main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why can't I DISLIKE posts in this new-fangled forum?!

2. Interesting Lurker

Interesting Lurker Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2012
    This episode reminded me why I like the series better than the dumb micro-series.

A 9/10 from me. Only thing that stops it from getting a 10/10 is Adi's pointless death. Seriously, that could have been ANY Jedi.

But overall, it was the best season premiere thus far.

3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I liked that Maul is trying to build up his forces, although it failed in this episode. It makes sense that he would. Hondo is a good character and becoming one of my favorite neutral characters. He's got stones. He strikes me as a cross between Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbosa from Pirates of the Caribbean.

cwustudent and Darth Vader like this.
  4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Because they want this to be a happy place.

CT-867-5309 and rumblewagon like this.
  5. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It sounds more like Ian Abercrombie doing his Mr. Pitt persona from Seinfeld. Probably a line of dialogue they missed and he had to redo it later which makes it sound out of place.

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe they had some stock sound clips and had to use one. I would have just left the line out personally. It's REALLY obvious on my studio monitors.

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Dude. Are you telling me the guy who's been playing Darth Sidious in TCW this whole time and just died was Mr. Pitt from Seinfeld?

Mind = seriously ******* blown.

8. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    And Alfred from Birds of Prey, one of the few good things that show had going for it. Also, he was Ganthet on the new Green Lantern show, basically Palpatine's good-guy opposite. I'm pretty sad he's gone, truth be told.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Considering that there is not enough alcohol on the planet, I doubt it.

10. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Hmmm, I dunno. This episode didn't really strike me as anything fantastic. It had a pretty interesting plot, and the dialogue was good, but the way it was delivered sometimes was just eh. And that stupid scene with Savage throwing some weird sort of tantrum and knocking over boxes and pushing over chairs. What did he have to be angry about? It's not like those security droids were difficult to take care of or anything. And what the heck's up with all the exaggerated motions for when characters are speaking? When Maul was sweet-talking that first Weequay dude (Jiro I think), the Weequay wouldn't stop moving! His head was wobbling all over the place like a bobblehead and he was waving and flapping his arms like some sort of bizarre bird. And then look at Maul! He barely moves when he's talking and its way more impressive. We get it animators, your characters aren't marionette dolls anymore, but this doesn't mean they have to be so exaggerated. It was really just that scene though, for the rest of the episode it was pretty spot on.

Minor annoyances really, but it sucked some of my enjoyment out of the episode for me. I did dig the pirate mutiny plot and the combat though, and Hondo's new bling. : D

Spazmatron likes this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    :(

12. Eternal_Hero

Eternal_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2012
    Did anyone else pick up on the mythical element of the Maul/Savage story?

They remind me of the many battling brothers of mythology, especially Cain/Abel (I think the point of showing the green energy of Talzin bleeding from Savage's body is to allow him to return to his original state), Isaac and Esau, Remus and Romulus and (lesser known, to westerners anyway) Duryodhana and Karna from Mahabharata.

13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Director was Steven Melching, writer was Chris Collins (The Wire), and the production number was 4.26...

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I can understand that, however I can't agree. For me the enjoyment of reading Obsession is greatly limited due to the fact that most of the plot is rendered null. It was clearly intended to be Adi's final appearance, given the speech she makes before Grievous kills her. I just can't enjoy it so much anymore given that the closure it brings for Asajj and the lead-in to RotS (this was the last comic chronologically before the film) don't occur now. "The action packed lead-in to Revenge of the Sith", with two plus seasons of TCW after that.

For me this will always be Adi's final moments:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [face_not_talking]

Dark Lord Tarkas and Zeta1127 like this.
  15. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    No that "FAIL" wasn't aimed at you or your points. I meant it as a supra-nets speak about CW "fail" in my example of fans saying something was pointless but if it wasn't there they'd say it was needed

no offense meant [face_peace]

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Cool comic art, but even though her death was poorly executed in Revival, being killed by a cyborg who's been trained to threateningly twirl lightsabers is still way worse than being killed respectably after zero character development.

17. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    In your opinion, Tarkas. ;) Don't state it like a fact.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    It is my assertion, stating it as a fact was a stylistic choice. You may reply to the substantive aspects of the statement as well if you wish.

19. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I've discussed the canon surrounding Grievous' competence and mastery of all lightsaber Forms, his hyper-computer enhanced brain, his clawed and magnetized feet which prevent him being affected by Force push and you repeatedly ignored canon as my interpretation. Why should I bother discussing it when you're unwillingly to accept canon?

Darth__Syphilis and Zeta1127 like this.
  20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Someone with no Force abilities cannot master the use of a lightsaber the same way a Force-user can, you're right that I'm unwilling to accept "because canon says so" as sufficient explanation as to why I might be wrong about that. Having a computer brain is not the same as being able to sense things before they happen. Claws and magnets versus the Force? Should I start reciting OT lines about how powerful the Force is again?

ArrogantJedi likes this.
  21. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Because the force just makes you better than everyone else, right?

22. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    That would at least help resist a force push. (Commando droids in The Citadel) I also agree that force-users would have the advantage here.

23. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Jedi die, many Jedi.

Darth__Syphilis and Zeta1127 like this.
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Have you watched the OT?

25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012