main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's MST3K! Live and In Theaters! - December 4 @ 7 PM - Santa Claus (1959)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , Jul 20, 2009.

1. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    I'm coming from Parker and Main St. It's really not that far. I get out of work about 5:15. But I imagine that Arapahoe Road may be a mess. Probably take me at least 20 min to get there.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I would take Lincoln over to 25 and up...that is just me, then your time on Arapahoe isn't that long.

3. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

Aug 20, 2010
    Actually, I was going to catch Jordan Rd and use it to cut through the back way. Lincoln is an evil evil road during rush hour. Evil I say!

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    so what are you saying? that Lincoln is evil? hehehe

i actually used to live at Jordan and Broncos parkway so i took that over to the road behind walmart etc, etc...

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Judging by the huge crowds that we encountered at the last RiffTrax, I'll be shooting for 5:45-ish.

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

you know it starts at 6 right? and it was the second showing...i'm just saying...:D

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, but it was pretty much the same thing for the last live one.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    okie dokie, i'll head straight over after work...shouldn't be TOO bad. *crossing fingers*

9. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    They're back for more hijinks and hilarity!

The stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000 are coming to movie theaters nationwide to take on the cheesy 1962 fantasy epic Jack the Giant Killer. Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett of RiffTrax invite you to join them on Wednesday, August 17th for hilarious riffing on a not-so-classic movie bursting with Vikings, giant rubber monsters and a leprechaun in a jar! This one night event will be your only chance to see the guys fire their wisecracking commentary at the Jack the Giant Killer on the big screen.

The event will be broadcast live to movie theaters nationwide on Wednesday, August 17 at 6:00pm MT. Audiences will be treated to a brand new short from the guys, as well as two original animated shorts from Rich ?Lowtax? Kyanka of Something Awful.

Movie theater audiences will receive FREE digital goodies after the event including a downloadable short, avatars and a digital photo of the guys. A URL will be revealed on-screen at which you can receive your free digital goodies after the live event.

Anybody interested in going? It's at quite a few theaters again and, if we go, we'll be going to the Westminster Promenade. Here's a list of theaters

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Funny....

ok it is playing at the usual place for the southlanders.

Greenwood Plaza 12
    8141 E ARAPAHOE RD
    ENGLEWOOD, CO 80112
    303-741-2606

11. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

Aug 20, 2010
    I'm in, I love those guys.

12. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I will be there.

13. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Tonight!

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    the south group is out! :(

15. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

Aug 20, 2010
    Frak! I really wanted to see this.... stupid, albeit lifestyle enabling, work.

16. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I'll still be buying the DVD when they release it, just like all the previous ones. :)

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    The guys from RiffTrax and Mystery Science Theater 3000 are back in select movie theaters nationwide, Thursday, October 25th, for a hilarious take on a modern classic in the pantheon of awesomely bad cinema: BIRDEMIC!!!

In 2006, filmmaker James Nguyen set out to make a homage to Alfred Hitchcock’s classic thriller, The Birds. Like The Birds, Nguyen’s film features bird attacks and was shot in the sleepy California town of Half Moon Bay. Unlike The Birds...well, pretty much everything else. Regardless of his intention, what Nguyen made is already a new cult classic of the “bad movie” canon, with a following all its own.

About RiffTrax Live
    Join Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett of RiffTrax.com on Thursday, October 25th at 8:00pm ET/ 7:00pm CT and tape delayed 7:00pm MT/ 8:00pm PT for a hilarious riff on this spine-tingling "thriller"—just in time for Halloween! This one night event will be your only chance to see the guys fire their wisecracking commentary at BIRDEMIC on the big screen

I am thinking the usual place for us folks who are south! :) what you think??

18. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Definitely have to catch this one since I missed the last two.

nnaydolem likes this.
  19. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Isn't this the movie that Matt from Austria was talking to us about? He showed me part of it...it was terrible!!

20. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I want to go! Should we pick one theater?

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Which theater are you guys considering going to? We're willing to go to one farther south.

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    nnay and Grimby, what theater are you guys considering going to? What's the word...besides "bird?"

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I think the only one down south that isn't out of the way is the Regal Greenwood Plaza 12 off I-25 and Arapahoe. Does that work?

24. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Since I work that day and get home at 6, I think I'll have to do one closer to home. Any other Northies out there?

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i thought it was playing downtown....