main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge The "We're Moving"/ Guess the Author Challenge- And the winners are...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I figured that once "Gand" showed up (it's in the damn title!), everyone would automatically know who wrote that story. :p

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Not always that simple and any one of us could have been writing about a Gand, TrakNar...

3. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I won't lie, Trak, I immediately knew that one was you. :p

Mine was very similar in characters and tone to a couple of other short drabble-esque stories I've written- enough so that I figured people would be able to figure out it was me. But upon reflection, I feel like most of the participating authors are more active in The Saga where I've never written, so perhaps that's what did my story in for guesses, lol.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Didn't think mine would be hard to guess considering I talk about him everywhere I go and have been writing him a lot lately. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Then you have me, the rookie, who's only ever written one fic on here, and that fic is in a completely different timeframe from this one by about 4,000 years and is a Diary Challenge entry (or was; I'm calling it dead), so this one is a completely different style. You would have had to track me over the the RPF and the Elite League Limmie game to get a look at my narrative writing style.

And Trak, yes, I identified yours instantly. Perhaps seeing your Zuckuss shirt at CVI helped? Or maybe your extensive work on the Zuckuss and Gand articles on Wookieepedia? Nah, I'm not really sure what tipped me off. :p

TrakNar likes this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    And the winners are...

The winner of the We're Moving challenge, for correctly guessing all of the stories is LexiLupin!
    Congratulations, you win 1 week of colors!

2nd place and winner of 72 hours of colors for correctly guessing 6 authors is Tarsier

3rd place and winner of 24 hours of colors for correctly guessing 4 authors is jcgoble3

Congrats to all the winners and thank you to everyone who participated! =D=

(Winners, you will receive a Convo very soon letting you know how to change your colors here on the new boards... just as soon as I make sure I'm giving you the ability to have colors and not breaking things . ;) )

So who wrote what??

1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo
    2. jcgoble3
    3.TrakNar
    4. LexiLupin
    5. ardavenport
    6. Tarsier
    7. DaenaBenjen42
    8. Alexis_Wingstar

Authors, please feel free to post your stories under your own name!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    [face_party]Yay Tarsier and jcgoble3! [face_party]
    This is exciting- I've never had colors before! [face_alien] Thanks, Mav and other mods!

8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I've never had colors either. I'm a little surprised I won anything here, since I'm a relative newbie here and haven't read much fanfic anywhere, certainly not enough to become intimately familiar with the TFN regulars' style and preferred characters. I relied on searching through the Prolific Author Index thread (or what Darth Truncation left of it) and otherwise just making random guesses. For the record, this was my list of guesses (correct guesses in bold):

1. Alexis_Wingstar
    2. jcgoble3 (duh :p)
    3. TrakNar
    4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo
    5. ardavenport
    6. Tarsier
    7. LexiLupin
    8. DaenaBenjen42

EDIT: My story is now up in its own thread: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...eople-–-ja-6-obi-qui-nield-one-shot.50004088/

9. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Yay! :D I've never had colors either.

The two I missed, I kept going back and forth on. So close!

Congrats to the other winners! And a big thank you to the mods for hosting and to everyone else who played! This was a lot of fun!!

10. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Well done, everyone! And... I got three right. Hee.

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Congratulations to the winners. [face_party] And a ^:)^ to LexiLupin who guessed everyone's right.

Like I predicted, I only got one right... my own. [face_tee_hee]

12. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Ultimately, I think that's what is really important here. ;):p

Looking at jcgoble's guesses, I'm wondering how many people guessed CmdrMitthrawnuruodo wrote my fic, since it had Thrawn... [face_thinking]

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
  14. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    [face_blush] thanks! I have a strange affinity for torturing Pellaeon with Thrawn's antics...

mine is here (in an existing thread of standalone drabbles): Adamant

15. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I enjoyed Pellaeon's banter and the relationship of the ships with the forums. That was really quite clever.

Here be mine: Changing of the Gand

16. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Yep, that's what got me.

17. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Well, I only got one right, my own. But I didn't really try that hard on figuring them out. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.