main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Still Got It Going On. L/M; Ben/OC. One-shot!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 2, 2012.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Still Got It Going On

Author: Jade eyes

Genre: Mush & Characters: A more mature L/M.

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun & Tegwen is Briannakin's. :cool:

~~~~~

Tegwen and Ben were visiting Ben's folks on the Chandrilan East Coast with the grandkids and the puppies in tow.

Luke and Mara were in the kitchen making brownie-fudge.

Luke was marvelling at even with some streaks of silver in Mara's sunset curls, she still looked hot to him. Her figure still fit in that delightful dancing costume that looked like scarves. ;) And those eyes of hers ...

Mara grinned. "You're thinking about how you can sneak a couple bites of this raw batter, aren't you?"

"More like how I sneak a few nibbles of you." He answered and grabbed her, tickling her sides and kissing her at one and the same time.

Tegwen opened the kitchen door to get a bottle of frue-berry juice for Ayumi, their oldest child, from the cooling unit. She saw her in-laws totally engaged near the cooking island, and smirked and silently closed the door.

"Did you get it?" Ben asked.

"Um ... your folks were ... busy." She replied and winked.

Ben laughed. "Well, I'm not surprised, given what I found them doing one time when I walked in on them in the garage!"

Tegwen laughed in turn. "They still got it going on, don't they?"

"I don't know who needs to keep up with whom. I believe it's a tie!"

They did eventually get their sweet treat, but it took a while. [face_rofl]

Tegwen thought -- I hope Ben and I are like Dad and Mum when we're their age.

+++++

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Woot! That was fun!

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Woot! That was so much fun! Exactly what I needed this morning! In my cannon, LM still had it going on even when there was great-grandchildren in toe!

You can borrow Tegwen for fun little viggies like this any time!

I was actually thinking about Dawning this morning. This makes me want to visit my canon again for a small third installment. If only Darth Real life would stop trying to smother me.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Luke with Mara alive and enjoying grandkids

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Super cute :D!! Wish they hadn't killed Mara...because this is how it should be!!

Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  5. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    Totally agree!!

Glad you posted more mush, Jade_eyes, I really needed that. :D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I needed that too. :)
    The perfect mush to end my day. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I refuse to believe it! :mad: Luke will wake up from a really, really bad dream where he believed his wife died. He will tell Mara and she will laugh and then they will do some bootknocking. Then they will make brownies for their grandchildren!

How come the Star Wars powers to be can bring back every popular SW character that died, but not Mara?

I saw Boba Fett die in the sarlac...but he's alive and well. I saw Darth Maul get chopped in half by Obi-Wan, but now I see him on TCW with some weird mechanical legs.

Let's start a petition to get Mara back (like we got Boba back...not the way Maul came back). Oh...a plot bunny just came to me!:eek: [runs off to write something].

Anyway, nice story!

Hazel likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi_Lover, I totally agree - and those two you mentioned - they're just icky -- not cool like Mara Jade from second #1. :p I think they like to leave the hot Jedi high and dry -- Luke and Kyp both -- although Kyp's hotness comes through mostly through ff, actually. [face_laugh] [face_love]

Hazel likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ummm...yeah...I think the Kyp hottness is from fangirl fanfiction. I don't want to insult the Kyp lovers, but when he is described in the profics I always picture in my mind an aging hippie. I think the last time he was described he had his long greying hair pullled back in a ponytail. Maybe because I was in the military, but Jag is the hot one for Jaina. You got to love a man in uniform with a nice military haircut.

Poor Luke. The one thing I didn't like in my last fanfiction is that Luke's wife died at 40ABY and he is projected to live past one hundred....so is he looking at 50 years without a wife? I can see Luke not moving on if his wife died when he was 80 years old, but Luke in the EU is considered middle aged. I just can't see Luke staying celibate for 50 years. I think he should either get Mara back somehow or the authors should give him a new love interest. And not somebody creepy and not somebody created for Luke to fall for in one book. I think a character should be introduced and over the period of five or ten years of books with Luke having platonic interactions with this woman...if the fans like her even the L/M 'shippers will be clammering for Luke to remarry. It can happen, but you have to have the fans to want it. Just like Mara was introduced and the fans are screaming for Luke and Mara to hook up for ten years! It can work. It is an unpopular opinion, but I hate seeing Luke without a mate for so long. And I don't think anybody can pull off a Luke/OC in fanfiction because they will need multiple stories for fans to warm up to a potential romantic interest.

I guess it could be done quicker if Luke's love interest is a woman already established in the books. Maybe Corran dies and Mirax starts working with Luke and over the period of five years their friendship becomes more. I am just throwing out that name because I can't think of many other women in Star Wars.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I've thought about this too. I think the girl would have to be very different from Mara and couldn't upstage Mara, I'm not sure I would be entirely apposed to Luke remarrying. Although I don't think it's ever gonna happen so we don't have to worry about the girl being creepy.