main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Master_Fwiffo

Master_Fwiffo Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2001
    He probably wouldn't recognize Obi-Wan in ANH - it's been 16 years, he met him for all of 10 minutes, and Obi-Wan is played by a different actor. :p

A very minor cameo like that is the kind I enjoy.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I thought it was confirmed. If it wasn't then it's better if he is not Zutton.

3. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    If Zutton was confirmed, then it must have been in 'Shadow Conspiracy', but I haven't seen his name show up on SW.com yet

4. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Another nice touch nobody is talking about was the larger scale battle between the pirates. Finally this looked more like a battle!!

Anybody else super annoyed at how the show makes it seem like Planets can be over taken by a handfull of soldiers. This is a planet we're talking about here, and the entire population looks like a small settlement made up of 20-30 people. It's kind of hard to get involved in a fight that invloves very few people. And then you want to force feed me the notion that this battle will decide the fate of a civilization or a potential planetary wipe out. I'm not buying it, that is ridiculous to say the least.

5. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Florrum's original inhabitants look more like this. Fol all we know, the pirate outpost is like the only point of interest in the system anyway.

6. LongLiveCloneWars

LongLiveCloneWars Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2012
    yipers..

7. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Lots of positive reviews. wow.

For me the best part of the episode was

"Insolence? We're pirates! We don't even know what that word means!!!!!"

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Watching the ending scene again. That one line from Palpatine is definitely not Abercombie- it sounds quite horrifying really when his voice suddenly changes:oops: First I thought that there were some problem with my speakers....

Paparazzo likes this.
  9. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    At the episode premiere at CVI, aside from the limb loss, that line scored the biggest applause and a huge laugh! Great line, so happy to see Hondo back!

Spazmatron and Random Comments like this.
  10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    That kinda reminds me of Barbossa's line in Pirates of the Caribbean 1: "There are a lot of long words in there, Miss; we're naught but humble pirates."

11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    good things with the episode
    1.good dialogue
    2. Looks like Palpatine is changing actor :)
    3.Hondo is awesome
    4.Good fights
    5.Pilf mukmuk :):):)

Bad stuff
    1.Darth maul is STILL alive[face_frustrated]
    2.Obsession is non-canon =((
    3.Yoda new model ( it looks so weird [face_sick] )

12. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Yeah Yoda looks like he took a shower then had his hair blasted back by a blow dryer.

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I liked the new Yoda model, the hair isn't so destracting, the ears are shorter and the eyes seem somewhat shorter also. Palpatine also got a new model + he was wearing what he wore in Revenge of the Sith on the Invisible Hand.

14. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    Wow. I'm normally on the positive end for this stuff, but I find myself frustrated with this episode.

I guess I'll do the plus minus thing because that seems customary.

+Hondo all the way. Stole the show.
    +I enjoyed Maul and Savage in this episode. Both are growing as characters and its neat.
    +Neat battle sequences
    +The Nightsister mist was a neat touch
    +Great Lightsaber duels
    +Palpatine scene at the end
    +Animation in general

-Adi Gallia's death seemed unnecessary and lacked any sort of weight
    -The pacing on this one was all over the place.The whole thing felt rushed and sloppy at times. I was just so turned off by it.

I'd give it a high 7 or a low 8 out of ten. A B on my letter scale

15. DaRonin

DaRonin Jedi Master star 1

Jan 3, 2005
    The Marvel Comics weren't considered canonical until legacy of the force. Neither was Dark Forces until NJO. And yes, nothing in the trek novels is considered canonical. Doesn't there aren't some really great stories in all of them, no matter what the legal beagals say. Its still fun to read em.

As for dual wielding. My understanding of the style is that its highly offensive, and it takes a pretty skilled jedi to be able to wield those well without hurting themselves. Lightsabres, unlike a real sword, are often written as being weightless. Which is why you need a jedi's sense of predetermination to use them in a fight without hurting yourself. Wielding two, well you're just as likely to hurt yourself as your opponent unless you really know what you are doing. . At least, thats how I understand how it works.

16. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    -I don't know why they keep bringing up this "personal" nonsense. Last season Windu said Maul's capture was of utmost importance to find out who was THE SITH HE WAS WORKING FOR.

-"Hey guys, I just sat down, steepled my fingers and smiled! I'm EVIL, get it?!"

Random Comments and Esg like this.
  17. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    The Gallia death scene came really fast, though.

18. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It's almost as annoying as everytime Anakin does something bad, they have to blast the Imperial March.

19. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Hmm, interesting. I was looking at the newsreel and it seems the youngling Jedi Finn whatever is with what seems to be Ima-Gun Di. Guess people can come alive afterall.

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    A thoroughly good opener. Enjoyable start to the series.

The animation has improved, the lightsaber battles are done faster, the plot did seem a tiny bit rushed however for me it was a pretty good start to the season. Hopefully this will be the start of a brilliant season. Roll on next week!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  21. Eternal_Hero

Eternal_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2012
    Yoda doesn't say "Forget about it, it's not important" he says:

1. You might be right but...
    2. We've just gotten blocked by the Chancellor for additional Republic support to continue the investigation;
    3. Maul killed your Master, whether you realize it or not, it is a personal matter for you. There is a possibility that this is clouding your judgment. (This is probably a respectful way of suggesting that Obi meditate on the matter before rushing to further action or letting it distract him from the main order of business: ending/winning the war.)
    4. If Maul is alive, he'll come after you again, so pouring resources into digging him up might be unnecessary and wasteful;
    5. If he is alive and he does come after you, the Jedi Order will act swiftly.

That's pretty clear.

22. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    So it's either "wasting" additional resources on finding him now when he's wounded and isolated or wasting even more resources when he's fresh and rested again with an entire army at his back.

Esg likes this.
  23. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    ^Except he's not isolated.

The Jedi have no idea where he is at the moment. The fact of the matter is, it's a lose lose scenario. They could pour resources into looking for Maul, but that may end up being a wild galaxy wide goose chase, or, as Palpatine suggests, they could focus on the war they are already fighting.

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    A good episode, but not as good as I was hoping for. I liked seeing Hondo again, the dialogue, and the green smoke coming out of Savage's arm and Maul's metallic leg was a nice thouch. I guess it could use 8/10 more minutes (if not another episode), because it felt too fast paced.

One small detail that always irks me (and it's not just from this episode) is the laser colours. Every time a rogue character happens to be fighting/allied to the "good guys", the laser fire turns blue (and vice versa)...

P.S: I noticed that Palpatine line with a different voice, but I'm still not sure if it really is from the new actor, or if it was said with a different tone. Lets hope it's the latter.

25. Eternal_Hero

Eternal_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2012
    Yoda said it not me :p