main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 2012 Emmy Awards

Discussion in 'Community' started by solojones, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Glenn Wiess won for Oustanding directing for the Tony Awards.

Jon Stewart won another Emmy for Outstanding Variety Program

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And dropped an f-bomb. Admittedly after nearly getting tackled by Jimmy Fallon and Stephen Colbert.

Also 10th year in a row they've won.

3. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Cranston was robbed. I like Lewis as an actor but Homeland is hugely overrated.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Yep. Outstanding streak.

Also Tracy Morgan has recovered nicely from his onstage fainting spell.

Now onto the Mini - Series category. I swear this is the one that gets dragged out the longest of them all.

ABC put Missing in the Mini - Series/Movie category?

Jessica Lange wins Outstanding Supporting Actress for American Horror Story.

Tom Berenger wins Outstanding Supporting Actor for Hatfields and McCoys (*sniff* Martin Freeman)

Aw, hell. Now I'm going to cry.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Danny Strong wins Outstanding Writing, Jay Roach wins for Outstanding Directing and Julianne Moore wins Outstanding Actress for Game Change.

Think Hollywood's sending a message to the Republicans/Tea Party tonight?

And Costner derails a near Game Change sweep by winning for Hatfields and McCoys.

I think solojones was right about Hollywood just picking the winners based on the names they know by and large.

Game Change completes it's night winning Outstanding Miniseries/Movie

Homeland breaks Mad Men's streak by winning Outstanding Drama.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    w00t! Game Change wins for Best miniseries or TV film.:D[face_party]

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I have mixed emotions on this. On the one hand- NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

OTOH, this must mean that Homeland is really good or something, worth checking out.

Also, I am soo sick of these commercials. If I hear "Moves Like Jagger" or "Too Close" one more tome tonight I'll snap.

8. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    So, has Game of Thrones won anything tonight?

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Nope. Not even Peter Dinklage.

And yep. It's the Modern Family Awards again. What did Sean Penn say when he won the Oscar for Milk? "You Commie homo-loving sons of guns". :p

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Modern Family wins Outstanding Comedy. Too slow.

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Juliet316 likes this.
  12. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Well that's disappointing. Alfie Allen deserved at least a nod for Best Supporting Actor as Theon Greyjoy. His performance was incredible, and perfectly conveyed Theon's internal conflicts.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    At least Aaron Paul actually deserved a trophy. Game Change (which I saw and thought wasn't very good) and Hatfields and McCoys (which I didn't see because it didn't look very good) sweeping the Miniseries/Movies categories over Sherlock and Luther was awful. So much for the night of Brits. I'm glad for Homeland and Louis CK, though.

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah like I said, I knew they'd just give it to the Hollywood heavyweights. Lame.

Also, I exchanged a "really?" look with my brother when Lucy Lui was one of the presenters for mini-series. Awk...ward...

The important thing about this night is I have now breathed the same air as Benedict Cumberbatch. Line up to touch me.

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  15. cipe

cipe Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I can't believe I watched as much of that as I did. A homeless man dragged off the street and given 5 minutes to prepare could have done a better job than Kimmel.

Pretty much the only funny thing I saw was them cutting the sound and light while buddy was accepting for Modern Family at the end. lol

16. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Peter Dinklage was robbed! Booooooo! [face_sick]

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I thought Kimmel was fine. He'd said in interviews ahead of time that he doesn't like when the host makes it too horribly much about them. That he feels like people really just want to see the awards, not him. So I kind of appreciated a bit of a low key approach. Just workmanlike, if a bit forgetable. But I don't think he wanted it to be flashy.

18. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    About the only win I was excited about was Jessica Lange. Oh and Jonathan from Buffy for Game Change. I was sort of hoping Kathryn Joosten would win.

19. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm mildly annoyed that Hatfields and McCoys got the awards that it did...I really didn't think it was that good. Luther and Sherlock should have gotten some love. And I agree with Darth Guy, the Comedy series is ridiculous.

Also, Mad Men got shut out. Not cool.

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I really want to know who watches Two and a Half Men. Someone please tell me. Does John Cryer have something on the voters?

Some good awards last night. Not surprising that Jon Stewart won again. 10 years is pretty impressive. So perhaps now that he's hit a milestone they'll give it to Colbert next year.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sometimes they'll use the awards as sort of a psudo lifetime achievement award if an actor is around a certain category or a show long enough. Sad, but true.

Maybe Jon Stewart will pull an Oprah and pull his name out of contention now? Yeah, wishful thinking.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Old people watch Two and a Half Men.

Now for the love of God, even Stewart knows Colbert should have won several times. This is ridiculous.

23. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Two and a Half Men is insanely popular in the German speaking world. So was King of Queens. And people wonder why I watch almost nothing other than sports and Seinfeld and BSG DVDs. Beingf subjected to Care Bears by my daughters is even better than KoQ. And I (unlike Kevin James) am actually from Queens.

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    This. Not a single Emmy.

25. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Yeah, apparently they broke a record for losing? 0 for 17 nominations.