main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Fate of the Jedi and Aftermath Fan Club - looking forward to Crucible and SotJ!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Jaina Solo's title.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Oh ok thanks. I haven't read past Allies so i'm s bit behind

4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke gave her that title in Destiny's Way.

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I know but i thought SOJT meant something else since i haven't read the whole series FOTJ

6. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Sword of the Jedi - the most recently announced big project from Del Rey. It's a trilogy about Jaina Solo, post Fate of the Jedi, written by Christie Golden.

And you are far from alone in wanting more YJK-type adventures for Ben. I hope it's slightly more successful than the YJK by Anderson et al, but it's definitely a great concept.

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Perhpas the scene I enjoyed the most in Apocalypse was the Tahiri & Fett vs Abeloth scene. I thought it just had a lot of cool factor going for it.

A Tool likes this.
  8. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Tahiri and Fett were pretty awesome! Definitely one of the things that kept me reading...

9. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'm glad Fett got better after LotF. He was back to his grumpy, enigmatic self again. I don't miss the self doubting emotionally compromised Fett. *cough cough*traviss*cough*

10. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see a YJK type series with Ben and Allana both. Have her be his Padawan! I want to see them interact more, they are cousins after all.

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I enjoyed the Fett and Tahiri parts too. Part of me wants her to stay "independent" and work with Fett. I know, he's a loner, but still... a girl can wish.
    Do you think there will be a novel featuring the Barabels? Something seems to be building with them since the nest and such. Those babies were so cute!

I'm so giddy about the SoTJ stuff that I haven't stopped squealing since the announcement.

12. AdamQD

AdamQD Jedi Master

Apr 2, 2006
    As a whole I enjoyed FOTJ, some of the early "Crazy Padawan Stuff" got me wondering where we were going with this series, but I think Ben as a Knight was my favorite character, I foresee him becoming an even greater character, and a valid Leader of the Order some day.

I'm not at all interested in Crucible, or the continuation of the big three to be honest, but the SOTJ title is very intriguing!

A Tool likes this.
  13. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Am I the only one who finds it weird that Luke already plans for Ben to be leader of the Order one day?

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A little, but I expect other Jedi will take the role as Grandmaster along the way. Kenth led the Order twice in Luke's absence, and Cal suggested Corran at one point.

15. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Corran could do it. He's usually level headed and rational.

And while it's odd at Ben's age I suppose, he's proven to be a very talented young Jedi, certainly with the potential to lead.

16. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd just love for him to interact with people his own age....*cough*Seha Dorvald*cough :p

imiller and Force Smuggler like this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Seha would be absolutely great, I must say. Though their generation could do with being expanded on as a rule.

imiller likes this.
  18. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I agree. While it was a preteen series, Jedi apprentice really got me into the books originally and gave you a lot of young people with promise. Where is that now?

Sent from the future using psychic implants.

19. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    That's what i'm saying!!! Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, Junior Jedi Knights, Young Jedi Knights; each of these served to not only tell us more about certain important characters, but also established new characters as well. Obi-Wan, Anakin Skywalker, Anakin Solo, and the Solo Twins, all gained friends their own age from these series. Friends who'd go on to appear in later works. The fact that the same hasn't been done for Ben is honestly just plain awful. He's a future Grandmaster with no contemporaries. He's going to be leading and working with people he doesn't know, and that we as readers won't know or care about.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  20. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    And I agree with his agreement! Even Yoda: Dark Rendezvous gave you better insight to the youth of the Jedi temple than we've gotten recently! (Loved that one btw)

21. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    You should join our Seha fan club - or at least just pop in and say "Seha is great" :)

A Tool likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous was all manner of awesome. My absolute favourite Clone Wars material in existence, followed by Shatterpoint.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  23. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    If for no other reason than the insight it gave into the Yoda/dooku dynamic.

24. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Considering what happens in Luke's absence (heated arguments and/or Death-duels), I'd think thar he'd want someone he trusts to lead - and if you can't trust family, then who?

Personally, I'd like to see what Kyle could do at the helm - if only as a temporary arrangement!

A Tool likes this.
  25. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Its not so much that I have a problem with Ben becoming Grandmaster (Though I don't find him to be a very interesting character) its that Luke's pretty much picking him off the bat without considering there might be another worthy candidate, or that another one might arise in a few years. Nomi Sunrider, Satele Shan, Yoda; none of these people were being looked at as future Grandmasters from the start. The way Luke's doing it makes what Vergere said about a Skywalker Dynasty ring true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.