main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hauntings at the Hangar - 2012 Edition

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    When: Sunday October 28th 2012
    setup starts at 9:00
    event starts at 11:00

Where: Wings Over the Rockies

Expect 2-3 thousand

I need a point person

2. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    OK, here are a few updates, PLEASE NOTE TIMES!!!

SET UP STARTS AT 8 AM!!!

10:00am - 12:00 noon is for Families of Lowry (private event)
    12:00 noon - 4:00 pm event is open to the public

I still need a lead/point person for RMFF coordination....

3. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    My wife Sandy, Cory and I could help, just let us know what you need?

4. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I'm not volunteering for point because there is no way I will be there at 8:00.

nnaydolem likes this.
  5. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Ditto.

nnaydolem likes this.
  6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Do we need to place an order for give away items again? We will need candy, lots and lots of candy. This year we will need to give out smaller amounts until the end.
    Becca, can you describe more about the 'private' thing? Are we expected to have everything up and operational for those 2 hours?

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I think we should spend treasury money to buy giveaways, whether it's candy, little toys, etc.

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    How much are we thinking? I think it might be best to buy toys, do you think we can get any donations for candy or is the museum doing that? Does anyone know what companies do with bags of candy that open up in stocking the shelves? Do you think we could buy that at a discount?

Anyone have any other ideas? We usually buy the good stuff, maybe down grade to tootsie rolls?

9. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    We are expected to be up and active from 10am until 4pm, from 10-12 the event will be open only to families of lowrey, the public will be allowed in at Noon.

Also, if we want a 1/4 page flyer in the trick or treat bags that will be handed out, we need to have 3,000 printed, cut out, and delivered to Matthew Burchette no later than 10/15/2012

10. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Does anyone have access to printing or an employer that would like to help us? Kim may be able to get some done.

Kim is perusing the new oriental trading catalog. feel free to look up www.Orientaltrading.com and see if there is anything that catches your eye. Remember we want cool treats for the kids but we need to be cost effective.

Affordable candy like smarties and tootsie rolls might be good. I will call Hammonds candy to see if they maybe want to donate some hard candy.

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Perhaps we should just have our 1/4 page flyer available at the table instead of printing so many to go into the treat bags?

I'm a bit of a candy snob, I think. I'd prefer to get some quality candy, like Hershey's All time Great Mix, Mars Kids Favorites, and Skittles/Starburst Favorites. I know they're more expensive than the crap candies (IMHO) like Tootsie Rolls, Pops, Sweet Tarts, etc. Perhaps we can get a mix of high-quality and "cheaper" candies?

Do we still have a bunch of the temporary tattoos?

I'll print out the activity books. Probably not 3,000 of them, though!

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh yeah, bring the good stuffs for us :p I have no idea of what is left over from last year, if anything. I think we have a candy dish or two, we have the photo stand, and to Jabba toss. The golf course is still at WOTR, what else are we going to do? How much are we thinking of spending for toys? Are we still doing everyone donate a bag or two of candy and it not come from the general fund? It's coming up soon.....

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I think asking people to bring a bag or two of candy, isn't too much to ask. Then supplementing that with stuff from Oriental Trading Company purchased with RMFF funds.
    Perhaps the photo stand, jabba toss, golf course and our tables with candy are enough. We have to have enough people throughout the day to man those stations and those three stations is plenty.

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I don't know that we can have the photo stand at WOTR. There was an 'issue.' Becca will know if we can.

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    We need more peeps over here signing up to work this thing or we are going to be in bad shape.

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I can't guarantee anything right now, as my health is pretty much down the Sarlacc.

17. scubajedi

scubajedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2009
    No decision has been made on that weekend yet, still discussing it. But, if we do get over there we can bring a bag of some Star Wars Magnets (R2, etc) to hand out.

18. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I have a banker's box of pony beads that I will be unloading for this event. Pink, green, clear, clear AB (iridescent). Seems like there was another color in there. I'll check.

nnaydolem likes this.
  19. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    I like everyone bringing a bag or two of candy with them. Cheap stuff or not, we need candy to hand out. I plan on being there, baby strapped to chest, but I won't know what time until just before Sunday when Miho has her work sched.

nnaydolem likes this.
  20. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    So I have a plan of how to work all the areas and still have time to have some fun w/ no responsibility and I will get the details down in words in the next couple of days. I will see how we can do it with minimum people and maximum to make it work.

So with that being said, I guess I will take this on and be the point of contact for the RMFF and run the event, if everyone is ok with that. Of course I can't do this by myself so any suggestions will be appreciated.

21. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I'll know more after this Saturday when I talk to the R2 builders. If it's a go with the builders then I'll be manning that table alot. As always I'll probably do some sort of pumpkin for the RMFF table (something simple this year, I hope). I'll bring at least one bag of candy for you all, and a couple more bags for the R2 table (if we decide to have one). If we decide to have then the activity will be.... well, running our droids around! I'll be around at the event if you really need my help, but I won't be able to help with teardown (except AL and the R2 table) because I have to scare the beegeebees out of punk kids at a haunted house in Westminster with the Umbrella Corp that night.

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'll be there quite a bit. Maybe not right when they open, but early enough... We appreciate you being the point of contact. I'd be happy to help out as you need as a "sub"-point of contact, if you need. Let me know what you need and I'll do what I can.

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Completely understand and it will be great to have the R2 group there, so you are helping out :) I think I'm going to start a Facebook event and get people over here so we can talk about it. I know we are saying 2 to 3K but I wouldn't be surprised if we get 8 to 10K and would like to plan for that just in case.

I will list what I would like to purchase from OT and see if anyone has any input, I'm thinking of spending about $100, we will see.

24. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    So here is what I'm thinking and keep in mind none of this will be as awesome as it sounds, Jelly bracelets $5 for 144, thinking of getting 2 or 3 of them, Spinning tops 144 for $5, at least 2 of them, Pirate coins for decoration as well as giveaways 144 for $5, Mini Snakes and lizards 144 for $5.25 maybe 2. Fortune fish 144 for $8, x2, Transparent Spiders 144 $10, Mini poppers 144 $7 x 2 (big hit last time?), Stretchy Mini Flying Frogs & Lizards 144 $8, tattoos 72 for $3 x 4, neon teeth 144 $7 x 2, Martian fingers 72 $8 x 2.

It comes to just under $140, I have a $10 off $75 order and free shipping. Can I pull the trigger?

cyodarun and QueenHighMistress like this.
  25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Sounds like a good variety of decent stuff to me.