main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    I would have loved those. Oh man, historical SotS, reminds me of the days when White Wolf was still a good thing. Ancient Empire and ancient evils . . . what I loved was always how deep the THREE were, how vulnerable and how powerful they feltand how badly the loss of that power affected them. To see them in their height of power would have been gorgeous, I believe. Oh my.

And obviously sinners&Saints, the The Wire version of SotS would have been lovely. I always felt a bit more everyday might be the only thing that could make the Masterpiece it was even better.

Concerning the Mr. Milton game hard to say how it would have been, but if it had worked out it would probably have been very special once again. I mean, it sounds like an awesome "Kammerspiel".

I wonder if you ARE aware you would still have an audience for those, do you?

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I was browsing this thread over lunch and I just want to say that the above blurb really got my attention. If you ever change your mind about doing another game, I would be all over that! :D

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ditto :D

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    thirded!

5. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    So you feel it coming Fin?

FOURTHED or what that is ...

6. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    FIFTHED!

7. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    *rising from deathbed* SIXED! *collapses*

8. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay, I have a feeling I know where this is heading . . . you all got enough of these games, but do not wish to hurt my feelings. Right? :p

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Fixed! [face_batting]

HanSolo29 likes this.
  10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    How many do we need to make you consider, Fin?

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Maybe if we hound him enough, he'll give in. :p

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, serious? You´re really serious? Okay, get LordT to do it, and I´ll really give it thought if I can do this somehow. I never did a second of SotS alone. That won´t change for any future game.

If you get him, you´ll get me thinking. ;)

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Troops we have a mission, it is a dangerous one, but we must convince LordTroepfchen !

14. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Okay, I´ll give him a call. See if the old man has one more game in him . . .

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Haha! I intercepted that one . . . no Draco, he is not at home. Try later. :p

16. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    A bit late to the party but... SEVENTH-ED :D :p

17. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Had a lil Chat with LordT yesterday night. He pointed out he already said it was his favourite idea and (quote) it wont fail to happen because of my participation. I can write a few lines here and there (unquote)

So I'd say we might have a game coming :)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That sounds great! Really looking forward to it! :)

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ditto :D

20. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    LordT said he´d post personally later tonight. I respect that we always had a GM team, also people gave fin more credits as he was the "lead", but all the more I am happy we might get the original configuration back for another game!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  21. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    There aren´t many things making me want to RP nowadays. I just did it for so long, I grew a bit tired. But anything playing in Fin´s brilliant fantasy get´s my spirit into motion. Seriously, I would not wish to miss it.

The good thing about the original SotS was, it was so full of ideas, most were only hinted at and the stories behind them were still untold. He had pretty good ideas about how the world got where we entered it, but I always thought these stories would never been explored.

And of course all our characters came “on screen” so defined as if they had been played for years. I always admired that in our players, but the sorrow we actually had NOT played out those years was pretty gnawing.
    Looks like we have some players who would like to see that changed. So do I. I just always thought we´d have no players for a “boring” game like this, where apocalypse is but a shadow and humans count.

So Fin and I will meet next week and brainstorm a bit. Give us a little time. Fin is a busy man nowadays and some things will have to change. All SotS games had extensive planning before they started, so a few days we´ll need. But I am positive in one way or another . . . we shall have . . .

Sinners and Saints

Let´s face it, amybe it was too good to be over. :p

For now we will assume you plan to play your old character. If you intend to actually play a new one or had more than one character in the game, give Fin a PM, so we know what to work with.

And just for the record . . . you SINNERS are a crazy bunch of people. You drag even old men out of retirement.

HanSolo29 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    LordT? Welcome back :cool:

As for me and my CS, I shall be who I have been[face_party]

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yes, welcome back, LordT! It's great to see you! :)

Looking forward to this simply because I felt that I was brought in late to the overall story arc and I didn't have the same development time with my character as the other veteran players to the series. This is the perfect opportunity to do just that, especially since you said it will be more of a character piece. I love games like that.

24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I think Laura is a given to me. But I am not unwilling to play Sarah, too. And I'd love to have a place in those other parts of the game. By God, I want ist all! :p

25. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.