main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Neimoidian/Duros Collection

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Kweh-chan, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    Hello!

(I hate to sound like such a noob, but I sincerely hope I'm posting this in the right place - I did look for a collection-dedicated thread, but to no avail. If I've made a faux pas, I will do whatever I can to rectify it.)

While I do have a main (and HUGE) Star Wars collection, I have, for the past three years, been developing a rather large Neimoidian and Duros sub-collection; I imagine it's the largest of its kind. I have just posted pictures today, and hoped to share them with you all. For those with slower connections, the link is very image-heavy.

http://kweh-chan.tumblr.com/post/31616937225/i-think-its-about-time-i-show-off-my-neimoidian-duros

So what do you say? A waste of time? Time well spent? Too obsessed? I've probably spent far too much money for a university student...

I have no regrets - I adore them all!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    [vader]Most impressive..[/Vader]

What is the large figure in the second pic - was that an advertising giveaway or something like that?

3. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thank you very much!

The large figure is actually a drinking cup; there's a straw in the back, but the angle of the photo obscures it. KFC/Pizza Hutt/Taco Bell were selling them when Episode I came out.

4. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I love the little dollies, those are awesome. Cad Bane dolly just needs a teeny tiny hat. XD
    Did you buy them somewhere or are they home-made?

5. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Haha, thank you! They're home-made. Cad Bane actually has a hat, it's just hidden behind him, because he won't fit on the shelf if he's wearing it.

6. Mayla

Sep 4, 2012
    Really? That's great. I love seeing home-made stuffs. :)
    Is the pattern available anywhere, per chance?

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Very nice! Those Galactic Heroes used to be Duros ones right?

8. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Yes! I have plans to make several more, too!

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  9. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thank you!

I don't actually use patterns...I just sew it.

10. Mayla

Sep 4, 2012
    Aw. Well that's pretty impressive! :D

11. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thank you! 8D

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Wow awesome collection - I love seeing collections when people specialize in things. Are those custom 12" figures that I saw there?

13. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Great collection - Thanks very much for the post & link. I didn't realize there were so many Neimoidian/Duros collectibles out there. I especially like the masks & what look like custom 12" figures. I hope that Sideshow eventually releases 12" figures of the Neimoidians & Duros.

Also, seeing these also make me wish Hasbro would come out with the other Duros character from the ANH cantina- years ago they came out with the Duros/Ellorrs Madak figure with the alien hands, but they still don't have a figure of the Duros with human/gloved hands.

14. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thanks very much! Those are, indeed :). They're rather battered, having travelled across the Atlantic several times, and will need fixing up.

Thank you! Nor did I until I actually started collecting them. Even I'm surprised by this point that I'm still finding new items. I would ADORE some 12" Neimoidians; the fact that we got a 1/6 scale Darth Sidious Mechno Chair gives me some hope.

I would love an updated Duros, period. It would be great if Hasbro released some Cantina packs again, and included a set with the two Duros.

15. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    This thread has made me re-interested in revisiting the original Neimoidian figures from Episode 1 (1999), and in doing so I again realized how extremely well-sculpted these figures are for the time. These were in the 2nd/3rd?! wave of EP 1 figures that came out in '99, and if you look at the first wave of figures (Obi-wan, Qui-Gon, etc.) many of them are not that detailed. However, the Neimoidians Rune Haako & Nute Gunray are amazing - very well-done, with superb face sculpts & incredible detail re: the robes, etc. They really stand out amongst some of the other bland figures from that line.

Re: the Duros, I agree a new two-pack with both Duros from the Cantina would be fantastic. This would probably be an exclusive, though. Maybe with the hype re: the new, forthcoming SW films something like this will come out in the next several years (keeps fingers crossed....)

16. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    I agree; for the time, the Gunray and Haako figures were outstanding in terms of sculpt, paint, detailing, etc. It's a pity they lack in articulation; I'm hoping we may get an update or an Episode III version at some point in the future which will rectify that. Interesting to note, however, that the holo Nutes have elbow articulation, unlike the normal Nute figure.

Even as an exclusive, I would be more than happy to shell out for a nice Duros two-pack! There's still hope if they decide to include some Duros in the sequels.

TreborSabreon likes this.