main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC My Fiance dumped me

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Sep 30, 2012.

1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Today. In an airport. :(

Tell your sad love stories here!

Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    :( [:D]

In an airport? It's awful enough as it is... but to be done in a public place, like that... so sorry. .

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    My condolences. I have no interest in telling sad love stories. What about silly love songs?

...Sorry. Stupid Wings.

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Worst Paul McCartney song, ever.

5. cipe

cipe Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Did she say it was because you had too much baggage?

6. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    *facepalm*

But no really why prenn?

7. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm so sorry Prenn!! If if makes a difference, the one man I would have married dumped me because he could not "relate" to me.

He must have been right, because to this day, I have no idea what the **** he was talking about.

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Your puns are normally god-awful, but this one was rude and cringe-worthy.

9. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    She's 20, and has had a string of 3 serious relationships dating back to high school, never being single for more than like a week. So she feels like she needs to be single for a while. Find herself, travel, all that. Which I understand. There isn't any anger or hard feelings. Just...sad.

Haha that sounds so sappy! :(

10. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Awww that sucks dude. You're too awesome to stay sad though so invite some people over, blast this song in your apartment and GET READY TO PARTY

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    That's actually a very mature thing for a twenty-year-old to realize about herself. I have a friend who is the same way... never been single for more than a short period of time--and she's in her late 30s. She was in a very committed relationship for about ten years. They split up, and she was in another relationship within a month.

It's great that you guys were able to split up on good terms, and all. It's understandable that you're sad, but it sounds like she did the best thing for the both of you.

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    My ex went from heavily pushing the whole marriage thing to breaking up with me in, like, a month. And that worked out to be, like, 3 weeks before we went to Europe for 2 1/2 weeks together. Oooh that was an emotional roller coaster. I have never understood what happened.

13. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Sorry to hear about that, Prenn :\

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Man that really sucks. She probably should have picked another venue but I agree that it is a respectable reason. Doesn't make it suck any less for you, though :(

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Ouch. That sucks.

My worst break - up would be the one with my first boyfriend. He gave me the "I think we should just be friends." speech over the phone..

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Humbug.

Sad to hear that, Prenn.

Sad love stories? I had a fiancée at 17... but I am all-but relieved to have escaped that train wreck.

17. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    That's very sad!
    Like the others said, a respectable reason and decision, but still sad. I'm sorry to hear that. [:D]

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    That's depressing, but there's definitely hope that it might work out again in the future.

Personal stories? I got dumped right after my grandmother passed. It was right in the middle of the "I'm so sorry for your loss" conversation. At starbucks. AWKWARD.

Whitey likes this.
  19. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm sorry, Prennifer.

But this means you're single now, right? [face_batting]

harpuah and MASTERPRENN like this.
  20. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Uh oh. This sounds like the start of a romantic comedy. Prepare to meet an eccentric girl with a career as a journalist/no nonsense business woman/small specialty shop owner and then not get along at first.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Hopefully she'll look like Meg Ryan before the excessive plastic surgery.

22. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Would have been even more mature if she had come to that conclusion before they got so deep into their relationship that Prennifer popped the question.

Sorry things didn't work out, Prenn, but to be blunt, you're probably both better off waiting a bit. Like half a decade or so, at least.

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm sorry to hear this. While I agree with yankee above, at least she realized this before getting married.

[:D] [:D]

MASTERPRENN, harpuah and Souderwan like this.
  24. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Six years ago, my then-boyfriend neglected to tell me that he would not, after all, be attending my high school graduation and then later that night, he called me and dumped me.

25. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    If no good marriage ends in divorce, no good potential marriage ends in pote--this made more sense in my head.

Dude, I wish you luck. Truth be told, when you get dumped, you always think if she had chose a better time/place/manner it would somehow have been ok. That's horse manure. A kick in the testicles is never ok. Sure, a solid blow from spiky boots is unquestionably worse than the inadvertent stomp from your 3-yr old niece as she tries to climb over you to get a hug. But you still want to grab that adorable bundle of joy and hurl her through the window. But you know she won't even understand why you're upset and she's too young to hear the string of words that want to burst out of your mouth. Wisdom is accepting and giving her that hug while your eyes are stinging with tears. But it's not ok.

You'll be fine. You took the best approach in dealing with loss, after all. You shared it with the JCC. :)