main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Why is the Star Wars Saga cool to you?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by CoolyFett, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    This past weekend I went to visit my family in Philly for the weekend. I've have not been home in 5 yrs I had some nieces & nephews that were born after I moved away. We were in Target Saturday & I bought myself a Yodo shirt...its something I always wanted because Yoda is one of my favorite characters. My oldest niece who is 10 years old noticed the shirt and said she saw The elf in a movie were ther was a man in black who had an ac vent on his face. Her dad(my younger brother) & I busted out laughing because we knew exactly who she was talking about. She asked us why the man in movie did the heavy breathing & I told her she had to see all the movies to understand who Yoda & Darth Vader was. Now I am guessing she saw ep 5 or 6, but its most likely it was ESB. My niece is a true girly girl, but the fact she recognized yoda was really cool & she saw it on tv at a friends house. To see the nextgeneration of kids taking interest in SW is the coolest thing to me. There are many cool things about the entire sag, but everyone has their own opinion of what they would consider cool or hip. I'm thinking of getting her the blu ray set....

Julius Vernon likes this.
  2. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Another cool thing about SW is that GL didn't make it by himself, he had from many creative people. From the design of all the fighter ships to the design of the costumes to all the different landscapes that were featured in the saga. A cloud gas planet, a snow &ice planet or an ocean planet. I really do appreciate the diversity of all the planets featured.

3. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    The Star Wars saga is so cool that I can't describe it.

4. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    So cool you guys.

5. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    It's a great conversation-starter for picking up chicks.

I've gotten laid alot thanks to Lucasfilm.

6. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Really? I'm not calling you a liar, but usually all I hear is "Oh yeah, my brother loved stuff that when he was nine." Or something to that effect. But if so, good for you.

Now if you tell someone you WORK at Lucasfilm, that might be a better conversation starter.

7. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005

THINGS I NEVER THOUGHT I'D READ:

1. "Mein Kampf made me a better person."
    2. "Deep down, Dick Cheney really loves people."
    3. "I would trust Michael Jackson with my children."
    4. "I've gotten laid alot thanks to Lucasfilm."

8. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Star Wars is 20% cooler.

9. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Star Wars is something you share with a wife or ltr girlfriend, most women are far too shallow to understand it before they have slept with you.

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Way to diss all women! There are plenty of women who "understand" Star Wars all on their own and don't need a "man's help" to do so.

11. Master Valon

Master Valon Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2012
    Um......well in the words of Ron Burgandy...."That escalated quickly".

To get the ball rolling away from vaguely misogynistic comments, I'll say that SW is so cool to me because of 2 reasons:

1.) Nostalgia, pure and simple. I was introduced to the OT when I was 3, and saw TPM in theaters when I was 5 (yes, I know, I'm young, yadda yadda yadda. I know.:p)

2.) The expansive, nearly unending amount of lore and backstory. If you see or hear of something, there's probably a whole history fleshed out for it.

Those two put together add up to a really awesome franchise that I can lose myself in for a long while.

12. Eternal_Hero

Eternal_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2012
    Right now it's not cool...which is what makes it cool.

13. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    pardon me, but I think your emotions is causing you to misread what I am saying to the OTHER POSTER. Please don't make this a gender fight. What makes SW interesting to you? That's the topic.

14. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    What do you mean exactly? I like the fact that the story is easy to follow. Its not an overly complex tale.

15. Eternal_Hero

Eternal_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2012
    The Thread: Why Is SW Cool To You?
    My Answer: Because it's not "in" right now.

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003

Eternal_Hero likes this.
  17. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    "You're too shallow for me to talk to you before I sleep with you."

Classy.

18. Silas Tri

Silas Tri Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2012
    I really enjoy how expansive the SW universe has become thanks to all the novels, essential guides, games, tv projects like TCW, etc. Like Valon mentioned, there is probably an entire history fleshed out for every obscure reference in the films. There is always something new and interesting to read and explore within the SW universe and it keeps on growing.

19. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    The names, story, plot points! Skywalker is the best last name ever. Anakin Skywalker, being a Jedi who turns to evil and joins the Sith and becomes a cyborg black knight samurai, who has 2 skywalker children-luke and leia skywalker, and has a wife called Padme amidala sounds so awesome. The spaceships and aliens are awesome! How themes in the saga repeat are also awesome, the parallels between the 2 sagas.

20. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I like the first complete saga & many of the merch that supports the 6 films that have the Fox fanfare. I also enjoy the Battlefront games that allows me to play in the worlds created in the complete saga.

21. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    It's cool how the saga is getting a proper continuation with episodes VII-IX.

22. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    You have a point there, Yuy. I also think it's awesome that Star Wars will continue to expand for generations to come, even on the big screen. It will live on - and mean something different to every new generation of fans.
    THAT is cool beyond words!

"In time, you will learn to love it, as I have"
    /LM

23. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I dunno it might have worked for me a few years ago if I tried. I imagine all I needed to say was "I really like wearing Leia's slave bikini. Wanna see me in it?".

24. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I really love the notion of a mythology-inspired story set in a pulp sci-fi universe—especially when it's as artistically brought to life as this saga.

25. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Because it is one of the Best Sci-fi stories ever! and it is a universe that draws you in regardless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.