main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    It would be interesting if they could work together once he got there. I mean, at this point, no one really knows she's there and so it would be a surprise for the Blackfish if he gets there and BAM! "Hi, niece!"

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I want to see The Adventures of Davos and Blackfish, personally...

Miana Kenobi likes this.
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So which locations does anyone want to see in The Winds of Winter? Personally I'd like to see Casterly Rock(it's past time) and Highgarden.

4. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Definitely want to see the Rock, but I have a feeling we'll never see Higharden. I'm okay with that. Readers have always been outsiders of the Tyrells as far as the narrative is concerned, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that treatment extend to their castle.

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Just to jump back a bit, even before they were married I was a Tyrion/Sansa shipper, and I still think they would make a great couple. Now with Sansa learning from Littlefinger, well the two of them would be able to rule the whole kingdom, without people even noticing it.Then you can have Dany screaming about power all she wants, the real power would be with the people behind the throne.

6. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I'd like to see both!

Also, I'm really interested in seeing if there will be any new POV characters in Winds of Winter.

jackg1 likes this.
  7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I thought Martin had said that there would be no new POV characters, and that he might cut down on the the number of POVs as well?

8. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
  9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Pretty sure that's correct. Even GRRM realises it's time to reign the story in.

10. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    And if we want book seven to be the last he'll need to do that. If not, well he's changed the number of instalments before.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I have to admit that they had a pretty cute moment in the show when Tyrion rescued her.

RC-1991 and Handmaiden_Yane like this.
  12. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    She really did luck out with Tyrion. Of all the people the Lannisters could have stuck Sansa with, she ended up with the Giant of Lannister.

Personally, I'm a Jon/Val shipper. After all, she's perfect for him. Though the canon pairing is, of course, Frodo Jon/Sam.

Handmaiden_Yane likes this.
  13. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    I think it'd be great of Tyrion turns out to be Sansa's 'knight in shining armor'. It would be a complete 180-degree turn from what she expected a knight and a hero to be: ugly, short, and kind versus handsome, tall, and horrible.

I want to see more of Sam on his journey to be a Maester.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, Sam's plot suddenly took a turn for the interesting in AFFC.

RC-1991 and Handmaiden_Yane like this.
  15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    New GRRM interview. He has about 400 rough pages done with half fully edited. A Dance with Dragons was 1,500 rough pages but he's still shooting for 2014. A lot more interesting stuff in there, such as his view on the internet fandom.

RC-1991 likes this.
  16. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Interesting interview. If TWOW is out by the end of 2014 I will personally send Martin a case of Dornish Red.

17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    2014? I could live with that. Just hope he can live to it and beyond.

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    quiet you.

19. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    You know it to be true.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    but it's a thought that should never be spoken!

21. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    You know how Gabe Newell delays Half-Life 3 by another month every time someone makes a fat joke about him? Every time that someone doubts whether GRRM will live to finish ASOIAF, he adds another month onto the TWOW release date.

22. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    So WinterisComing.net seem to think the Red Wedding will be shot as part of Season 3, despite occurring in the second half of ASoS. This is good news in my opinion - if it wasn't in S3 then S4 would have all the big events.

23. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    If I had to guess, RW will be in the penultimate or very last episode of season 3.

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, it's a perfect climax for season 3, and enough happens after it that season 4 won't lack for material.

25. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    That's what I was anticipating. Red Wedding will either be the final or 2nd to last final of season 3 (like how Blackwater wasn't the last episode), and then the Royal Wedding will be probably the 2nd to last episode or last episode of s4.