main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official * General Grievous in TCW Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheTelmarine, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    He kidnapped the chancellor from a few Jedi Masters' hands. In RotS novel he even fought Windu in that fight.

Esg and Zeta1127 like this.
  2. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Which is a little odd, because not even Sidious was able to overcome Windu by himself, so how on earth did the clumsy Grievous manage to last longer than five seconds against the seasoned Jedi Master?

And it's not like Grievous hasn't had some cool moments in the show to go along with the rather embarrassing ones like Shadow Warrior. Most recently he crushed a clan of Force-wielding witches by himself, has held his own against Obi-Wan about five dozen times, killed Nadhar Vebb and delivered a crushing defeat to Eeth Koth. As a GG fan myself I would be lying if I said I enjoyed Grievous' rather subpar portrayal in much of the show, but I just don't agree with the sentiment that he has been "mistreated" or anything compared to his old 2D CW self, who as I noted before was really overpowered and whose sheer power contrasted greatly with the character in RotS.

4. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    They screw Grievous over in every episode he's in.
    Beaten by Fisto
    Almost beaten by Ahsoka
    Chased off by Obi Wan
    Wounded and beaten by Gungans.

What happened to The Knight Slayer? What happened to the invincible monster from the 2D series that had everybody wetting themselves?

5. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Beaten by Ahsoka? She ran away from him, that's not beating...

Spazmatron likes this.
  6. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    He never got beaten by Ahsoka.. She ran from him after she barely escaped from being choked to death

But being beaten by gungans is like...

:(

Paparazzo likes this.
  7. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    That entire episode (besides the animation) was cringe-worthy; it should never have existed

8. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Whats with the Gungan witch doctor?

Paparazzo likes this.
  9. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    I actually didn't mind the concept of a conniving Gungan; heavens above they need to get away from Jar Jar, but it was just...odd. Rish Loo served essentially no purpose...

Spazmatron likes this.
  10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Because Vaapad has special effect against the Dark Side, and Sidious was trying to lure Anakin to the Dark Side.

11. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    In the context of the show it was, Grieovus didn't take her Lightsaber and he lost his hand. In his book and mine, that counts as a loss.

12. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    It's not fair to say "By Himself" He had an army covering his rear and he had to use all 4 lightsabers. The latter I can tolerate, but what I can't is that Grievous is canoncially superior to Asaj in combat, yet she not only held him off but got away. Look I love Grievous, prior to Maul's return he was my favorite character. But I just can't stand how terribly they treat him.

13. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    She didn't want to show him up, obviously.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    =D=

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    GG defeated Ventress and Durge in the comic.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Then I would not be a fan of that comic. :p

17. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think they could do better making Grievous a viable threat without making him overpowered like the 2D. But I agree that they don't seem to be doing him any injustice based on what we saw in RoTS.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  18. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    You're right, 2D Grievous was an overpowered god. I think 3D needs to be between The Knight Slayer from the comics, the god from the 2D, and the guy from the movie.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  19. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I get that a lot of people are supportive of the "we need to see these things to make them valid" but frankly, the show is making the point that that is something we should already be understanding. The "news reels" make it a point to tells us on several occasions that Grievous is a significant threat to the Jedi and the Republic just as it tells us that the Republic is overwhelmed against the Separatists. On top of that we see him kick ass many times on the show. Many of the episodes centered around the good general show him to be a formidable opponent to Obi-Wan and various other Jedi. I don't necessarily give two piles of dung that he was defeated by the Gungans because he was caught off guard. That doesn't mean he's dumb or that his character is ruined. He was just caught. Off. Guard.Grievous goes on to be a complete bad ass in Massacre anyway. His portrayal in the show is exactly what it needs to be. Not overpowered, but still awesome.

QuangoFett and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Grievous also fought Kit Fisto and Mace Windu to a stand still, simultaneously. He slaughtered the Jedi protecting the Chancellor also, B'ink Utrila, Roth-Del Masona, Roron Corobb and Foul Moudama during the battle of Coruscant. He also killed Pablo-Jill and L'lacielo Sageon as they attempted to rescue the Chancellor in the Invisible Hand's hangar. This all occurred in Labyrinth of Evil, the much advertised and endorsed lead-in novel to RotS. That's not artistic licence like Micro-series Grievous can be dismissed as. Grievous is powerful, and rightly so.

Esg likes this.
  21. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Nah, Ahsoka was waaaay over her head.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  22. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Part of the problem may be that he keeps ending up being pitted against opponents who he simply can't defeat because they can't die during the show, like Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto. Now, if he were to fight, oh say Tera Sinube or any other random Jedi without a definite fate, then we could get an outcome that puts Grievous in a better light.

Then again, they had a perfect opportunity to do that with Eeth Koth, and yet they chose not to follow through with it. Too bad.

23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    There's another thread for this, why post a new one?

24. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    You're right, 2D Grievous was an overpowered god. I think 3D needs to be between The Knight Slayer from the comics, the god from the 2D, and the guy from the movie.

25. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    Because until today no one's posted in tat thread since 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.