main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Unfinished Game Pile

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, Sep 21, 2012.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Everyone has games they haven't finished. Because I'm nosy, what games have you got that you haven't finished? Have you got games that you've finished but not got all the achievements/trophies? Do you even try to get them all?

I'll post my list of unfinished games after a few replies, I just want to see whether I should list them all or just some of them. ;)

2. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    If what you mean by completely finished is finished all side quests, found all upgrades/secrets/items/tokens/whatever, then I have finished very few of all the games I've ever owned. If you just mean that I've completed the story, then about half of my games of the previous generation I have either not begun or finished, although in my defence I bought some of them well into this current generation. The current generation is where I am worst, however, as I have only begun on 1/5 of the library I own for PS3. [face_blush]

I've even been renting Dark Void for three months without finishing it, because I was too engrossed with Infamous 2 in that time period!

This is why, as paradoxical as it sounds, and how utterly stupid it is with respect to one's own money, I prefer games with short campaigns, so that I can finish them quickly. I should be ashamed of myself for having that preference... I'm only encouraging laziness on the part of the developers. [face_plain]

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    *looks at Steam library*

Alan Wake, Magicka (because seriously it's harder than it looks), Dead Space, Alpha Protocol, the entire Assassin's Creed series, Portal 1 and 2, Psychonauts, TFU 1 and 2, The Witcher 1 (I didn't even bother getting Witcher 2), Evil Genius, World of Goo, Puzzle Dimension, Divinity II, Fallout New Vegas, a bunch of indie games ... and if we move into games I've been meaning to buy and play but haven't, there's Final Fantasy 13-2, KotOR 2, Uncharted ...

... embarrassingly, it looks like I've really only finished Blizzard or Bioware games, and a handful of tower defence things. [face_blush]

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
    -Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    -Zelda: Skyward Sword *
    -Halo Reach
    -Gears of War 2
    -Epic Mickey *

*games I've stopped playing because they suck (coincidentally, both are Wii games)

5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Far Cry 2, mostly (the malaria mechanic drives me crazy). The only other games I haven't finished are mostly ones I picked up as part of a discounted pack that I wasn't particularly trying to get in the first place. Human Revolution is the only game I've ever gotten 100% achievements on, so far.

6. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    This is a nice game. It returns to the main character from the previous generation's trilogy, and those same mechanics, all the while mixing in new powers and mythology that is reminiscent of the stand-alone 2008 game. When I played it, I got the feeling that Ubisoft were trying to take the ideas from the 2008 game, and incorporate them in a more familiar tried and true way, as if to redeem themselves to the fans. It is challenging and frantic, and you will have amassed quite the arsenal of powers by the end parts of the game, that you will have to use in tandem at a hectic pace. The campaign is fairly short, however. There is some replay value, though, in that you unlock survival challenges after finishing the campaign, which I used as a convenient way to rack up achievements.

7. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Here's my pile of shame:

Wii
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    The Last Story

PS3
    Fallout: New Vegas
    FF XIII-2
    Infamous 2
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    The Sly Cooper Collection
    Clash of the Titans

PS2
    Rogue Galaxy
    Psychonauts

PC
    Fallout
    Planescape: Torment
    Icewind Dale
    Icewind Dale II
    Temple of the Elemental Evil
    Baldur's Gate
    Baldur's Gate 2
    Machinarium
    The Legend of Grimrock
    Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
    Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
    Dungeons and Dragons: Demonstone
    Bastion
    LIMBO
    Rochard
    Dark Forces II
    Titan's Quest
    Torchlight

You might not think it but I'm really not much of a PC gamer. But I am sometimes a sucker for Steam, and GOG sales. Also, the Humble Indie Bundle's gotten it's hooks into me a couple of times as well.

I think I'll wind up finishing The Last Story next. I'm determined to not start another game until I finish the one I'm on. But after that one I think I'll try Planescape:Torment.

As for trophies, I'll sometimes go out of my way to platinum my games but not usually. I'll only do it if I think it will be easy. Generally speaking, I won't play a game any more after I've beaten the main story.

8. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Metroid Prime
    Metroid Prime 2
    Metroid Prime Corruption
    Metroid Other M
    Guild Wars Nightfall
    Half Life
    KOTOR 2
    The Old Republic - No Storyline as yet and have given the game to my brother now
    Zelda Skyward Sword
    Okami

And there's loads that I've not even thought about as well

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Life: depends on what you want. Some of my games, like the Lego ones, I want to get everything, others like MW3 I'm happy with completing the campaign and getting so multiplayer achievements.

Zebra3: hah! Now I won't feel so bad when I get around to posting my list! :p

10. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Armored Core: For Answer
    Dragon's Dogma
    Fallout 3 (Disk is lost forever)
    Ace Combat 6
    Dark Souls
    Batman: Arkham Asylum

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    360:
    Fallout 3
    FFXIII
    Forza 3
    Forza 4
    Witcher 2
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Lego Star Wars: TCS
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Viking: Battle for Asgard
    Lego Star Wars 3
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Halo: Anniversary
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

PC:
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    And Yet It Moves
    Bastion
    BIT.TRIP Runner
    Borderlands
    Braid
    Cogs
    Hammerfight
    Jamestown
    LIMBO
    Lone Survivor
    NightSky
    Psychonauts
    Shank
    Super Meat Boy
    Superbrothers: Swords and Sorcery EP
    VVVVVV
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2

And more that aren't near my desk and aren't on Steam and such.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I have dozens of games on Steam that I haven't played yet because I get them in bundles on sales. It'll have to wait until I get home from my trip for a detailed accounting though.

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    The question should be what games have I started.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    uhhh let's see

Superman Returns
    The Incredible Hulk
    Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
    Lego Batman
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
    Ghost Record: Advanced Warfighter 2
    Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City: Ballad of Gay Tony
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
    Pure

15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, I have more than one obviously, but Dead Space is the most recent. Reached the final boss, went about trying to blow away the pod things on its stomach. Took about fifteen failures and I was like "you know what? Who cares? My life is not going to be measurably better with blowing away one more hideous monster, gigantic or not. I'm done with this game."

16. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Wall-E
    Portal 2
    Need for Speed: Undercover
    The Golden Compass
    Battlefront
    Battlefront 2
    Jedi Academy
    Starfighter
    Air Mech
    Minecraft (getting to The End)
    Halo 3: ODST
    Halo: Reach
    Lego Star Wars 3
    Clone Wars

17. Legend_of_Leroy

Legend_of_Leroy Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    153 unfinished games, 71 unplayed; yeah I'm not posting this list in full. I think about 30 of them don't count though since they are repeats of games I have for different platforms.

Includes (at random): Darksiders, Fable, Terraria, Tails' Adventure, Super Meat Boy, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Pokémon Black Version, Deus Ex Invisible War, Dragon Age Origins, Mario Kart 7, Wario Land 4, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Shining Force, Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, Metroid, Sonic Drift 2, Mario Kart Wii, Ice Climber, Super Mario Bros: The Lost levels, Star Wars Starfighter, Crayon Physics Deluxe

Life likes this.
  18. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    :eek:

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    :eek: I can understand having 71 unfinished games, but 71 games you haven't even started? :eek:

Edit: oh, and does anyone know of an android/pc app that I can use to keep track of my games? I Need to go through them all and finish some more.

20. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    PC (I'm a sucker for cheap sales):
    Battlefield 3
    Civilization V
    Deus Ex
    Diablo III
    Skyrim
    Fallout
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Just Cause 2