main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Oct 14, 2005.

1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Good advice. The problem with throwing paper money is that they can be blown away by the breeze, so you'll have to chase it. With the change jar, you don't have that problem =P~

2. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Frankly, I think "short of breath from chasing down multiple bills blown away by the breeze" is a far better prognosis than "admitted to ICU in critical condition after receiving a cerebral contusion and intracerebral hematoma." :p

3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Interesting - while leafing through the TOS online encyclopedia, this is the first time I noticed that Separatist Sen. Bonteri was from Onderon. I guess they joined the CIS? (Also, it's sort of ironic that her son teamed up with old-school Mandos)

4. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Boy, I am really hankering for a new Atlas Appendix update! It has been too long...

5. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Interesting. I wonder if this reason for Separatistism relates to Onderonian traditions maybe. Remember that quote from KotOR II:
    So, wouldn't be surprised if some Onderonians embraced Separatisism in order to preserve their traditions and culture. Though yeah, its somewhat... ironic that he decided to go to old-school Mandos of all people for help.

6. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Is Uphrades in the Appendix?

7. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Not as of the last revision, no.

8. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Speaking of revisions, working on the Expansion Region sectors map. Prepping it pushes Photoshop over the edge -- lots of crashes. And this is the last of the easy ones -- starting with the Inner Rim things get really tough.

Hoping the ER map will be part of a springtime update with an appendix revision that includes the WARFARE systems and all the additions/corrections since the last one. OLD REPUBLIC systems are a part of that category.

9. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Jason, once WARFARE is wrapped up, are there any plans to do any further "sector highlights" like the Tion Cluster or the Grumani Sector?

10. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    No plans right now, but I'd love to, and I'm sure Dan would feel the same way. Here's hoping!

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    The trivia slideshow for the most recent TCW episode, Brothers, shows concept art of a galaxy map tracking Savage Opress' journey from Dathomir to Lotho Minor, with several stops along the way.

Could be helpful when determining the placement of Lotho Minor (and Stobar?)

12. DarthSienna

DarthSienna Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2011
    Sooo... I know Jason said that we should have the Expansion Region sector map by Spring's end, plus an Appendix Update... is that happening any time soon? I hope so. :)

CeiranHarmony and Darth-Ghost like this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    This needs to happen, indeed.

We did get a few new worlds in FotJ which probably need locating, too. An updated to the appendix would be neat :D

14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    As long as they don't forget Bogden this time around.

15. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Perhaps the task of mapping the Core Worlds proved too much, and the universe folded in on itself and sucked him into the endless void.

16. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    :confused: It was in the last Index update...

17. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Haven't forgotten; working on it.

blackmyron, DarthSienna and RC-1991 like this.
  18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Ah, I took another look at it. I didn't know there even was an update to the Index.

19. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Possible missing world - the planet Ohratuu, on p. 145 of the SWAJ #10.

20. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    with many planets listed in the essential readers companion + locations... any new ones in there? freshly placed?

21. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    A-ha. Not a missing world, but misspelled in Atlas. Will put on updates list. Nice catch!

22. Lando Carmello

Lando Carmello Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2012
    If Errant really ends will we see a new update?

23. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    A new sector - Stennes Sector (p. 178, SWAJ #12), where it's implied the Stennes shifters' homeworld, Stennaros, is located.

24. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Do we have any guesses where Quarzite (from the TCW Bounty Hunters episode) is located?