main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This thread went from talking about the episode Revival to talks of canon and the force :p

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Because you were referring to me as a 'he' when I am not. You made an assumption. I don't like it when people make assumptions about me when the facts can be easily checked.

Spazmatron likes this.
  3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    And that relates to the discussion how? It just seems to prove my point that you are easily offended and you should have no right to tell people not to be upset.

4. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Edit: Whatever

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I try to stay out of these discussions for fear of getting into "don't talk about other user" territory and just fanning the flames, but pointing out what one seems to feel are inconsistancies is not necessarily feeling threatened by the other viewpoint (and that goes for both sides of this "controversy"). Unfortunately there's too much (for me) talking past each other and no one really listens to the "other view" anymore. Lines have been drawn in the Tatooine sand.

Let's talk the episode.

+Obi-Wan
    +Hondo

I'm "meh" on the green mist. I can take it or leave it, although it appears to "leave" Maul and Savage, both - ha, a bad joke.

6. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    This argument has gone on for pages, and neither side is getting anywhere so the entire argument is pointless. Yes, things have been retconned, but what can you do? Complaining about it on the forum is not going to get you anywhere. Its only going to stress you out to make you more angry and then the positive posters on the forums get stressed by having to read negative posts all the time. Sure we can say that Adi's death might have been meaningless, but arguing about it for like 20+ pages is just plain stupid.

hlc88 likes this.
  7. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Merely pointing out hypocrisy. Still feel free to be offended by my posts if you want to. Just don't act like you are somehow better because you like the show and say others have no right to complain.

Zeta1127, Esg and Mzukiller like this.
  8. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh calm down, asking a question =/= Being offensive

Zeta1127, Esg and Valairy Scot like this.
  9. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    First half was a question, second half was an offense...

10. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    Never said i was better.

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Guys bring it down a notch.

Spazmatron likes this.
  12. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Turn it up and bring the house down.

13. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    I think its been down for a while =/

14. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    Now you're complaining that we're complaining? Great Logic

Zeta1127 and Esg like this.
  15. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    I'm speaking about everyone who has been in this discussion, including myself. I'm human and I'm not perfect... Don't know why you seem to think I'm high on self esteem..

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Once again, few if any have ever said "you (general you) have no right to be upset." But sometimes it seems that when someone does express an opinion that the same views being repeatedly posted and on multiple threads are getting repetitious, it is taken as a demand to change your opinion. This "canon debate" is dominating LACWAC in the sense that it spreads across multiple threads. It IS pertinent to many threads, others less so, and yet, few new things are being said.

Regardless of how you (general you) feel about it, we all know that Grevious has been "neutered" in the view of many, Adi and Even's deaths "ruined their EU appearances," etc. Yes, it has. Many care, and deeply care. Many don't care that much.

Back to the episode:

It was a bit strange to have Anakin sitting in on the last scene, but perhaps as someone else pointed out, it was Palps subtle way of trying to insert Anakin into the "upper echelons" of the Order.

Garth Maul: saw your post AFTER I posted this. If you think this post needs toning down, please let me know or edit it. I've been trying hard not to fan any flames or anything.

17. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    Can you explain to me what self esteem has to do with this? 'Cause now it seems like you're just trying to get the sympathy vote.

Zeta1127 and Esg like this.
  18. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I see defense withought honor. Let them burn

19. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If he had said something in the scene then maybe his appearance would have been necessary but he didn't. Though it is probably Palps trying to interfere with the Jedi again.

20. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    My impression of that scene was somewhat different. Anakin kept looking towards Obi-Wan and giving not-quite-eyerolls when Palpatine kept dismissing the Maul threat. I think Obi-Wan may have actually brought Anakin with him to provide a sort of intuitive moral support. Darth Maul's resurrection is a personal matter for Anakin as well, since he's never quite gotten Darth Maul killing Qui-Gonn, so I believe Anakin and Obi-Wan are on the same 'Maul must die again!' page on this front.

21. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    That's certainly a possible explanation, but they already had weapons of their own and know they work, why would the trade them out? As usual Tarkas, a very thorough review.

22. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    There was no point in him being in that scene other than just background detail... Kind of odd he didn't have any lines.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  23. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    TreborSabreon and Spazmatron like this.
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    First, I think you should value accuracy over hyperbole if you're going to take this discussion seriously. I never said Force-users were infinitely better, I said it's better for a member of the Jedi Council to be killed by a powerful Force-user than someone with Force-powers whatsoever.

And you're damn right. The OT is what makes and defines the Star Wars saga. The EU is extra stuff to take or leave as I see fit. If something is a critical part of the films, like how powerful the Force is, that makes it a certified part of the story. Something appearing in a book is not the same. So yes, I absolutely think "because the OT says so" is a valid supporting argument while "because the EU says so" is not.

AkashKedavra_93 and Spazmatron like this.
  25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Cover is for cowards. Real men stand there and don't get hit.

26. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    ;)