main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts The Micro Series & Genndy Tartakovsky appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GGrievous, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    OK fine. Is levitation of a living being that simple? Especially in heated combat? Why didn't Obi-Wan simply do that with Grievous when he fought him?

We see Yoda and Mace levitate with ease, but maybe not everyone can, ridiculous displays of the Force in the micro series aside.

Even still, that's just not the way the Jedi are trained to think. Their fighting style is much more direct, at least at the time of the Clone Wars.

I swear, I'm leaving now.:p

Zeta1127 and Esg like this.
  2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The ROTS Grievous fight always made Obi-Wan seem weak to me. I was like, dude, Force-push much?

3. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Being designed to combat Jedi have you ever considered that he likely has some design that can counter simply being pushed. Like added weight and strength?

Zeta1127 likes this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    So a normal robot is no match for a Jedi... but a robot with super strength that weighs a lot is?

And having super strength and being heavy stops a Jedi from using the Force?

5. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    There are metals that can resist the force you know
    Not to mention the main figurehead of the CIS is going to be anything but average

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    With a lack of better things to do this weekend, I re-watched the series.

My recent thoughts:

Durge:
    I really enjoyed Durge as a villain even though I don't think his name is mentioned in the series at all. He's been in the comics, right? Can he be killed? I assume if you throw him in a volcano he can't put himself back together, and even though Obi-wan blows him up from the inside, it appears that his slime is still moving, so I'm led to believe that he isn't dead. Do you think he could appear in the current Clone Wars cartoon run?

The jousting on speeder bikes seemed a bit ridiculous to me.

Asajj:
    This series first introduces her as being able to alter her appearance. Is this a dark Jedi ability or just made up for this series? Her big fight scene with Anakin was very enjoyable.

Dooku:
    His interactions with Asajj and Grievous were very well done and one of the best parts of this series. I did find it weird that Palpatine kept popping in unexpectedly during what seemed to be a private conversation, but I guess the Dark Lord of the Sith can do whatever he wants.

Jedi:
    I think it's been a common complaint that the Jedi almost seem a little TOO powerful. If Mace can force punch metal battle droids, then Obi-wan should be able to do the same to Grievous in Episode III, but doesn't.

Anakin's winey voice was a tad grating but most of the voice acting was great. I didn't look into it, but I wonder if some of those voice actors are employed in the current series.

Canon:
    I was wondering, has it been confirmed by Lucasfilm if this series is canon? I really liked how they incorporated the scenes before the events of Episode III in the series and wonder if parts of this series will be adapted into the current Clone Wars cartoon run when they decide to wrap it up. Concerning the end, I thought the parts with Anakin were a little slow, but I thought it was pretty bad ass when he destroyed the crystal, blew up his robot arm and then used his Force "ghost hand" to kill the Techno Union members. Also, I will admit that I teared up when the little kid recognized his altered father and hugged him which encouraged the others to do so. I wouldn't mind more heartfelt events like that to happen in the current series.

Overall:
    I thought Genndy and his team did a really good job with the time and material they were given/allowed to use. I’m wish there was more John Williams music, and I wish some of the dialogue was better. A lot of times characters said the same thing two or three times in a row. “Attack. Attack. Attack.” Thanks, I heard you the first time. I think if they had been given more time per episode that they could have came up with something that would still be airing today.

7. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    He was killed when a ship he was on crashed into a sun and exploded. He will never appear in the current TCW series.

When did she alter her appearance? If you're talking about the character at the beginning of the cauldron fighting, that wasn't her.

The way the current TCW series is going, it's likely that soon the Genddy series will become non-canon. There's already a confliction about the Battle of Coruscant with Genddy's series and the novel Labyrinth of Evil, but I think of the two the novel's depiction is 'truer canon'.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It showed that weird creature, he/she sat next to Dooku, there was a weird woosh sound happened when it was off screen, Dooku complimented her and then all of a sudden Asajj was sitting next to him.

9. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    That wasn't her, it was this guy: Henchman.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    What Asajj did was stealthily sneak up on the guy and silently dispatch him.

As for Durge, he appeared in the Republic comics a bit, until his unfortunate encounter with Anakin and a sun, as K'Kruhk pointed out.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I was always confused about that. I assumed Ventress and the one guy were the same

chagrian_scavenger likes this.
  12. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I used to think it was her in disguise too, but I think the commentary said it wasn't. Plus Dooku says something like "My host would congratulate you posthumously" when Asajj appears.

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I love this scene from the micro-series.
    [​IMG]
    Palpatine: How dare you barge in to my private residence? How do you think you are?!
    Shaak Ti: Chancellor, I don't think...
    Palpatine: I will take care of this. I am Supreme Chancellor Palpatine of the Galactic Republic and I will not be bullied by any thug who happens to---
    [Shaak Ti Force pulls him back]

14. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    For the lulz
    [​IMG]

15. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    And again...
    [​IMG]

TrandoJedi and Togruta like this.
  16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Whenever I see Jedi duel those things I always wonder why they don't just do something like that immediately.

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    There's not always fast-moving objects around. ;)

Man, I miss badass Shaak Ti.

TrandoJedi and Togruta like this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    They can still use the Force to push, levitate, strip weapons, et cetera.

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Jedi can use the Force for many things.... except, apparently, in TCW. It's basically the polar opposite of the micro series in that regard.

Darth_Cronos likes this.
  20. Darth_Cronos

Darth_Cronos Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2009
    i wish TCW would show more uses of the force especially in anakins case he was made from the force! I always laugh when Mace says the jedi lost their ability to use the force in ROTS cause i barley see them use it... at all...not even premonitions anything!

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't want to go into too much detail because this is the appreciation thread and not the versus thread, but to me the problem isn't that it's never used in TCW, but that it's used quite inconsistently. I know I bring this up often enough to the point of feeling like a broken record, but the Mon Cala arc is really the perfect example. In Water War Anakin can't get his breathing apparatus back from a foot or so away, then in Gungan Attack Anakin can dismantle and destroy this massive underwater complex. I always love seeing that in Gungan Attack, but it makes the Water War thing all the more infuriating.

22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I've always viewed the Force as something that has a will of it's own. If a Jedi is in tune with the Force, then it will grant them abilities. If they could use the Force continuously, they would, so I think as they're in combat, they occasionally get "granted" the ability to use the Force, and the Jedi can choose to muster up that energy or not.

That, and there's this thing called tension.

23. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I watched the whole thing yesterday for the first time. Amazing show. Let's talk about it.

spicer and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  24. CloneTrooper9000

CloneTrooper9000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    Heh, I just rewatched it this weekend, I loved it when it came out and still do. I think the ARC Troopers episode toward the beginning is my favorite. I do wish more would have been done with Durge though.

25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I've never actually seen the microseries. :/ I guess I should get around to watching it though.