main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Where do you rate The Clone Wars in the Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by 07jonesj, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I would

Zeta1127 likes this.
  2. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    That also made no sense...

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    AOTC is better than TCW for me, too. There's been 1600c minutes of TCW and only 120 minutes of AOTC so it's ridiculous to say that it's truly an even fight. ALso there's no Ahsoka in AOTC so that's a bonus.

DM99, GGrievous and Zeta1127 like this.
  4. Eternal_Hero

Eternal_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2012
    TCW beats AOTC for me. But I tank AOTC at the bottom of the series.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    But it does have Hayden Christensen...

DM99 and Spazmatron like this.
  6. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    And romance which is unbearable to watch

Silas Tri likes this.
  7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Hayden is not a bad actor. George Lucas is a bad director/writer. ;)

Even though the romance is cringeworthy, the dialogue is mediocre (something TCW is also guilty of), I would still watch AOTC over any episode of TCW, including Rookies. However, if someone said either watch all three seasons of SW: Clone Wars micro series or AOTC, then I would choose the former.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I've never seen any of his other films, but his acting in Star Wars is pretty bad most of the time IMO. GL's writing is responsible part of the time but not always.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It's not just the writing, it's also the directing, which is also very crucial.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't dispute that, however I still feel his acting is particularly atrocious. And I agree that TCW has moments that are every bit as bad as AOTC. I just also think cumulatively there's much more to love.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    His acting in Life as a House, and Shattered Glass, was better. But I thought he played Anakin pretty well.

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    In Star Wars he tends to do moments of strong emotion pretty well but otherwise sounds like a drone IMO.

Spazmatron likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Frankly, so does Academy Award winning-actress Natalie Portman, some of the time. Mostly in TPM, though.

14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    1. OT
    2. CW
    3. PT
    4. Holiday Special
    5. TCW

StarWarsZombie likes this.
  15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Guess I'll ask again to see if there's ever an answer...any particular reason the Holiday Special is ranked above TCW? I'm honestly curious if people like the Holiday Special or it's just a rhetorical device to express disdain for TCW. [face_thinking]

16. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Nope, I think TCW and The Holiday Special are on par. Both are not very good (IMO!) and yet they're both Star Wars.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    How much of TCW have you watched, jackg1? I think proportionately TCW wastes much less time on worthless crap than the Holiday Special.

18. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I've watched all of TCW, Tarkas. I'd say TCW gets to the action quickly, yes. However I don't think that action is always good.

19. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Hayden is a great Actor. The others are bad!

Natalie Portman dont play her role in AOTC properly. She plays like Teenager Love, but Anakins and Padmes Love is more mature and full of Lust. Anakin Skywalker is passionate guy. Padme Amidala naberrie Character is not as naiv as Portman plays her. Padme is a clever and smart Senator/politician. A Person which loves Power and always gets what she wants. Portman was playing that character totaly wrong.

20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I bet if Lucas put the Holiday Special out on DVD, it would sell out... and I wonder, would that make him hate it any less?:p

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I wouldn't think the action would have to always be good if the proportion of action to, say, disco and Sesame Street-type scenes, is so extreme and opposite. To me, the worst Jedi-swinging-lightsaber scenes of TCW are still lightyears ahead of the best disco and Sesame Street moments of THS.

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Frank Oz, Ian, Ewan, Liam, ect, are bad?

While I agree that Ewan wasn't impressive in AOTC, he was good in TPM and ROTS. Except I know that he struggled with Lucas's dialogue by watching him.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Anakin really needed to be a combo of Luke and Han, TBH.

Not going to get into a general rant about the makeup/archetypes of the characters in the PT but tl; dr version is: they're boring.

24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I actually like the Holiday Special.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You have to consider that Hayden put a ****load of effort into choreographing the lightsaber duels, at least for ROTS. So he was putting great effort somewhere, if not his acting or desire to read the awkward dialogue. Plus, look at ANH and how awkward or flat a lot of the dialogue is, mostly from Harrison Ford and Alec Guinness. That it's not as noticeable shows how great those actors are at dialogue. With Hayden, his skills are more action-oriented. If he works with a good director/screenwriter, then he can appear at least halfway decent, and we all know Lucas is all about flash and visuals. He can write an amazing story, but he can't do character interaction very well, and therefore the actors have to rely wholly upon themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.