main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Last Jedi by Michael Reaves

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Didn't see a thread, so I figured I'd post one. Found this on Amazon:

"KNIGHT OF RECKONING

The Emperor’s ruthless Order 66 has all but exterminated the Jedi. The few remaining who still wield the Force for good have been driven into exile or hiding. But not Jax Pavan, who’s been steadily striking blows against the Empire—as a lone guerrilla fighter and a valued partner of Whiplash, a secret Coruscant-based resistance group. Now he’s taking on his most critical mission: transporting a valued Whiplash leader, targeted for assassination, from Coruscant to safety on a distant world. It’s a risky move under any circumstances, but Jax and his trusted crew aboard the Far Ranger, including the irrepressible droid I-Five, are prepared to pit their combat skills and their vessel’s firepower against all Imperial threats—except the one Jax fears most. Reports have raced across the galaxy that the dark lord of the Sith has fallen in a duel to the death with a Rebel freedom fighter. But Jax discovers the chilling truth when he reaches out with the Force . . . only to touch the dark, unmistakable, and malignantly alive presence that is Darth Vader. And Jax knows that Vader will stop at nothing until the last Jedi has fallen."

Sounds intriguing and hopefully we'll get some closure.

Ulicus likes this.
  2. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I could be totally wrong there, but... "duel to the death with a Rebel freedom fighter": this is not TFU2 they're referencing, is it?

3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Depends on the timeframe for the novel.

4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    A tie-in with TFU II? Am I a bad person for saying... that's actually cool?

I'd be fine with this novel being the depiction of Vader's escape. Of course, that leaves Starkiller... maybe he'll be offed by Vader in this novel. It would be pretty hilarious if it was an off-hand comment by Vader, too. Of course, I'm sure they don't want to completely shut the door on TFU III.

Ordo N-11 and Esg like this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Cover.
    [​IMG]

I think they said at CVI that the Even Piell issue will not be touched upon. Anyway, I think this will be pretty good. I liked Shadow Games a lot, and more I-5 is always a good thing.

Gorefiend likes this.
  6. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I'm really looking forward to this, I've enjoyed the Coruscant Nights series. I just don't know why they decided to release this one such a long time after the previous one was published.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well it was announced, what, two years ago? So that would have been two years after CN had wrapped up, meaning it's really circumstantial that this is actually coming out 5 years afterward. Plus, Reaves and Bohnhoff had Shadow Games to write as well.

8. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Didn't Reaves have pretty significant health problems as well?

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    AFAIK, his health problems are chronic, since he has Parkinson's. Hence the co-author for this, CN 3 and Shadow Games. :(

10. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    It does seem like a reference to TFUII, unless of course Darth Vader is actually just really bad at fighting Rebels. I really hope this is true so we can all get closure.

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    If this is a tie-in, that'd be equal parts awesome and unexpected. :D

It would also, of course, mean that Jax and Whiplash had kept things going right up to ANH -- which, admittedly, I guess was one of Reaves original ideas until CN got pushed back to ROTS, cue all the confusion that led to -- which would be quite a fun thing to see... I like Jax, and not seeing him instantly offed in the first two years of the Dark Times would be good.

That said, I do hope he gets offed, as it is Lord Vader who will be the Last Jedi. [face_skull]

12. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I find ironic that although Vader has killed dozens of Jedi in his wake during and after Order66, he always seems to have a struggle with eliminating the odd one or two, most likely because their more than you're average Jedi.... or it could be that they just plane slip through the net.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    FINISH HIM.

JoinTheSchwarz and Ulicus like this.
  14. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I'm thinking that Laranth might meet her fate here.

15. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Don't really want this tying into Force Unleashed, as I feel that would just end up ruining it somehow. These stories have been good on their own so far and I hope this final one will be wrapped up just as well. I'll be sad to see Jax die though, assuming he does.

16. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    "When gone am I the last of the Jedi will you be" - Yoda wasn't counting Vader or Palps as being Jedi!

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Nice cover!:cool:

And damn -- they're missing the retcon boat with this one!

18. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Retcon, the same story anew!
    C Canon, we're rewriting youuuuuuuuuu!

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  19. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Fixing the TFU II mess would more than make up for not fixing the Piell mess...

But I doubt I'll get that lucky.

20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    You could always mix the Piell mess into fixing the TFU2 mess.

*coughclonescough*

:p

21. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    The main reason I don't see a TFU II "fix" happening is that it could effectively stifle the possibility of a TFU III. I'm sure that's a cash cow Lucasarts wants to tap into in the future.

Or... we could combine Maul and Piell's DNA, like with Maulkiller! Or we could make a four-assed Evan Piell...

Ordo N-11 and RC-1991 like this.
  22. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm not sure what I just read.

23. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    It's a South Park reference.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Ah. Well that makes a world of difference. Now I'm sure what I read; not so sure about the mental image.

25. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Vader originally scrapped Maulkiller because it didn't look like this.

[​IMG]

The true next step in evolution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.