main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The explanation is in the post - Grievous is a pseudo-threat, not a Force-user. What's the explanation for finding that notion laughable?

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Like I said, I am waiting for him. I would question the way he posts now, but not here. This entire forum feels off.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Well I fully agree with his comment, so if you're going to call out the assertion of that opinion as part of the public discussion in this thread, you could at least explain why.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I love this episode. HONDO was so awesome! HONDO FOR THE WIN! The animation is better than ever...
    It was fantastic how Hondo held his own and drove Maul away. Maul's arrogance and annoyance got him a defeat and humiliation.
    And the reference to Grievous was nice for a CIS fan like myself.

PS: Still do not get the reason why it is such a big deal that this Snaggletooth appeared.

Indeed. The green smoke was cool how it came out from everything that was infused with magic by Talzin.

5. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Been busy with school, hopefully I will get to watch it soon.

Nice to see a positive response by most viewers.

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Of course you would agree. ;)

Anyway, I won't be replying to anymore of your comments regarding this. I miss the old LACWAC.

InherentConflict and Esg like this.
  7. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    What Grievous reference, did I miss something?

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Why do you not agree that it's much more respectable character-wise and satisfying entertainment-wise for a member of the Jedi Council to be killed by a Force-user rather than a robot with spinny arms? Just talking Star Wars here... [face_dunno]

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Only thing I liked about the episode was Palpatine's evil grin at the end.

[​IMG]

10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    If I hear the words "spinny arms" one more time.. o__o

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Not my fault that's the most the character has going for him...

12. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    Why hasn't SW.com updated the Episode Guide? How long will we have to wait until that happens? Until Monday or Tuesday? That's really ridiculous ... I repeat myself again. That new hour for broadcasting has been a terrible decision.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    IIRC, the episode guide was a nightmare for most o last season too

14. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    True, but it at least it did contain some names that came with the screenshots and concepts.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I believe that you're thinking about the 08-2011 version of SW.com, the other crap version.

16. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Oh good finally something new to talk about at last.

So, just finished watching it myself. It had it's strengths and it's weaknesses. Savage has a lot to learn about being a Sith, evidently. Material wealth is only of interest to a true Sith if it advances his personal cause. it was good to see Maul take the upper hand and bring Savage in line. the differences between their two personalities was made very clear and it was good to see Maul in the role of the disciplined Master and Savage as the wild apprentice. I don't suspect they'll live long enough to full flesh out these roles, of course, but I do love watching a Sith Master and Apprentice interact, no matter who they are.

Hondo was...well, hell, he's Hondo. He's always a pleasure to watch no matter what he's doing. Frankly I think he's one of the best parts of TCW. Look forward to seeing much, much more of him. In fact I say give this man his own spin off series!

The series has been getting darker for some time. For me personally it started when I was so dead sure Aurra Sing was going to murder those cadets at the end of Death Trap. She didn't but that was warning enough of what was to come. I think the most gruesome part of the episode had to be Savage losing his arm. Right on screen too. Impressive.

While I sympathize with those who are immersed in the EU, I personally, am not, so I had no problems with the death of Adi Gallia. Even if I was so immersed, I take what I want and leave the rest. By itself, It was a particularly dark scene as well and I think added to the seriousness of the story.

The one thing that really broke the episode for me, though, was the last scene where the Jedi are speaking with Palpatine. In fact I'm surprised no one else mentioned this. At least in the episode I saw, there's a point where Palpatine delivers a line of dialog "They're just petty crooks." And I swear that's not Ian Abercrombie. Just for that one line of dialog. It's like they needed to put that extra line in, but needed to get someone else to record it since Ian obviously had passed away by that point. The funny thing is, the tone sounds like I should know who that is because they sound familiar, but I can't quite place him.

In any case, though, the difference between our mystery speaker and Ian was so jarring, it kind of threw the scene off for me. Still, the last shot of an evilly grinning Palpatine made up for it. I'm eager to see how he deals with this unique situation.

Till next week folks.

17. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Why did one of the Weequays sound like a neimoidian?

fistofan1 likes this.
  18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    My personal reaction to the episode

[​IMG]

19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    SenatorKelberry

I heard that too, my TV was messing up so I thought that was the reason. I'll have to watch the episode again, but the voice sounded very familer to me also.

20. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He's a pseudo threat because TCW depicts him as such. Not that he's incapable of being one

21. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Fun episode, much better then season 4 opener

Highlights
    -Why couldn't the B1 battle droids look like the droids in the opening, those actually look like a threat.
    -Nice to see the return of Obi-Wan as a badass
    -Hondo was fantastic, he is truly one of the best characters to come out of this show
    -Adi's death was well done......but they could have used Eeth Koth and there wouldn't be much of a difference.
    -SenatorKelberry is right about Palpatine's voice, that line really does sound out of place and takes you right out of the scene for a moment......granted that chilling stare by Palpatine makes up for it.

Overall, it was a good opener, much stronger then season 4's opener, and perhaps season 3.

8/10

SenatorKelberry likes this.
  22. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Cause Geonosians make their droids to look like them.

23. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
  24. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Grievous accomplished what that clutz Savage couldn't.

25. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Just watched it online and all I can say is Wow. That is already in my top five favourite Clone Wars episodes if not the first. The animation was so unbelievably amazing and when Adi died (I already knew she would) I was so shocked and the way they handled it was so good. I thought the end was very strange, that line by Palpatine did not sound right atall. But I'd have to give this episode a 10/10 for sure!:D

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.