main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, you're welcome.

Not that I'm holding my breath, or anything, but I really hope they get the picture that with some of these decisions they're making, the outcome winds up doing more harm than good, and in this case, a simple change could have made all the difference.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Whether or not Obsession is no longer canon or not, it doesn't stop me from enjoying Obsession. When I buy something to read or view, I enjoy it or I don't, nothing to do with its change in canonicity.

This episode had the spirit of Star Wars (and to avoid any "but -" yes, it could have been any Jedi accompanying Obi-Wan; it didn't need to be Adi so for your sakes I do wish it had been someone else but I can live with it personally).

I loved Hondo as always, he's so freaking funny.

Maul and Savage were much better used than in some past episodes (sigh of relief at that - if you're going to use them, use them well).

I was pleased with Obi-Wan's characterization in this episode. I liked the little moments of grief they allowed him to show.

I kind of wish they'd acknowledged in some way how he had fared less well in his prior encounter with the brothers - maybe as an explanation why Adi was with him? Obi-Wan "wised up"? Also, Ventress - what happened to her?

hlc88, Seerow, Mange and 2 others like this.
  3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yellow-Hulk and Mechno-Lurch, and speaking of the way they walk... I am looking forward to seeing Maul with better metal legs. At his normal height we get a better perspective on just how monstrous Savage really is; because in the Mustafar trailer, he looks huge walking behind his Master.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    It sure did for me, too.

Yes, it's true, our boy was in fine form throughout.

I heard (so don't quote me on this) that this episode was shown out of order, so maybe we'll get some sort of explaination here? Also, this is why Adi Gallia was spotted sitting on the High Jedi Council during the Onderon episodes.

Seerow and KED12345 like this.
  5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, that's awkward. :p Clearly it's Stass Allie. ;)

Regarding Obi-Wan, yeah it would have been nice to have some mention that he's adjusted his style since the last time they met. This was the most impressive I think I've seen Kenobi in TCW.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Just enjoy the show, is what I say. Again, easy for me because I didn't follow anything EU except for the Clone War Comics, which I love and still have as part of my SW collection of material (Mostly the movies, essential guides, and TCW/CW). But guess what, it doesn't bother me that "canon has changed". It doesn't bother me that the same old people come on here and say that they hate it when GL does it. Personally, I like GLs storytelling, and his SW direction most of all. But, that's just me.

One thing I would have liked to have seen addressed was what happened after Ob-Wan and Ventress escaped Maul and Savage after the end of season 4. maybe I missed something. However, not having it addressed is NOT a complaint. Just would have like to see what happened. :)

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Actually, there is a reason that Adi is there. The Onderon episodes were originally intended to be the season premiere for S5, but they were pushed back in favor of Darth Maul's Revival.

8. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Yeah but if that's the case I think they would have edited it to take Adi out of it right?

If they didn't then that's just silly...

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    What was that music they used during the Obi/Adi vs. Bros fight? Seemed suitably Sith-like.

10. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Airing this show in anachronnic order just makes things even more confusing.

Garth Maul likes this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I like green goo better....

Funny, I didn't even notice it coming from Maul's leg, just Savage's arm.

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It was coming out of Maul's leg to... but it was in the middle of all the orange background and it was harder to see.

13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011

14. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Definitely one of the more stronger pieces of Clone Wars music. I'm glad they reprised that from the Nightsisters arc. :)

15. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Sure, Adi on the Council could be chalked up to a mistake in episode order, but why can't it be proof that she survived Revival? After all, since we never saw a body, resurrection is a possibility See how that rule can come back to bite you, LFL? :p

On the subject of Obi-Wan, I thought that his fight with the Sith brothers was the best of the series so far. I didn't think his change in fighting style was that jarring since he used Ataru as a Padawan. Just because he favors Soresu at this point in his life doesn't mean he can't use some acrobatics when the need arises.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Was that necessary?

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    It's half the dialogue from the episode.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Removed.

Posting on behalf of banned user is not permitted.
    Please don't do that again. -Sx3

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

21. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Remind me to count how many times "brother" will be mentioned this season.

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh! Is that the drinking word then?

23. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    *falls over dead and bloated*

24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    7 for Revival.

25. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I did enjoy this episode but I felt that Adi's death was underdone. She should've gone out in a big way.