main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Expanded Universe Quotes You Like

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    My absolute favourite EU quote:

"Everything I tell you is a lie."

Plus, anything Kreia says.

Go!

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not.....

3. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    "Teach me about pain, think you can? Think the old Master cannot care, mmmm? Forgotten who I am, have you? Old am I, yes. Mm. Loved more than you, have I, Padawan. Lost more. Hated more. Killed more. Think wisdom comes at no cost? The dark side, yes- it is easier for them. The pain grows too great, and they eat the darkness to flee from it. Not Yoda. Yoda loves and suffers for it, loves and suffers. The price of Yoda's wisdom, high it is, very high, and the cost goes on forever. But teach me about pain, will you?"
    -Yoda, 'Dark Rendezvous'

4. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    There is an order to things. DG blames me, I blame you, you blame your imaginary sister, Addie gets agitated, we all win. :p - Bardan

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Dark Rendezvous was simply the most amazing novel the Clone Wars ever created.

Kar Vastor: "I have known Jedi. Many, many years ago. That knowing was not a gladness for me. I believed I would never know another, and I rejoiced in that belief. But it is a gladness for me to be proven wrong. I am happy to have known you, Jedi Luke Skywalker. You are more than they were."
    Luke: "That's—I mean, thanks, but I barely know anything."
    Kar Vastor: "So you believe. But I say to you: you are greater than the Jedi of former days."
    Luke: "What makes you say that?"
    Kar Vastor: "Because unlike the Knights of old, Jedi Luke Skywalker… you are not afraid of the dark."

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    –“Do you really think you could take a man as a slave, or pummel me with rocks, and still hope to retain your innocence?”

7. Master Kyp Durron

Master Kyp Durron Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2012
    "You couldn't channel the Force wearing that dress. There isn't enough room in there for it to squeeze through." - Kyp Durron, Dark Journey

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    “With those words, you have earned yourself much pain.”
    “I take it the Vong don’t get promoted for their conversational skills.”

Master Kyp Durron likes this.
  9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Wedge: "Sithspit! What's that?"
    Janson: "That's the sun, Wedge. It's after dawn."
    Wedge: "Well, it offends me. Turn it off."
    Janson: "It's one-thirty, one-forty million klicks away from here."
    Wedge: "Go up in your X-wing and shoot it down."
    Janson: "Wedge, stop acting like a little kid. You're embarrassing me."

10. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Janson: "His name is Kettch, and he's an Ewok."
    Wedge: "No."
    Janson: "Oh, yes. Determined to fight. You should hear him say, 'Yub, yub.' He makes it a battle cry."
    Wedge: "Wes, assuming he could be educated up to Alliance fighter-pilot standards, an Ewok couldn't even reach an X-wing's controls."
    Janson: "He wears arm and leg extensions, prosthetics built for him by a sympathetic medical droid. And he's anxious to go, Commander."
    Wedge: "Please tell me you're kidding."
    Janson: "Of course I'm kidding. Pilot-candidate number one is a Human female from Tatooine, Falynn Sandskimmer."
    Wedge: "I'm going to get you, Janson."
    Janson: "Yub, yub, Commander."

11. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Tycho: “That was interesting."
    Wedge: "He deliberately countermanded one of my orders."
    Tycho: "He was furtive."
    Wedge: "Sneaky, even."
    Tycho: "We'll make a Rebellion-style pilot of him yet."

12. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    "is that legal?" "I will make it legal!"

13. HighLadyFel

HighLadyFel Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 28, 2011
    Leia: "We're in this together nerfherder. This won't be like the time you left me to deal with that unwashed vent crawler she brought home."
    Han:"Honey, that was Zekk."
    Leia: "I know who it was."

14. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    "Hey, hey, hey, take it easy with the bacta, huh?"
    "Han, he's hurt."
    "Sure, I know. But he's not dying, is he? Do you know how much that stuff costs?"

Mitth_Fisto and Sinrebirth like this.
  15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    "Are you a Yedi too Ben?"

16. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    I figure it's pretty obvious, since it's my signature, but:

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." - Lara Notsil, Solo Command

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me." - Luke Skywalker, Return of the Jedi

Pretty much anything ever by Allston.

"Hang on a minute. I'll come with you." - Mara Jade, The Last Command and Vision of the Future

"I know what you're going to say."
    "I don't think you do."
    "You're going to tell me that I screwed up. You're going to elaborate until you're certain I can't take it anymore. Then you're going to leave."
    "No. We both know that your command decisions were far afield of common sense and effective strategy. We don't even have to discuss that. What I have to know...What I have to know is this: Why did you do it?"
    "I don't know."
    "You do know. You have to know. Nobody else but you could know. Answer me."
    "I...I...Everyone is going away. They keep going away and I can't stop it. I didn't wan t you to go away."
    "I won't go anywhere."
    "Why?"
    "Why what?"
    "Why won't you go anywhere?"
    "Because I don't want to." - Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel, Rebel Dream

I actually have not read the book, but Stover's monologue on darkness and love in Revenge of the Sith is pretty amazing.

"Don't make me go Vader on you." - Wedge Antilles, Mandatory Retirement

"Listen to me, Avan Beruss, when I decide I like someone, I'm in it for the long haul. No dying allowed, me or you."
    "Listening to you, I actually believe we have a chance."
    "We do, a very good one. To get out of here, and to be together, you and me. No dying, remember that.
    "No dying. It's a pact."
    "May the Force be with you, my love." - Feylis Ardele and Avan Beruss, Mandatory Retirement

"Scut had joined the Wraiths to be like the heroes of his childhood stories and even meet them.
    Voort had been one of his heroes.
    Voort had been a hero to somebody.
    And Voort had looked Scut straight in the eye and told him he was a monster." - Voort "Piggy" saBinring, Mercy Kill

Clearly, I'm a sucker for overly emotional moments.

17. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    "Facts, exact numbers, reassurance. A Jedi seeks not these things." ~Kyp Durron, LotF: Fury (I think?)

Luke: "What's one of the first things you learned in training to be a Jedi?"
    Ben: "Don't cut your own head off with your lightsaber."
    Luke: "After that."
    Ben: "Your eyes can deceive you. Be mindful of your feelings. Girls are fun but dangerous. Lando has extra cards up his sleeve."
    Luke: "Well, the truth is in there somewhere…"
    ~FotJ: Outcast

"But...it was so artistically done." ~Thrawn, Last Command

Sinrebirth , HighLadyFel and imiller like this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    "That's one whaladon of a ship you've hooked, Kyle." Rogue Leader

Han: "Nobody move! This is a holdup!"
    Leia: "Han!"
    Han: "Oh right, my mistake. Nobody move! This is a coup!"

Nom Anor: "There are thousands of warriors out here. You are only one man!"
    Ganner Rhysode: "I am only one Jedi."
    Nom: "You're insane!"
    Ganner: "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

"You may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrick, but the Empire will always strike back. That I promise you" Gilad Pellaeon

And last but not least- "ACKBAR IS BACK"

19. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    'Nobody would ever know how close Jai had come to giving in to the Dark Side. Nobody but Maks would ever know he had resisted at the end. In a few minutes they would both be dead, and to the universe, his choice would make no difference at all. To Jai Maruk, it meant everything. For the next thirty seconds he fought more beautifully than he had in his life, and when Asajj finally cut him down, he was smiling.' - Dark Rendezvous

*wibbles*

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    But it was so artistically done. Grand Admiral Thrawn-The Last Command

21. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Fixed.

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Much better than Jacen's twisted mockery of it in Fury. Artfully done? Boo! Also no EU quotes you like thread is complete without it

Zeta1127 likes this.
  23. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    "I am a computer technician, like my father before me."--Jinzler(?) Outbound Flight. I'm paraphrasing a bit here, but the sentiment stands. Just because we cannot waive a glowing sword does not mean that we shouldn't be proud of who we are and what we've accomplished.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Just because you keep soap in the pantry doesn't make it food. Children of the Jedi

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  25. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    "That's what attachment is, isn't it? It's not loving somebody. It's not marrying somebody. It's not having kids. It's being where, if something goes wrong, there's nothing left of you."
    - Ben Skywalker

"Well, what happens if you need a diplomat who can also practice philosophy, fight with a lightsaber, and levitate small objects? Who else are you going to call but us?"
    ~ Mara Jade Skywalker

“Anyway, she's not my type. Too abrasive. And I don't like redheads.” ~Luke Skywalker

Ben: "Don't get killed, Dad. You know what it did to Fett. I don't want to end up like him."
    Luke: "Filthy rich?"

Luke: "He kept calling me 'Skywalker'. Because I don't have a title—I'm not a Senator, I'm not a general any longer, I'm not an ambassador. He used the word like an insult."
    Mara: "He could have called you 'Master'. Like I do sometimes."

Han: "New message?"
    Leia: "From Ben."
    Han: "Another letter filled with teenage talk, I assume. Girls, speeders, allowance woes-"
    Leia: "Sith"
    Han: "And Sith, of course."

Luke: “I know you find [Kyp] annoying…”
    Corran: “Annoying? Either I’m covering my feelings, or you’re being kind. If I had any talent for telekinesis at all, I’d have strangled him with his own cloak.”
    Mara: “Corran!”
    Corran: “Sorry, I suppose that would have been out of character for me-”
    Mara: “Out of character to be so obvious. You need to be more subtle. Locate a partially blocked artery in his brain, then just pinch it off. Bang, he’s down and it’s over.”

"You're good Corran, but you're no Luke Skywalker." Wedge

Mara: "Stupid, stupid. A big fat diversion—the oldest trick on the list. And I fell for it like some dumb farm kid."
    Luke: "Watch your language."

Luke: "Your feelings betray you, Ben."
    Ben: "Betray me? Do they stab me in the back, or do they just give me a swift kick in the butt?"

Obi-Wan: "Not the last of the old Jedi, Luke. The first of the new."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.