main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 11/29/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Dang it Yobi, do you always have to end on a cliffhanger? [face_sigh]

Actually, with the exception of the last post, shouldn't that be "really, really short"? :p

Huh, I thought this was Yobi:
    [​IMG]
    8-}

In other news, I've been trying out the RE6 demo. Been having fun with that. And some small movie called The Avengers. :cool:

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    An army of lucky shots :p

We'll get all the details on what happened to Kyle since we last saw him about 20 chapters ago (Chapter 29, "The Seeker", I believe)

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Well, he does seem to have survived either way, so that's something :p

No, I mean something entierly different :p You'll see in a week though O:)

Great to see you again, man :D

You do know that there was another post before this short one, right? On page 50? Hope you didn't miss it and read this new chapter first.

Yeah, I really missed posting and talking to all of you about the story. Glad to see so many of you have returned :)

Thanks for reading and replying :D

The thing about me and cliffhangers began when I was a small child. One day when I was wandering through the woods by myself, I found this strange box hidden beneath a fallen oak tree that had long since rotted. It had an ornate design decorated in black scrolling loops and hooks, gilded edges and fastenings, and when I opened it I

I'm not gonna lie: the resemblence is uncanny [face_thinking]
    8-}

I haven't tried to RE6 demo yet, but I will probably download it sometime. I also haven't watched the Avengers yet (I believe I'm the only person in the world at this point), but it's sitting in a nice red netflix envelope on my dinning room table right now, so I will probably watch it some time this weekend :cool: Hope it's good.

Thanks again, everyone. I should have the next chapter up by Friday October 5th.

anakin_sal-solo likes this.
  3. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Now I'm really curious. The next chapter is... a film? ...a poem? (that would make my day -- The Ballad of Kyle Katarn, told by Himself) ...a twenty-chapter-spanning epic tale all rolled into one thundering portmanteau word that would make James Joyce pale with envy? ...the possibilities! 8-}

You're really good at this, you know. [face_nail_biting]:p

4. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Have you seen the reviews for this yet? Gamespot and everyone else is pretty much destroying it... :eek:

[face_laugh]

It will be something completely different. The only chapter in the series like this so far, and the only one there will be. I'll just leave it at that :p

5. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    *Sits, waiting for update. Considers forming that team to help out our heros.*

I've learned not to trust game reviews after all the "perfect scores" ME3 got. And you know what I've said about it. :p My opinion on it so far? Not "The Best Game I've Ever Played," but it hasn't made me want to throw something either (well... not for story reasons, at any rate 8-} ). I'll pm some thoughts if you're interested. Although I gotta say, my comparison of Chris and Anakin Jr was (sort of) apropos... :p

Oh, and as for what's different/unique about this chapter? I'm guessing... first person POV, maybe?

6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Huh, it's the 6th, and no update. Talk about a cliffhanger, although I already know where Sekot is.

Sigh, well, whenever you can update Yobi, we'll all be waiting.

Crosses fingers that this isn't that start of another 6 month hiatus.

7. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    :mad: God Dammit! I did not get an Alert for that small chapter. :mad:

Is Zenoma Sekot the 'heart' of that weapon that Malig is building. I always had a feeling it might be.

8. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Sorry guys, I didn't have the chapter done by Friday and was out of town most of Friday and today. Will try to get things finished up in the next day or two.[face_peace]

9. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Yay! The suspense is killing us :p

10. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    Can we get an ETA?

11. anakin_sal-solo

anakin_sal-solo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 2, 2011
    ETA- sometime next summer

12. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    In two years, as well :p

13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I do not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation. We must find new ways of motivating YodaKenobi. He must double his efforts in order to complete the story on schedule, for Darth Malig is not as forgiving as we are. He is most displeased with the apparent lack of progress.

JStepp, GrandMasterKatarn and Rew like this.
  14. JStepp

Jun 10, 2011
    Have we seen Jacen's reaction to the destruction of the jedi order yet? I can't remember...

15. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    No, that hasn't come yet.

I think Yobi said somewhere it's actually going to be a while before we check in on Malig and Havok again.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Very poignant, and it is good to see Kyle survived. I am really looking forward to this theory.

17. JStepp

Jun 10, 2011
    YodaKenobi your our only hope! We need this story!

18. anakin_sal-solo

anakin_sal-solo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 2, 2011
    so this is going to be released in 2016 right? because u've been signed by disney to make a "movie" right?............ [face_praying] plz god plz[face_praying]

19. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    At this rate, Episode VII will be finished before The End of All Light. :p

20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    It's sad that you're probably right Rew.

Its always a shame when authors abandon their fanfics.

I guess YodaKenobi just doesn't care about this series anymore or the fans he's got.

Too bad :(

YodaKenobi likes this.
  21. cthugha

Sep 24, 2010
    QFT -- now more than ever.

If they reboot the EU because of Ep.VII, I'm going to declare the Yobiverse my personal canon -- after all, it's the only version of the EU that promises to give me some closure (aside from being utterly awesome, of course).

22. cthugha

Sep 24, 2010
    Don't pout -- Yobi has rebounded from longer breaks, and he has told us more than once that he is going to finish this one. I believe him, and I don't care how long he takes.

Also, in the words of Neil Gaiman, Yodakenobi is not your bitch. [face_not_talking]

23. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    QFT

24. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Forget the sequel trilogy. This is how I've been looking at canon ever since LotF: Invincible. :p

JStepp likes this.
  25. JStepp

Jun 10, 2011
    The only reason I've read the Post TUF EU is because its the "official story" and I'm curios. Once the EU is no longer the official story I won't be buying it or reading it, why would I pay for official fan fiction when I get 10000000000000X better quality FOR FREE! And I can communicate with the creator and give feedback!