main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Without the Force, 2012 diary challenge, with fanart completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I comforted him by telling that the midis didn?t define who you are. Erindi and Erenya ? and now the little one growing in her womb ? are making me complete. Midis are just convenient when you want to use the Force.

Awww!!!! [face_love]

Great update! Good to know more about the rescue.

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I comforted him by telling that the midis didn?t define who you are.

That is one of the most brilliant sentences ever! Well put. Swallow that, Vader!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice seeing the progress in therapy and Jason entertaining with his stories.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and there is more in the next post

therapy and now moving midis

Entry 7

Yup moving midis and they are behaving. Dad had to look twice but that confirmed it. We have more midis. Not that much to get a feeling of the Force but the beginning of regaining the Force is there. He is very pleased. His difficult journey to get the treatment is successful. Difficult yes; I will tell you about his research and the funny and not so funny moments but first Aaqu will write some more.

- - -

Marhin wrote in the last entry about his wake up. My guiding out of the sedation was a bit different.

First I didn?t believe at all that I was in a hospital. I thought I had become one with the Force because I saw faint blue and green shapes. And there was Jadin and that was a Jedi I had seen the last time at the beginning of the clone wars. He couldn?t be in a hospital. He must be in the Force.

But he was talking about thingy?s and a strange voice was too. And Kaagi was encouraging his son and Marhin did convince me that I was in a hospital. I saw the thingy and knew that it was the tube from the anaesthesia unit. Breathing on my own was easy after I knew but I felt strangely disoriented. There was something missing.

They told me that I was without the Force. And there was a girl. Lynne of course and she was the girl from my dreams and very strange ? or not at all when Jasir Ere-Dun explained all about the Dunai elder bonds ? I felt a bond forming between her and me.
    Dunai elder bonds are bonds of the soul and the soul is eternal.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, I am always tickled by "thingys" LOL and sweet about Lynne. :D

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I felt a bond forming between her and me.

At least a bond with her and not with the Force. That is real compensation!

:)

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Improvement ahead! :)

Interesting bond forming with Lynne.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The diary can continue:)

Entry 8
    23 melona

Last entry I wrote about bonds of the soul. The concept of the soul is known since ages by Jedi but only a few Jedi have mastered the becoming one with the Force and retain a visible appearance for those able to see. Qui-Gon was the first I have seen. Obi-Wan, Yoda and Jacen were the others. Qui-Gon has guided me during the first lessons before I discovered the books in Eled-Hir’s library.
    Dunai elder – and most species related to the Sheir-Irel – forms when the time is right a bond of the soul. It is different from the Force in a way that you don’t need to have midi-chlorians. Midis and the cells of your body can die but the soul is eternal.

Aranella has told me about her meeting with Kaaginha and his family. Kaaginha – a Falgan – is a young one but his father was there and he told that we – fingered and making things species – are just children. We can learn more from the Falgans and the Sheir-Irel and study the great book of the Whills. Kaaginha’s father told her more about the history of Falgans, Lingalans and Ceitans and that three planets – Moniron, Lingala and Varanko – will be safe havens. Marhin is smiling. He wants to write.

---

A month ago we received the treatment to wake up our midi-chlorians. It will be very convenient to have them multiplying and working again. Using the Force is nice you see for lifting patients and entertaining the little ones.

Getting the midi-wake-up medicine was difficult for dad.
    He exhausted himself the night after Aaqu’s surgery and had to be guided to his bed by Beran and Tara. A book from Kevin Kaol and the one in the original Dunai elder language led him to the discovery of the Eiaa-ore and treatment for hibernating midis. Dad was the one to get the ore from deep down in the ocean in a place beyond Kawtun trench called Anjii Moniron. And the book and what was written in it saved him. The techies designed a super dry dry-suit that sealed him and Kevin Kaol, his buddy diver. But helping Kaaginha to get the ore to the surface earned him a stay in a recompression chamber for 40 hours. Kaaginha had done the diving to the place where the ore was collected in a container and he had help from the Sheir-Irel and was coming – needing air – to the surface. Dad took the container that was quite heavy and descended to 61 meters where he had to use his life-preserver. And that had him shooting up like a rocket and getting the bends. The baro-trauma treatment helped him to recover fully. But he had to endure pranks from mom and the healers. And he couldn’t participate in the festivities to celebrate 100 years of Noranan General Hospital. Jason Guyet was flying his X-wing and hmm he is coming.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    First post in the old/new Boards :D I missed this.

When I was reading the part about waking up the midis, a sudden nutty thought passed through my head - coffee, give them coffee. Can you tell I'm having mine? :p

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I am chuffed the boards are back; trying compatibility and then Firefox to see if the buttons etc. work as hoped/expected so I can play. [face_dancing]

Biggest hugs to the author in hi.

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am glad that this diary is back. Thanks for PMing me, dear bird!!! [:D]

Still having trouble to adept to the new board style and NOT being happy what happened to my old links!

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Coffee didn't work but they are awake.

We are back on the boards yes and this will get exciting

The diary will include some of Inferno;)

Entry 9
    26 melona

Yup Jason and he asked if Kaagi had any wishes for his coming birthday. Aaqu told Jason that Jedi didn’t do birthdays but that some did and almost all healers did. And that had me asking Jason if he could get me to the restaurant without dad knowing. The surprise to see me on his birthday would be nice.

Jason had a big surprise for us. Soron Adameh and Kevin Kaol – both dressed in isolation suits – had gone to the valley of the Darrin to get a lost lightsaber back. During the extrication of me it was lost. Ersan Koroni and Rudi Selco – two very inventive technicians – had designed a droid capable of entering a wreck. The droid retrieved the lightsaber and the viewer that Jason dropped when he guided an unconscious me out of the wreck.

The birthday party was fun even with me confined to my bed. Jason wheeled me to the restaurant to celebrate dad’s birthday. Chef Jeruan Mouraha had made a nice birthday cake for dad with one big candle, seven smaller candles and a little one. He is 171 years and still a young one. And being a young one he got presents for young ones to the great hilarity of everyone present.
    Paper and painting stuff was appreciated and of course all the toys. When he has young patients he will give them toys.
    Granddad Aragin was there and had a wooden toy, made in his workplace.
    Mom gave him a toy – something she had discovered in a shop in Noranan – and that had dad remarking that it resembled a Gizmo.

- - -

A Gizmo. Sure Kaagi had a Gizmo when he was in the Jeditemple. He got one when he returned with Jadin from a visit to Moniron. Jadin had lost his padawan Jerza and Kaagi took it up to comfort Jadin by taking him to the place where he was born and where he had lost his parents as a two year old.
    The Gizmo was still in Kaagi’s treatment room when I left the Jedi Temple to go to Moniron. The fabric was faded and the innards were showing. All the initiates, padawans and adults had gotten comforted by the Gizmo.

AzureAngel2 and Jade_eyes like this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A Gizmo? They better not get it wet of feed it after midnight. :p

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Gizmo like in Gremlins? [face_thinking]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Not that kind but a popular toy during Kaagi's days in the Jeditemple;)

Entry 10
    28 melona

No Gizmo to comfort me but Erenya and dad were there for me when I had to stand beside my bed for the first time. This morning that happened. Standing only and my legs could support me. I saw on the scans that the bones are knitting together nicely. Ribs too and the icky rib-brace is gone. And my nose is behaving. I can smell the things again; delicious and not so delicious things. Now I have to wait for the results of some tests and the thingy that keeps me confined to bed and surroundings will go too.

- - -

Marhin is on his feet and that has me remembering his father during his recovery. Yes Kaagi has had his run ins with healers too during his padawan days and after that. He was seriously injured during a mission on Hamalk, had hibernating midis and recovered fully.

And Gizmo and a little initiate played a large role after an accident on Anaxes where Kaagi saved people in a hotel. That initiate was Obi-Wan and he persuaded Kaagi to get on his feet and get moving. A walking stick – crafted by Kaagi for Obi-Wan – played a large role and was given after Kaagi’s recovery by Obi-Wan to Kaagi.

Kaagi still has that walking stick and it has helped me too after I had an accident. And he has told me about the physical therapy courses he will be giving for the interested employees.
    The hospital will have a great teacher with Kaagi.
    Kaagi is coming.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad the recovery is proceeding superbly. :D :)

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I second Jade's comment. I'm also glad Gizmo is not a gremlin. :p

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The hospital will have a great teacher with Kaagi.
    Kaagi is coming.

Yeah, but mind that I might NOT be able to react for a brilliant update like this before Friday! I have been far too ill to go to work today. So I take time before I rush off to bed. One of my two jobs forces me to get up at 5:30 am. But I needed something cheerful to keep my going. What is better than a fanfic of yours WITH the announcement that Kaagi is not far ahead. :D

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More is here:

Entry 11
    29 melona
    Dad read the entry and that had him hurrying to his home and returning with said walking stick. I admired again the carved words. The first sentence was done by dad when he gave the walking stick to Obi-Wan. For Obi-Wan who has mastered the meditation of the white light. And the second by him and Obi-Wan. Don’t give up; use me as your lucky stick. Dad has told me that story and has given me his diary from the Jeditemple to read again those entries but listening to him again had me eager to leave bed and hospital as soon as possible.
    And guess what; the lower life support is gone and replaced by yup a diaper. I have to regain control after being for such a long time on support. It should be … aw kriff. Aaqu!

- - -

I could save the diary and tend to Marhin’s needs. And no with or without the Force doesn’t make any difference. Kaagi told his son about his difficult recovery after the mission to Hamalk and that had Marhin remarking that he had to be patient.

There is another who is very patient. That’s Jehna Er-San with his young husan Andar. He has begun to train him in the ways of the Dunai elder and that means guiding without bridle and using only the voice and the bond between man and animal. He comes each day after work to our home and the stable and helps us with feeding the animals and cleaning the stables and the shelter. Jehna is a natural with husans. As a student in the valley of Eled-Hir he was always helping Eled-Hir or Aragin.

I remember Tarmenel Eled-Hir telling me about the arrival of Jehna and his parents Jasan and Kalinde ten days before order 66 and the destruction of the Jedi. They were seeking help for their only child that was having nightmares. Tarmenel had of course jobs for the experienced technicians and a nice cottage to settle. He saw the great potential of the boy to become a healer. And he began to teach Jehna how to shield and use the powers of the Dunai elder. Jehna had been with his teacher when he paled and began to cry. His teacher dropped his shields and had seen and felt the same and even more. Counceling had followed. Jehna had told him about more dreams from his past. Tarmenel had told him that the light would replace the dark. A captivating historic tale about the old Dunai elder and their beliefs had been soothing for young Jehna. Tarmenel knew how to tell about history.

And he had to rush to the Er-San cottage shortly after that when Jehna was having a very livid nightmare about what was happening on Mustafar. He felt the anguish of Obi-Wan and Anakin and saw the little light trapped inside Anakin. Tarmenel could soothe him. And that was Jehna’s last nightmare. The boy became a happy child loved by all and demonstrating a natural ability to soothe beings. When I arrived at Eled-Hir’s place Jehna was a student in the house of healing and the one where everyone came when they found a sick or hurt animal. Jehna playing with the husans or with the eagle he had found and nursed back to health was a sight to behold. That eagle came even one day with his entire family.

After graduating and going to Monir it was no different. Jehna has shown us the pictures taken when he was working in Monir University Hospital and guiding recovering children to a farm near the hospital.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @};- Sweet stuff and touching about Jehna. Cool about the Husan and person bond. :cool:

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yeah, very cool!

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And they can be funny and devious too as seen in the next entry

Entry 12
    2 velona
    Yesterday I walked from nine to five – rooms and an ongoing joke between dad, Beran and Jadin – without any problems and for the first time without a walking stick and braces. And more; diapers are gone too since yesterday and that had the doctors Adameh – Soron and Ger – signing my release documents today. Sixty days have passed since the accident. Midis are multiplying but the going is slow and the Force a no for Aaqu and me.

Now I am home and admiring for the first time the beautiful home. It is a nice one with stairs leading to a large attic where – if she is older – Erindi can play. Bedrooms – three with one large one for us – studies – two and enough room to stash all my books away from little prying hands – a living room, a kitchen and a large fresher are on the first floor. Large doors in the living room give access to the porch where I am now sitting and writing this entry. Mom is with me because Erenya has her work and Erindi needs her care. And I have to stop because I see Aaqu coming on Imdal. And with Imdal coming; Hey Dewali and Esha are following and mom oops.

- - -

Oops yes. Aranella had me doing her laundry and I am doing that now and writing in the diary. Doing laundry? It began with this. With Marhin home I had to surprise him and that began with getting three husans from the meadow and in the stable, saddling Imdal and guiding Dewali and Esha. Imdal and Esha behaved as usual when I started towards the road but Dewali had to take a short cut. He spurted towards the fence, jumped it, sped through the meadow of Kaagi and Aranella, brushing past the laundry and getting a sheet draped across his back and back to me when I whistled. Getting the now again dirty sheet was a no with Dewali making teasing rounds around me and again through the laundry getting the rest of the bed-sheets on the grass and in the bushes. And Esha followed him. Hoping that the laundry would loose their interest I continued my journey. I was nearing the house and Marhin – and oops Aranella – spotted me when Dewali and Esha ran past me and made a sliding stop before the porch.

Marhin gave the two husans a warm welcome but Aranella.
    She had Erindi in her arms, asked me to dismount and guided me towards the dirty laundry and asked me to do said laundry. I put the laundry in the basket and delivered it to my home.
    A nice afternoon followed with helping Marhin on Imdal and guiding him through the garden. Dewali made nothing of that and Esha just followed until Erenya came home.
    She made tea and after tea-time it was time to go home.

The journey back with the three husans was wild because Jehna was there and was putting grains in the manger. Eager to get that food Dewali and Esha ran towards the shelter. I could control Imdal and had him in his stable and remove his saddle and cloth. I was guiding him to the food in the shelter when I remembered the laundry.
    I had some laundry of my own and added oh nooh.

- - -

Note by Lynne Maerhin
    Never let men add laundry to already sorted laundry. My husband had to do the Adin laundry again after the mischief of Dewali and he added his green things.
    He stopped the machine when I came in.
    I sorted the laundry and added whitener to the bed-sheets before starting the machine again. The sheets were saved and my husbands laundry?
    That laundry will be done when we have enough green things.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] About the laundry and :) about Marhin being home in his spacious, comfy home. :)

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] That can happen to the best. (I should know, and I'm not a man - never ever mix blue jeans with red clothes :p )