main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Top 10 Sith Lords of all time.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Starwarsranterman, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starwarsranterman

Starwarsranterman Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2012
    Note these are sith lords only so not just someone who used the darkside, tell me what you think
    1. Darth Sidious
    2. Darth Bane
    3. Darth Caedus
    4. Darth Revan
    5. Darth Nihilus
    6. Sith Emperor
    7. Darth Vader
    8. Darth Malgus
    9. Exar-Kun
    10. Darth Krayt

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Reasons?

My list...

1. Darth Sidious
    2. Sith Emperor Vitiate
    3. Darth Krayt
    4. Darth Vader
    5. Darth Traya
    6. Darth Bane
    7. Darth Revan
    9. Yaru Korsin
    10. Darth Caedus

But that is fairly hard to decide.

3. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I'm assuming that by top you mean greatest?

1. Darth Bane
    2. Darth Sidious
    3. Vitiate
    4. Darth Krayt
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Darth Traya
    7. Darth Revan
    8. Exar Kun
    9. Darth Tyranus
    10. Marka Ragnos

NOTE: I have yet to read Decieved or Darth Plagueis.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Why Bane over Sidious?

5. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Bane's the one who made everything Sidious accomplished possible. Its personal opinion, but I always consider that Sidious had it slightly easier because he had 1,000 years of work and preparation to work with. Bane had to make sure that all that work would be possible and completely change the way things were done so that the Sith could adapt and survive. Bane created the dream, Sidious fulfilled it.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Intriguing... so, why Sidious over Krayt? Krayt conquered the galaxy with a century of Yuuzhan Vong/Lost Tribe-assisted preparation, too.

7. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Sidious control of the galaxy lasted longer and was more complete. Krayt's took less time to get off the ground sure, but in the end that led to it having more problems and a shorter lifespan, which I think the comics accurately portrayed. Krayt's method was very heavy handed, to the point that Roan Fel saw it coming and managed to escape, ensuring that there would be rebellion from the start. His attack on the Jedi was more of the same. Its 2 different approaches to the same goal, and now that Krayt's has failed the One Sith seem to be adopting a mentality similar to the Order of the Sith Lords, just with more members to speed up the process. I can't fault Krayt for striking when he did, he saw his opportunity and he took it, but there's something to be said for the execution of his grand dream. Both Lords conquered the galaxy, but Sidious did it better, which stems from the different Orders they came from.

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Intriguing... and I agree with Sidious over Vitiate over Krayt, actually.

One more question (sorry fro all the questions), why Darth Tyranus at all? He was a tool, and nothing more?

9. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    That's true, but even Sidious admitted that Tyranus was crucial to the Sith victory over the Jedi. Only Dooku could've set up the Clone War and gotten the trust of the many species who made up the CIS. He was the right man for the job, just as Vader was the right man for his. To me, the fact he was a tool doesn't change what he accomplished. It makes him naive, and a bit of an idiot, but still an influential Sith Lord. So he didn't conquer the galaxy or rebuild an order, but his actions directly led to the Sith gaining dominance over the galaxy.

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Intriguing.

Caedus did the same, though, it could be said, for Krayt.

11. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    He did manipulate the laws to his own ends and manage to gain joint control of the GA, but even before he came out as a Sith Lord people were opposing him and watching his actions with concern. He also didn't do a good job of consolidating his power, or creating allies for himself. Caedus attempted to be subtle, and manipulate, and lie, however he was too big of a target from the start. Sidious, Krayt, Caedus; the quicker the rise, the quicker the fall.

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    But he was a lightning rod, like Tyranus was for Sidious.

The consequences of Caedus' rule were far more reaching than Tyranus' though; Daala, Moff Conspiracy, Lost Tribe and Abeloth, after all.

13. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Hmm, that's true. He was a factor that led to the rise of Krayt's Sith. However I personally never saw him as being that great of a factor on his own. The One Sith were on Korriban hidden behind the dark side aura of the planet. There was a war going on with or without Caedus for the Jedi to be focused on. Daala as well I only see as a small footnote in the One Sith's rise. Moffs will be moffs. The Lost Tribe I see in the same light as Daala and Caedus, and Abeloth if anything served to impede the One Sith. While she did attract the Jedi's attention, she was also the reason Luke eventually came into contact with Krayt and discovered the existence of the One Sith. That right there put the Jedi on guard and could've very easily led to the One Sith being discovered and destroyed. Tyranus actions led directly into the Sith taking control of the galaxy. And really the entire EU after ROTJ stems from Tyranus, even Krayt's One Sith only exists because of Order 66. Caedus effected the next 20 years or so. Tyranus effected the next century.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Valid point there, I must say.

Tyranus is one of my favourite Sith Lords but him being played so immensely undercuts him in my mind to the other Sith Lords on my own list.

15. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    A lot of it's personal opinion though lol we'll all see different actions and effects in a different light. I see Sidious of course as one of the greatest, so his apprentices I look at very carefully, because they would've played a crucial part in his rise, just as he did in the rise of the Sith as a whole. Maul for the most part was relatively unimportant from what I can tell. Tyranus and Vader however were both key in allowing Sidious to fulfill the Sith's dream, and therefore key to Sidious greatness. Any long lasting effects of Sidious Empire should I think partially be attributed to them.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Very true, it is a lot of personal opinion, and I acknowledge that I may over-love Caedus.

*chuckles*

Maul's import seems likely to increase as the TCW series goes on, now! With such Sith knowledge, I'm surprised you're not a member of our local Sith Fan Club, Jenari!

DarthJenari likes this.
  17. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Perhaps, i'm still not sure how I feel about Maul being back.

Where is this fan club you speak of? [face_thinking]

EDIT: I see it.

Starwarsranterman, why do you have Caedus so high, and why Nihilus at all? (Just curious)

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  19. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I have yet to read any of the Darth Bane books, or the Revan books, but I definitely think that Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord of all time. His skills as a lightsaber duelist were almost unmatched, and his mastery of the Force was unrivaled. I haven't read much about Nihilus, either. I definitely wouldn't put Caedus in there, as he was only a Sith Lord for a very short amount of time. To me, he never completely crossed over and was defeated by a much less powerful Jedi.

20. Sith lord Darth Revan

Sith lord Darth Revan Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2013
    My top five Sith lords
    1.Darth Revan
    2.Exar Kun
    3. Darth Malgus
    4. Darth Bane
    5.Darth Sidious

21. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012