main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Master Valon

Master Valon Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2012
    Ah, I see. Apologies for my N00bishness, haha. But yeah, I actually agree with her sentiment regarding the nature of the Jedi, on a philosophical level. HOWEVER, I can suspend this belief in order to enjoy Jedi-based stories and such, so I also get the other side, as well. I just personally enjoy the Mandos a bit more. And what I enjoy, I sort of obsess over, haha.

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have picked up using osik to voice my disdain for TCW.

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    That's good to use. I think i will try it.

Master Valon likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Again no apologies needed. I like the Mandos as written by KT because I enjoy the brotherhood she portrays amongst them as a society of soldiers and warriors. I admit to be a far greater fan of anything Mandalorian as opposed to anything Star Wars. Not to say I am not a fan of Star Wars in general, but without the Mandalorians I doubt I would be on this site. ;)

[​IMG]

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  5. Master Valon

Sep 19, 2012
    Yeah, I knew a kid who shared the same pov. Except he was even more extreme, and said he didn't really like anything about SW other than clones/Mandalorians! And yeah, that's exactly why I like KT so much, too. I feel her real-world experiences as a journalist/with the military REALLY put her writing of the SW military in a league of their own.

EDIT: Oh, and JEDI_TEE, that's good! Its super useful.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah I agree with you there.

I was always a Star Wars fan to some degree, but never gave the Mandalorians a second thought until the RC series. That upped my level of fandom.

[​IMG]

7. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I think having played RC before reading the series allowed me to overlook the deficiencies.

8. Master Valon

Sep 19, 2012
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Never played the game. I don't do a whole lot of video games.

[​IMG]

10. Master Valon

Sep 19, 2012
    Oh, man! I would definitely recommend the game. It's super fun, even purely on a "video game" level. Once you add the fact that its about your favorite thing about SW, its just amazing!

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I got it in a bundle pack of Star Wars games my brother gave awhile back and even went so far as to install it. But I never played it and ended up deleting it. :p

[​IMG]

12. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Ah, one of those "Star Wars: The Best of PC" bundles I would imagine.

13. Master Valon

Sep 19, 2012
    :eek: You gotta reinstall it, man! I mean, you don't HAVE to.....I just recommend it! a haha

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah something like that, came with a couple of other games that I never even installed. About the only Star Wars games I played were the Xwing and TIE series. I still play X-Wing Alliance actually. :p

EDIT: Not sure where it even is now, I may have given it back to him.

[​IMG]

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Su'cuy Master Valon!

Unfortunalty nominations and voting for Kal Skirata are now closed. Tom Hanks is an interesing idea to be sure :)

By all means feel free to jump on for the next round. We have plenty of prominate characters left to cast!

Welcome back!

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  16. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    The up to date casting list!

Ed Harris as Kal Skirata

[​IMG]

David Wenham as Fenn Shysa

[​IMG]

Frances McDormand as Arla Fett

[​IMG]

Sam Rockwell as Bardan Jusik

[​IMG]

Eliza Dushku as Callista Massana!

[​IMG]

Rena Owen as Rav Bralor

[​IMG]

Jake Busey as Dred Priest

[​IMG]

Chow Yun Fat as Sa Cuis

[​IMG]

Daniel Day Lewis as Jaller Obrim

[​IMG]

Jeremy Renner as Mij Gilamar

[​IMG]

Tilda Swinton as Dr. Uthan

[​IMG]

Pauline Newstone as Jinart

[​IMG]

17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Lets cast Ghez Hokan!

[​IMG]

A Mandalorian with a well known reputation for violence Ghez Hokan worked for the CIS during The Clone Wars. He viewed the Clone Troopers as an abomination that needed to be exterminated. He also captured and then murdered Kast Fulier and waged a harsh battle against the Republic Commando known as Darman before being cut down by Etain Tur Mukan.

Remember previously cast actors are not eligible to play this role. Also if you make one nomination and don't return during the voting round your nomination will count as a vote.

So lets cast one of the toughest Mandalorians I think I've seen, Ghez Hokan!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  18. Master Valon

Sep 19, 2012
    I cast a vote for R. Lee Ermey....best known for his role as Sgt. Hartman in "Full Metal Jacket"....or Stephen Lang. I dunno, one of those two. If I had to choose....I guess I'd vote for Stephen Lang, actually. Ermey is a bit "over the top", in retrospect. I think Hokan needs to be more cold.

19. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Stephen Lang is an amazing actor but I've always associated him with almost more comedic characters like his roles like General Pickett in Gettyburg and Ike Clanton in Tombstone. He is a harder character in Avatar, but I still find that one comical as well :p I like the idea of having him in this role.

And of course keep in mind that right now we are just doing nominations. Voting will come later once we've seen all the possible options. I know over the course of this I've been swayed in different directions a few times.

So nominated thus far:

R. Lee Emery

[​IMG]

Stephen Lang

[​IMG]

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I am unsure if an age range was ever given for Hokan. I am going to go with Gene Hackman, though he may be a little old for the role...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Oops... apparently I'm not allowed to delete a post after I create it.
    My suggestion is likely to be invalid anyways, as I am not a member of your club, so just ignore me. I'm just being a n00b. [face_blush]

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Mayla, one need not be a member of the Mando fan club to take part in our casting game.

And of course if you like Mandos, you are more then welcome to stick around and join us! :)

[​IMG]

23. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Everyone is welcome to participate. Our club has very loose guildlines on membership(there really aren't any :p) but even if there were membership is not required to play the game.

As for Hokan, he seems to be able to physically go toe to toe with genetically enhansed and specially trained clone troopers so my guess would be that he's not sixty or seventy years of age. Maybe 35-45 or so. He just strikes me as being someone in, or close to, his physical prime.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I agree with that assessment. I just can't think of any good actors in that age range who'd fit the role. Maybe Jack Nicholson 20-30 years ago. I mean, look at him then, perfect for a trigger-happy merc:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's great with intensity, which I think is a key element of Hokan's character, and we know NIcholson's great at villainous characters. But if we're to assume that Hokan's more toward his 50s or 60s, here's older Jack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Much the same problem I had which is why I went with an older actor too.

[​IMG]