main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The lightsaber battle was epic!

Eternal_Hero and Paparazzo like this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think "Revival" was the best season premier TCW has had. That was a damn good episodes. The voice work was awesome. The pacing was right. It had decent dialog. The fight scenes were good. This episode was dark in a good way. I think Talzin's mist was basically like green blood. It was emotional and just well put together. I enjoyed it. I agree Maul and Savage bring a dynamic TCW has been missing, that of the credible villian.

I liked how this episode built up the personal conflict between Obi-wan and Maul, this guy who Ob-wan couldn't kill when he cut him in half. Maul and Savage have been killing a lot of people including Jedi, then Savage manages to brutally kill Adi Gallia (or Maybe just brutally injured?).I just know Obi-wan thought back when Adi Gallia pull his and Cody's asses out of being sucked into space in "Grievous Intrigue". That's why he picked up Adi's lightsaber. I agree with what was said earlier. She doesn't need to anymore. Savage is like Goliath from Gargoyles with no wings, no brain, and a lightstaff and then Maul is a half robot maniac. Add to that Obi-wan lost his usual cool and wanted to beat both their asses into the ground. Thus Yoda remarks about letting it go for now until they resurface. I'm also impressed with the internal continuity and the fact that as was already mentioned Hondo is going to later take the weapons he aquired from sacking Maul's crashed stolen ship to Ahsoka on Onderon. Its cool to see TCW being more retroactive with that.

Obi-wan was top notch this episode, he was no ragdoll in this episode, he really kicked ass and was more than competent. Hondo was cool as ever. The pirates were all interesting. Savage is still pretty boring but Maul's cleverness and arrogance make him cool. Then Palpatine seems particularly sinister at the end of this one, it was sureal when they were talking about Siths to him. I do believe there was a line in there that was dubbed in by Tim Curry. I'm gonna check the credits extra hard for him and the voices of the pirates.

Anyways, glad to have you back TCW, look forward to more good stuff to come!

3. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Excellent episode and definitely the best premiere Clone Wars has had. Hondo absolutely stole the show and I look forward to his appearance in the forthcoming arc. About the re-dubbed dialogue; it definitely isn't Abercrombie. Personally I think the scene would've worked better if the "They're just petty crooks" had been completely omitted.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Well, here we go:

Strength of Character can defeat Strength in Numbers. Okay, an average fortune cookie. Not as horrendous as A Friend in Need's.

Maul and Savage continue their attacks across the outer rim, or is it just that same restaurant again? It honestly looked like the refueling station from Brothers where Savage wandered around punching waitresses. Would be kind of funny actually. "A WAVE OF DESTRUCTION, ACROSS DANNY'S DINER! HORROR IN THE OUTER RIM!"

Interesting Security Droid Model, sounds like a Decepticon.

And enter Maul, complete with overwrought chanting music that reminds me how much better John Williams is than Kiner's hack scoring capabilities.

Statement: If I see one more idiot attack a jedi with a blaster pistol, I will kill them myself

Savage takes out his frustration the only way he can, by smashing stuff and grunting. Riveting. Am I supposed to be intimidated by these guys for killing a bunch of moronic droids?

Oh goody, Witwer still sounding like hes about to burst into tears when he speaks. I'd almost forgotten. Dammit

Hold on a second. Why would you attack a ship to gain credits to fund an attack without first knowing how your attack will go? Oh right, so we can get villain "revenge best served cold" monologues

Savage, I'm with maul on this one. You're an idiot and you had that coming.

Oh hey, Jim Cummings shows up as a pig dude, and actually puts some effort into his role. That's a nice change

Two crabbiest Zabraks this side of the Hydian. So, two EU references in one sentence. Don't waste this goodwill episode

Aww, Maul and Randy traded out their Warhound Titan for a flying Anvil.

.... And ended up flying into a recreation of Mars Attacks! being cosplayed by Weequay

Back to terrible voice acting. I hoped Jim cummings could save it, but then I remembered that TCW uses Matt Lanter and Taylor for crappy extras work as well

Credit where credit is due. The shot of Maul and Randy stalking around the shadows with the light reflecting off them looked fantastic

Oh god, Lanter, you cannot due an australian accent.

I take it back. Tom Kane is worse. He sounds like the japanese from Shogun 2. SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

Thank God for Hondo. This episode needed someone putting effort into is.

Dear god, what is up with the voice acting this episode!? Terrible Aussie Lanter, Shamefur Japanese Tom Kane, and now this guy who sounds like he just inhaled sulfur hexafloride

Oh hey, apparently Grievous did something. He trashed a pirate base. And we never saw it. Because it was too important to see poisoned tea probably

These horned men showed up, and were horn headed maniacs! How horny were they, Hondo? You like being redundant it seems

Jeez, now I know where the budget went. Hondo is more animated in thirty seconds than the entirety of season 1.

I want to strangle whoever wrote this script. "Those traitors are no longer my men!"
    [​IMG]

They can animate Hondo's cloak to billow like true cloth, yet they all still have the same running cycle that looks just as bad as it did in 2008

Obi Wan says what all the critics have been thinking. You bring a Sith back from the dead, only to have him run around with a bunch of pirates. Yeah, this is definitely what we were missing out on when he got SLICED IN HALF AND THROWN DOWN A REACTOR SHAFT

God I hate the music in this show

And back to the pirates.... just standing there walking slowly towards each other while shooting

So, Maul's plot was for revenge against Kenobi. And he has plans for Kenobi. So he wants to kill Kenobi for getting in the way of his plans.... For Kenobi. I think I need another meme
    http://oh****wereparents.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/jackie_chan.png?w=300&h=184

And, there goes Obsession. So much for Jim Cummings contribution episode, you're back in my bad books

You know, for a master of Form III, Kenobi sure does like to continue using the Ataru form that got his master killed. Oh, and dual lightsabers have now been officially overused

Never change Hondo. You make me wonder if Jim Cummings just gets to ad lib his scenes.

So, we get a whole spiel about how Hondo will ambush his traitors with a giant gun, see the gun get pulled out. And then we never get to see it fire. Right. Instead we get to juxtapose more of that horrendous Aussie Weequay with a semi decent fight scene. Because I want to heave my ears grated at all times

The scene ends just in time to let us witness ole' Glass Jaw Kenobi about to get his ass kicked again.

Wait wait wait. So the three dozen kicks to the knee earlier by Kenobi and Adi just bounce off Randy, but now one kick breaks his damn leg? And then he loses his arm for his troubles.

Yep, a reeeaal threat to the galaxy them Zabrak brothers. Getting their asses handed to them by a bunch of pirates

Maul loses a leg, Witwer loses a testicle as he screams

This is the second time that Maul and Randy have been left drifting in outer space. I wonder if Maul realizes that Escape pods are not, in fact, starships, but emergency vehicles that drop into a planet's gravitational pull? Because getting into an escape pod seems like it would just put you back where you do not want to be at the moment.

For someone who just lost a Jedi master and friend, Obi Wan seems to be taking her death rather well, as in, not showing any signs of remorse whatsoever.

I just noticed something. Why was Obi Wan wearing his clone vambraces? I thought he had switched to full Jedi sleeves last season. In fact, this was a previous season, given that Ian Abercombie is still voicing Palps before he died

And even Palps doesn't treat Maul like a threat. That is how pathetic this resurrection has been. Even your former master considers you a minor nuisance

I almost forgot, there is a war on. Who would have thought? A show called The Clone Wars, being about a war. I must not have noticed behind all the fanfiction on display this episode.

And Ian Abercombie is suddenly replaced by Tim Curry, then gets reinstated the very next line. Nice editing there idiots. Why even put that line in there, when it does NOT fit AT ALL with the conversation. I would have taken the line out and just kept Abercrombie for the whole scene rather than jamming his replacement into the middle of a conversation

Well, that was an entirely pointless episode. It managed to destroy canon and defang Maul even further. First he was a spider, then a raging nutjob, and now he can get beaten up by a bunch of Weequays with guns.

God this sucked.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Twas the force pushes, chokes and grips that made it epic for me. The stakes are raised when you can get force punted across a room. ;) I love that the grim twins limped out, missing limbs and looking tired. Making them vulnerable, makes them less Stuish and more entertaining.

Just watched it again, simply a fun way to start the season.

6. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012

Hoo care abut the movie!! Its not canon!!!1 Maul will kich Plo in the head and kill him, please make it George. And MORE AHSOKA and killing ppl from EU (ITS NOT CANON).

CT-867-5309, JackG, Convor and 3 others like this.
  7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Yeah no, it just made them stupid.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Tell me about it. We don't all speak like Steve Irwin.

I've deciphered the title of this episode:
    Revival:

re·viv·al/riˈvīvəl/

Noun:
    1. An improvement in the condition or strength of something: "an economic revival".
    2. An instance of something becoming popular, active, or important again.

Everyone believes that Maul is the one referred to in the title. What if he's not. What if it's.....ADI GALLIA!
    What if this
    [​IMG]
    and this
    [​IMG]
    didn't kill her at all?
    Revival clearly is a reference to Obi-Wan's revival of his fellow Jedi Master after Maul and Savage have left Florrum. It all makes sense. Here is Adi in the next episode, looking fine:
    [​IMG]

No need to thank me for this retcon. :p

9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    What would have made this episode even better, if Maul decided to sing about how awesome he is, to the music of duel of the fates.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Am I the only Star Wars fan that knows that Adi had a Twin sister, whom was also a Jedi?

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  11. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    Anyway, the Fight was...okay. But nothing really interesting, though Savage losing him arm was a good twist, a twist I wish hadn't been leaked before hand.

I was laughing really freaking hard when I saw Maul and Savage running away at the end. The two evil handicaps running like hell....it's funnier in context.

12. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I know Adi is part of the species known as Tholothians, however she looks way to human to be an alien. So are tholothians near-human?

13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Yes from what I've read about them

14. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Great episode overall. Still not the biggest fan of Maul returning but at least they're aren't using him badly. You can definitely feel the desperation and disappointment in both Maul and Savage at the end of the episode, Maul knowing he's better then this and Savage probably thinking that he wasn't expecting things to get this bad for them.

Still not liking Gallia dying but it was a pretty cool death, being impaled by Oppress' horn and getting impaled while being on the ground for extra bonus was pretty cool and brutal. I'll get over Obsession being thrown out.

Dual lightsabers are getting a bit overused but this battle was pretty awesome. Obi-Wan continued kicking his knee btw so it would finally give out and distract Oppress for a moment to gain an advantage over him. Thought that was pretty obvious to people who didn't understand it. Not much to say about Hondo, he's always awesome whenever he's on screen.

Probably my second favorite premiere after Clone Cadets.

Seerow, KED12345 and Paparazzo like this.
  15. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Did Adi try kicking Savage's leg or something? Right before he forces her into the wall where he proceeds to nail her (hehehehe).

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  16. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    Nothing can top Domino Squad episodes. I probably won't be able to get over the Obsession Retcon. But you're right, Dual wielding is seriously losing it's charm. By the time we see Sidious whip out two Sabers, we'll be praying for the fight to end 8 seconds in.

Paparazzo likes this.
  17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Yea, her and Obi-Wan try wearing down Savage's knee as a way to make him loose his footing. Eventually, it was weak enough were Obi-Wan was able to kick it hard enough and break it and then cut off his arm.

Don't know why Maul is complaining about loosing a robotic leg, Savage got owned Skywalker style.

18. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    hehehehe

Looks like the points are 1 for Savage and 0 for Maul, when it comes to nailing women. Maul has some catching up to do.

LongLiveCloneWars and Paparazzo like this.
  19. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Agreed, the only reason I didn't roll my eyes was because I was expecting and it was actually really well choreographed. I can only hope that the Sideous fight is the same. I can get over the two lightsabers if they choreography it as well as they did here. I'm sure they'll do there best with it being Sideous and all.

Same with Anakin and Dooku in last season duel in Crisis on Naboo, it's boring seeing Anakin and Dooku again but it was so well choreographed and lit that it was worth it. Loved the part with Dooku using the silverware to attack Anakin.

Also, I'm sure that's Stass Allie there. We already know Commander Neyo's clone model at least is appearing in Episode 503 so it has to be Allie.

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Don't know why some people think that if we see Sidious with two sabers that's suddenly a bad thing. This is one of the most powerful Sith Lord ever known we're talking about here, maybe he feels that he hasn't dual wield in a long time and just decided to unrust his skills. I bet that if he was able too, he'd have used two during the duel in Revenge of the Sith, but it's not exactly a short walk from his office to the senate building, were he kept his other blade, and he knew the Jedi were coming shortly. He did loose afterall, though it could be argued he lost just so that Anakin could walk in to what appeared to be an assasination attempt. I mean if Darth Sidious doesn't know how to dual wield then no one does.

21. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Though im sure he could defeat Maul and Randy with just 1 lightsaber, he seemed to do fine taking on several jedi with 1 in RoTS. Also if he only wields 1 blade, the other hand can be used for sith lightening.

Though i would prefer if he just uses one blade, showing that he doesn't need 2 (like Dooku, who took on several opponents with just 1 blade), im sure the battle will still be awesome.

Maybe the reason why he is using 2, is not because he needs them to win, but simply because he likes using 2.

Mzukiller likes this.
  22. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    That's the problem with TCW's 3D. The fights can look so bland without something interesting as the setting, like Mustafar or a Battle that isn't one sided.

Paparazzo likes this.
  23. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I read somewhere that he was supposed to use two in RoTS but Ian Mcdiarmid couldn't get the fight sequence down so they went with one. I can't find the original source so that may not be the case.

Spazmatron likes this.
  24. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    Let's use Grievous as an example. Grievous can use one Lightsaber and still do pretty well, but he duel wields because that's more efficient for a Non-force user. Sidious on the other hand, Is the most Powerful Sith ever, he doesn't need two lightsabers not even to fight two opponents. Their just doing that for flare. Which is why they shouldn't do it.

Esg likes this.
  25. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    They don't step on one another. **** they even reference events in each other sometimes stop pretending like this is Marvel cannon as well because no one I've seen in SW is as bad as Bendis. Have you even read enough EU to find any proof to make such an uninformed generalization or are you just being the model gusher defending any constructive criticism?

On topic this episode wasn't half bad aside from yet another finger to Obsession

Mia Mesharad and Zeta1127 like this.