main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Master Di dies again?

[​IMG]

2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    So Hondo acquired all the weapons from Maul and Savage, and...

and then delivers them to Ahsoka, when she's on Onderon? (I'm going by info from the S5 trailer dialogue)

"I have brought you a gift."
    "Rocket launchers?"
    "Very expensive..."
    "Paid for?"
    "Very handsomely."

Hahaha, if only Maul knew what his efforts paid for...

Edit: I'm suddenly remembering talk of Dooku taking revenge on Hondo. Is that what the reference to Grievous was about?

3. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi I'm new I have been observing and reading post on these forums for quite some now. Watched the the episode today and loved it I agree it has become darker as we get closer to ROTS. The best parts were lightsaber duel between obi wan vs darth maul and Adi Galla vs Savage Oppress, the second lightsaber between Obi-wan versus Darth Maul and Savage, scenes with Hondo in it, Savage leg snapping and arm cutoff as well as Darth maul robot leg being shot off, and finally the final scene with Palpatine smiling evil. I'm quite glad I bought the season pass for on this iTunes.

4. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011
    I quite enjoyed this episode, much better than Season Four's premiere IMO.

Highlights:
    -Thank God the obscene usage of 'brother' seems to have finally ended. xD
    -Hondo was fabulous, he had some great one liners this episode. "Insolence? We're pirates, we don't even know the meaning of that word!" I also like his and Obi-Wan's little friendship that they have.
    -I liked that Obi-Wan was very bothered about Adi's death. and Savage using his horns to kill her was a nice touch.
    -There were some great uses of the Force this episode, such as Maul using it to lift Obi-Wan up, and crashing the Jedi cruiser.
    -I-The last fight with Obi-Wan, Savage and Maul was fantastic. Nice to see that Maul actually seemed to care when Savage's arm was chopped off.
    -Palpatine was only in this episode for about 1 minute, but he was great.
    -

5. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    As much as I dislike Maul returning this was awesome episode, visually and story-wise. It was a good idea to premier with this one instead of having it right before the Maul/Death Watch arc.

Just in case this constitutes spoilers:
    A lot of obi-wan's two saber moves looked like sidious' in the trailer especially one kick to maul. Hope that fight won't be repetitive.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  6. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    My personal highlight of the episode: They mentioned Sertar sector! And they got it RIGHT! I had to check the Wook, because I was sure they just put Florrum in some freshly-invented sector, but whatdoyouknow! ;)

A massive TAKE THAT to all people who insist that EU is not canon. Or that it is a separate canon, different from movies and TCW. Whatever, you freaky weirdos. The Awesome Atlas is once again victorious on all fronts! The only thing cooler than that was "Darkness on Umbara" opening with "War in the Expansion Region!" ^:)^

Oh, regarding poor Adi's status. She obviously isn't dead yet. First and foremost, we Never Saw The Body, for Father's sake! It's like already an almost guaranteed survival all by itself. We didn't even see the final blow struck her body either - and don't cite censorship for that, the show had show us plenty of lightsaber stabs to the chests, including one in this very episode. The only reason for not showing us that was because it subtly hints to her survival. She either faked her death for the time and went undercover (like Obi-Wan did like 10 episodes ago) or was left on the battlefield, until she was able to recover herself (like a certain Jedi Master with conical straw hat). In either case, I see no real unsolvable problem here.

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    The post was self-explanatory, as noted by Tarkas. My position on the forceless droid moron has not and will not ever change. Since the 3SA I have railed that a Padawan could take him out and that isn't a cheap shot at Obsession or fans. G.Walton is the one to blame for creating such a lame villain...

8. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I noticed too..

9. Darth__Syphilis

Darth__Syphilis Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2010
    That was about as mediocre as I've come to expect, and Adi's death was a clear and massive FU to the EU fans. Honestly, there's a gigantic list of unused Jedi that could have taken her place, and the writers have no problem creating new ones. They didn't even bother to mention her in the council scene at the end. Ridiculous.

They've made me choose between TCW and Obsession, and I choose Obsession. It's much better written.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    While I'm not yet totally ok with Maul being alive.... I still liked the episode.
    Weequay pirates- LOL guaranteed TCW.:p

+New models for weequay pirates- that's really welcome since they obviously want to use them a lot. I was so sick of those old models they used over and over again:oops: .
    +Hondo is back. With a new model even.
    +Severed limb! This show needs more of those.[face_devil]
    +It's good that Maul gets rid of those Grievous-like legs. Talzin apparently copied the design anyway:p
    +More use of the Force in duels.
    +Episode was neither boring nor rushed. After all a pretty nice start for a new season.

-Adi's death was bit unneeded retcon- and she died too much like some redshirt jedi would've (like poor Finn Ertay in newsreel clip). Grievous should've killed her when he had a chance in Nomad Droids (why he saved her life anyway?)- I already knew they are gonna do this retcon, but I think they should've introduced Stass Allie before killing off Adi. Now many viewers who are not well acquainted with SW-universe will get very confused.[face_hypnotized] Stass may actually appear this season since there were leaked picture of Commander Neyo- animation model[face_thinking] .
    -While Hondo was nice to see again he is becoming overused character (along with Embo). He is also in that upcoming Onderon-arc and that Young Jedi -thing (that apparently takes place before this episode)
    -Who really needed a cameo of Zutton anyway?.... Shoehorning totally pointless OT-characters is just pathetic. What next? Max Rebo and his cutthroat band of Weequay pirates?

They should've made him a new snivvian character instead.

They should have Dodonna or someone who makes more sense than random snivvian in the corner of the cantina.

Having magic-mist coming from Talzin's handiwork was bit funny yet kinda cool at the same time-
    Apparently Dathomiri magic is not blaster proof:p .

I guess TCW also needs Master Bates[face_laugh]

11. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Where is the leaked pic of Commander Neyo?

12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Very well done, makes "Water War"/"Gungan Attack" look even more pathetic as a season opener...

+Hondo, my respect for him has skyrocketed; his standing up Maul/Savage = excellent, as was his "Oh, and leave you alone with those two crazies? Okay." to Obi-Wan was brilliant
    +For the green mist from the injuries
    +Adi's death was well done and quite dark for a show like this
    +Obi-Wan was a supreme BADASS
    +Palpatine's grin at the end was very well done
    +Pirate battle was good
    +Nice touch about the Republic losing the battle for Florrum (why couldn't they have shown that...?)

-The "They are just petty crooks" sounded quite out of place
    -Lack of sufficient closure for Adi's death

Overall, a 9/10, definitely one of the stronger opening episodes IMHO

SithStarSlayer and TreborSabreon like this.
  13. Master_Fwiffo

Master_Fwiffo Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2001
    So yep, they killed a comic.

But since I'm so utterly behind on the EU, I didn't mind it's Canon Calamity and straight-up enjoyed the episode. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Maul and Savage add a much needed dynamic. And Hondo, an amazing character who's always been stuck in sub-par episodes, finally gets a kick-ass episode to star in. Woo hoo.

Good start to the season thusfar, much better than the Fish-Head Drek that started last season. A pity about the timeslot though.

14. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't understand why until now, Palpatine still did nothing?

15. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I'll tell you one thing that I noticed: there are multiple instances in this episode of characters confusing the Sith brothers with Jedi, and having to be corrected. It hints to me that the general public really doesn't understand the difference between the Sith and the Jedi, and may not even be aware that there is a difference at all - either way they're just people with special powers who wield laser swords, "maniacs" generally running around doing as they please. What do you think this points to?

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, he shouldn't do that when the door was open and the Jedi just left.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It was on Facebook- ask DanGrievous- he linked that page I think.

Perhaps she is just another cousin of Gallia:p

Well.... Jedi seem to die twice nowadays:p- no continuity problem with Adi anymore[face_laugh]

18. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011
    Another two things I liked were Obi-Wan being so close to killing Savage after Adi's death, and him being a bit moody at the end of the episode aha.

19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I really don't like TCW let Palpatine show his evil grin so many times, even when the Jedi were near his office.

20. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    Anybody's got an idea who Sabo might be? He's not the Snivvian, since he's mentioned as the 'warehouse supervisor' in the credits. Could he be the pirate Lieutenant that doubts Maul's offer?

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Snivvian is named Zutton. He is in ANH- sitting in the cantina (he don't seem to recognise Obi-Wan though. Sabo is probably some of those weequays. Jiro was the one commanding the ship so he is probably one who was killed by Maul.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I understand. What I should have said was that I missed not having the usual one-hour premier we've come to expect (as opposed to the 1/2 hour episode we were given). Thanks for the note, Darth Vader. I should have been more clear there.

Senator Kelberry, I agree with what you said about Palpatine's speech, and I too thought that one of the lines of dialog sounded queer. Could it have come from another beloved Ian?

Ahhhh... dare to dream

23. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    Why should he be Zutton? Because he looks like Kenner's Blue Snaggletooth that doesn't look like Zutton at all? He could certainly be Zutton, but it needs to be confirmed first. If you follow that path, every Rodian in the classic trilogy would be named Greedo.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Eternal_Hero

Eternal_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2012
    Overall I loved this episode. Two complaints:

1. No explanation for why Adi is with Obi
    2. No funeral for Adi

It was a good death tho. Is it me or did they seriously age her down for the show?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080126123822/starwars/images/b/ba/AdiGallia.jpg

Apart from that, it was a good little story with a lot of unexpected turns.

There's a nice parallel between the Maul/Savage and Obi/Ani relationships.

1. Ani thinks of Obi as a 'father', Obi thinks of Ani as a 'brother'. Savage thinks of Maul as a 'brother', Maul only sees Savage as an Apprentice.
    2. Obi is the focused, calm planner of the duo, as Maul is to Savage; Ani is the hot-headed one with less self control, ditto Maul and Savage.
    3. Just as Obi has a hard time reigning in Ani, Maul has difficulty in containing Savage.

Did anyone else notice the 'green mist' from Dathomir pouring from Savage's wound? I wonder what that means? I also like how Savage, less experienced in Sith history and lore, made the mistake of thinking that power can be shared among Sith; I also like that GL kept the "Rule of Two" in place.

There's also a nice quartet of mechanically augmented warriors fighting each other: Ani, Grevious, Maul and soon Savage. It has a nice 'ring' to it. I hope it gets exploited or explored! Also Palps at the end: priceless.

My biggest gripe is that Maul makes a leap much like Lando between ESB & ROTJ. I would've liked to have seen that process played out. I don't mind the magic but there was room for a dramatic journey that went unused.

I noticed the "off" line from Palps: sounds like they needed something inserted after Abercrombie passed.

Overall I'd give it a solid 3 out of 5.

25. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't follow the EU all that much so I'm not bothered by some of the things I'm seing in the TCW. I guess the only thing that got me was Adi's death. They took another accomplishment away from Grievous there. But I will remain hopefull that this mistreatment of GG will come to an end soon.

As far as the episode is concerned I give it a 9/10

Obiwan fought about as good as I've seen him fight. I didn't think he would be able to take on Savage and Maul alone considering he's struggled against them before. I didn't care for the choice of Jedi, but Adi's death was good as well, I would of been mad if Adi could take on Savage. If Ventress can't take on him, Adi better not make it alive. Glad they took care of business there.

Also loved that Maul and Savage seem to care about eachother. They are no master and apprentice, they are brothers. Maul may act like he doesn't care, but you saw how he reacted when Savage got his arm cut off, he had mini force rage there. Another good touch of humanity.

Hondo..what can you say about the guy. He gets the award of best supporting actor, the dude is amazing.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.