main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Action packed way to kick off the season. Kenobi looked awesome kicking their tails.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I can't wait for the episode guide to clarify the canonical status of Obsession.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hondo and the rest of the Pirates chasing Maul and Savage was pretty epic

4. CoraxRD

CoraxRD Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2012
    For those wondering you can find the section on Canon and Continuity from the ERC here. Basically unless a Canon source, PT, OT or TCW directly effect something from the EU it can reliably be said that the event took place. The way I read the passage is that instead of multiple sources of Canon it's just Canon, George's stuff, and Continuity, everything else.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    To be fair, with every new season there comes a new wave of people freshly hurt about TCW's habit of 're-establishing' canon, after folks have witnessed four years of it happening.

I mean, look, whether we like his explaination or not, it's been addressed by Filoni. He has filled us in on George's opinion re. TCW and continuity. We know it will happen, and again, whether we dig it or we don't, Lucas has every right to do with his franchise as he pleases. I'm sorry to see some of my favourite stories from the past fall by the wayside (as far as canon is concerned, anyway), but it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them all the same. In the end, at the very foundation of it all, I want GL's vision of Star Wars. Everybody is free to disagree, of course, and venting about a particular decision we may disagree with is one thing, but the reality is that, as far as official canon (for whatever it's worth) is concerned, there are the six films with their corresponding novels, TCW (if it ever does get off the ground, the live action television production will be added to this list), and then there is everything else.

Nobody says we as an audience need to agree with this vision of things, but I feel the time for being caught off-guard by these events has long since passed, and by extension, my appreciation for any sense of uproar has gone with it. Call me a Lucas apologist if you must.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    All that said, I was glued to the screeen. Obi-Wan was terrific. Hondo, too. I felt sad when we lost another beloved Jedi, but I thoroughly enjoyed Kenobi's measure of justice. As I have stayed spoiler free (save for the trailers), I knew Savage would lose an arm at some point, but I had no idea it would be thanks to Obi-Wan. Oh, the green mist from the brothers' wounds was a nice touch, too.

I'm so used to Friday evening viewings that I did notice a difference in a morning airing, somehow, and I missed the usual one-hour season premier, but by the looks of things, next week will kick off events on Onderon that are unrelated to today's adventure, so I get it.

I eagerly await next week's episode.

6. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I love you for that image.

Seriously the best thing about it is that it did nothing to up their threat level because nobody gave a damn about Adi. She's appeared in one other episode where she had a minor role, and in this episode she had maybe two quips of expository dialogue. Was my heart supposed to skip a beat when random characterless jedi #2034 died? She was a would-be character and if they'd fleshed her out more I wouldn't have a problem with it, but instead it was just a really lazy move. Gosh... the sooner Maul is taken care of the happier I'll be.

7. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    The Zabraks' defeat was not nearly as pronounced as I feared it may have been. At best, it was a stalemate; technically Maul got in the last hit. It's also good to see how powerful he's become with the Force, dragging that starship across the plateau.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree with this post and there wasn't a one hour season premier, it was only one episode

9. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Maul and Savage got creamed.
    Now where is A War On Two Fronts preview.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I'm now, way more satisfied that Adi died at the hands of force user, than the psuedo-threat called grievous. Shame Obsession has to take the hit, but its obvious they really don't care about some of the comics.

11. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    IMO, the Zabraks lost.

They lost their army of pirates, money, ship, limbs, and they lost against Kenobi. All they got was they killed Gallia and they crashed the Jedi's ship.

Kenobi didn't get beaten like a rag doll even.

12. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Sure, but you could say the same thing about Obi-Wan. He came there to crush the Sith once and for all and they escaped; Maul and Savage may have suffered injuries, but Team Kenobi suffered casualties. ;)

LongLiveCloneWars likes this.
  13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, I thought they got whipped pretty good.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Again, if two lightsabers are just hands down better than one, then why doesn't everyone carry two? It's like Adi dies and Obi-Wan thinks to himself "oh, you so should not have done that, because now I have TWO lightsabers!!!"

15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Good episode. Hondo, Obi-Wan, the Maul Brothers, it all fit nicely. The animation and character models seem to be getting better and more diverse. I trust the Obi fans are pleased.

Quibbles: Adi's presence seemed pointless, but I guess they just wanted to give the Maul Brothers some credit in the episode. There wasn't even any explanation for why Adi was with Obi-Wan. Won't people be thinking "Where's Ventress?"

And is it me, or did Palpatine's line "They're just petty crooks" sound like Tim Curry?

16. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Nah, that will happen a little later in the season. Obi-Wan held his own, but was ultimately no match, which is why Maul gave him a proper Force pimpsmack across the room. It'll take a bigger gun than Obi-Wan Kenobi to take down these two simultaneously.

17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Hey, if you're facing a 300lb muscle man with a double bladed lightsaber, and a guy who you cut in half and still survived, you'd want two also.

He just took advantage of the opportunity. Not like Gallia was going to need it :p

Togruta likes this.
  18. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    R.I.P Adi Gallia:_|

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I honestly cannot buy this laughable comment, sorry. You should elaborate more than throwing cheap shots at the fans and Obsession.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think he means laughable on TCW

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Why is it a cheap-shot to say a Jedi Master like Adi Gallia dying at the hands of a Force-user is much more satisfying than her dying at the hands of a robot with spinny arms? If you disagree, you can state why, the assertion is not without explanation.

ArrogantJedi and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    GG - what about the pact? You gotta watch!!

23. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
  24. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Didn't care for this episode, but the next one looks good.

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Dark Lord Tarkas Sorry, but after reading most of his posts lately, they seem to be nothing more than throwing cheap shots at us or taking side with those that have positive comments. I would really like to see an explanation from him regarding Adi.

Garth Maul I have plans to watch it probably next week. :p