foolish in their choice of redeemer if they are aware of her existence.

She could easily survive the Clone Wars in any manner of ways, but to be 'Knighted' after Order 66 by the 2 Jedi who then settle for a kid who is inches away from following his father down an emotion-fueled path to the Dark Side just comes across as mindless in comparison to sending Ahsoka as the clear, logical alternative.

TaradosGon likes this.
  6. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    From the EW online chat with Ashley:

Me: Ashley, do you think Ahsoka will die by the end of the series, or does she have a another destiny?

Ashley: Always in motion the Future is...We'll have to wait and see about Ahsoka's fate [face_clown] hang on for a wild ride though!

Darn those vague answers!

7. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    There seems to be a consensus in various quarters that Ashoka is either going to become a Knight by the end of the series or she's going to die. I actually don't think either is going to happen. I think she'll either leave the Jedi Order to reconnect with her family (unlikely but possible) or she's going to end up with another Master, possibly Plo Koon, who will complete her training while Anakin and Obi-Wan are involved in the Outer Rim Sieges which lead into Revenge of the Sith. We see Plo die in ROTS, but Ashoka's fate can be left ambiguous.

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    How come no one has bumped this thread?

Here, let me help.[face_tee_hee]

9. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
  10. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Ahsoka is the best part of TCW.

Spazmatron, LawJedi and Paparazzo like this.
  11. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    ^ Careful, Lord Kowak sees all.

12. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    What kind of an uncivilized place has this become, that you have to hide this statement? Ahsoka Tano is, and has always been, the best part of TCW.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm... lets start actually talking about Ahsoka in this thread again. I'm still very curious as to what big change awaits the character this season.

14. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Agreed, and she may go through more than one. As I mentioned in a different thread, the two big developments I'm looking forward to is her relationship with Lux (for good or bad) and her reaction to the protests against the Jedi Order. both will, I think, provide excellent opportunities for character development. Hopefully they won't be wasted.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I hope they don't try too much with Lux. [face_plain]

Inblackestnight likes this.
  16. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Yeah they can either make it really good, which would be her learning to let go of lux, but they also have the chance to do some reallly stupid things and screw Ahsoka as a character forever... which I don't want to see because she is my favorite character on the show.

17. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    If nothing else, at least they're moving slow with them. And there's a nice Wonder Woman/ Steve Trevor power dynamic between them, so there's no risk of her becoming "the girlfriend."

18. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    Yes but shes a Jedi... Thought she may have picked up a lot of Anakin's traits, she has not learned his bad ones, as many others have mentioned. So making a secret relationship with lux is almost out of character for her? I don't know, I'm just hoping lux dies in Onderon.

19. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    I agree completely, not just from a Jedi continuity perspective, but from the perspective of giving Ahsoka the strongest representation. To be fair, the Obi-Wan/Satine relationship development romantically to a greater extent than the Lux situation. Any other show would probably couple up the female protagonist first.

20. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    It seems to me that perhaps, at least in part, the mission on Onderon is meant to be similar to that of Anankin's solo mission during AotC. I am merely to commenting on the scenes where Ahsoka is alone, which there were several IIRC. There have been far too many instances where she was paired with others who were not her master, but has there been instances where she was intentionally left by herself?

21. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    She led her own Cruiser mission in Storm Over Ryloth, right?

22. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    Yes but she had Anakin practically looking over her, and she was with the republic, not dangerous boys like lux.

23. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    I don't recall all the details on that but she at least had the admrial and I believe Rex with her. Many of the S5 clips of her on Onderon she appears only with the locals. I guess I'll have to rewatch it; maybe I'm wrong about this :-B

Edit: Spazmatron beat me to it :p

24. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    I remember in s3 ep 10 when I saw lux for the first time at that house, before any dialogue, I already knew what was coming and in my mind i was like "really?". I liked the episode after Ahsoka started shunning him and making him look bad but still... lux... ueggehg...

25. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    I see her possibly being taken out by Anakin as he slides down to the dark side.