main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC I'm screwed: The Tunick life at Wally World

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Jul 26, 2011.

1. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    ****ing quit already!:p

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    That would make too much sense.

3. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Since you were in the Garden dept, I was gonna call and ask about peppers and if by chance you had some way for me to put those into an aerosol form... Instead I got some lady who was checking on prices of peppers for over 5 minutes while I heard another woman in the background saying "no, Chloe, NO!" My second call got another guy who just got there and told me that you only had sweet chili peppers in stock. I didn't bother to ask about getting it into a spray form.

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

She has told me that the boyfriend not only likes to drink (and smoke), but is a fan of the Lakers.....................I can easily get along/hang out with this guy. :p

No ****....................I just still have a real difficult time believing that one would fall for me, or at least find me interesting enough. My self esteem is low, to say the least. :p

I didn't bother to ask about getting it into a spray form.

You should have.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

5. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    You are way too hard on yourself man.

Someday I'm gonna have flowers and balloons delivered to you.

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Just talk to her, get to know her, you'll rub off on her and if she's really into you then it'll be obvious.

Go to the game with her, go halfsies if she's cool with it and just have a good time. Don't talk about a relationship unless she brings it up, go as friends, have a good time and if things happen then they happen. If they don't, then you still saw a Lakers game, so it's a win/win situation for you.

7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    It's not a Lakers game we would be going to, it will be a Dodger game. I can barely afford when I go most of the time, let alone pay for 2 tickets. Laker tickets are expensive.

:p

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm going to be breaking one of my rules in life tonight: will be hanging out with co-workers outside of work (Dodger game). Though there's to be about 10-12 people going, l'd imagine I'll end up sitting next to the Wally World gal.

9. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Where's that cake thing you posted on FB that was green?

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    and her boyfriend?

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Just out of curiosity Armen, how much do you spend yearly in Dodgers and Lakers game tickets (plus concessions) when you could be watching those games for free on a tv? And when adding those numbers, could you tell me if that money couldn't have been better spent in, say, a downpayment for a car?

12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Arlon: The cake is in the break room.

Harps: Yeah, her boyfriend will be there.

D_I: Excluding concessions (because often time people will buy me food), on average it's $90 per Laker ticket (I average 1-4 games a season), and $10 per Dodger ticket (5-10 games a season).

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Look at you getting all social.

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ok, fine, it's not enough. But $90 for a Lakers game? Pfft. I'd rather eat/drink that money instead.

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm incredibly happy/giddy whenever I go to a game (at the start at least/unless they lose :p )... completely worth it for me. Obviously, not for you. :p

16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    It was a niiiiiice evening out I would admit (though what stopped it for being a great evening was the fact that the Dodgers lost :p ), even if I was with her/a bunch of co-workers.

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Was working a few minutes ago out here in garden (near my secret hiding spot where I use my BlackBerry), when I hear the sounds of the forklift/pallet jacks. I check to see what was going on, only to find that... Christmas freight! Yes sir, starting tomorrow (and I'm sure at Wally World's all across the U.S.) we'll have a Christmas section up & running here at #2526. Obviously I'm not surprised by this anymore, but it's still ridiculous to see. Wouldn't it be great if you didn't see a single Christmas item/ad/etc. out until the last week of November?

18. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008

This'uns for you Armen.

DarthTunick likes this.
  19. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    You never even went and applied at Sports Authority, did you? DarthTunick?

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Our local Freddie's has had Christmas stuff up along with the Halloween for at least a week already.

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Big Lots and Walgreens had Halloween stuff up in August.

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My local Sainsbury's (supermarket) had some Christmas stuff (mostly chocolates/candies) out when I went on Monday morning. You don't see much Halloween stuff here in the UK but Christmas stuff comes out early.

24. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I would think working retail is never worse than once Christmas season is in full swing.

DarthTunick likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Years ago a close friend of mine worked in the IT department for a large discount retailer in the Northeast US (now defunct) and every year all the non-retail employees had to do at least one day in a store during the Thanksgiving to Christmas period. He hated it...