main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Nah, I'd say the large majority of LACWACers are in that category, Valairy.

There aren't too many people who unconditionally love or hate everything about TCW.

2. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I still say the finale is going to be that Fives arc/centered episode(s) that was discussed in some interview.

3. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Perhaps, but Tarkin is supposed to appear at the end of the season... curious how fives could fit in there.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Filoni mentioned that by the end of the season the Republic will have taken rather large steps into the direction of the Empire, due in no small part to the "Tarkins of the galaxy." From the episode plots that have been deduced/speculated on, I'm not really seeing anywhere in which this would be occurring.

For instance there is the Onderon arc, Droid arc, Clovis episodes, conclusion of Maul/Mandalore, Asajj vs. Ahsoka in the underworld, and an attack on the temple (could be same as arc with Ahsoka and Asajj). But in none of that can I really see Tarkin and a shift toward the Empire happening. I'm guessing that will be the final arc, though there's been speculation (or has it been confirmed?) that the Young Jedi won't be part of the season, in which case there might be room mid-season for such an arc.

The trivia section for Revival at SW.com states that the attack on Florrum by Grievous that Hondo references will be depicted in a later episode(s), but it also states that some fans got to see it at C6. Did that happen in the Young Jedi arc? If so, that could suggest that it will be part of this season.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    Yeah Hondo got his base owned in young jedi after obi wan lost a space battle to grevious. Tarkins episode will be interesting, thats all i know... for good or worse

6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    So...

1,14,15,16-Maul/Mauldalore
    2,3,4,5-Onderon
    6,7,8,-Padmé/Clovis
    9,10,11,12-Droids?
    13,17-22-Ahsoka/Ventress; Fives(?)

Spazmatron likes this.
  7. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012

Very interesting. I think we've seen clips from every arc except for the last one - which will probably be a two part arc involving Tarkin. Filoni also made an interesting comment at CVI about there being one thing he didn't show in the trailer because it was going to be a "shocker" at the "level of Maul's return" that he wanted to save for later. Will that have something to do with Tarkin and the early stages of the Death Star for the final 2 part arc?

Also, at Star Wars Weekends this year, Filoni said we would get an arc showing the rise of various officers that will serve the Empire. Maybe even a young Thrawn working with Tarkin on the early stages of the Death Star? It wouldn't surprise me if Thrawn or the early stages of the Death Star is the big "shocker" from Season 5 that we will see in the final two episodes.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    What am I supposed to do, say nothing? Then they will just ruin something else, and so on, until there is nothing left that I love about Star Wars. And by the way, my statement you so rudely responded to still stands.

9. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    On the subject of whether the final episodes with be Tarkin or Fives centric, I think it'd be interesting if they were both. Fives and Tarkin are remarkably different people. We've got a guy willing to risk punishment and death to save his comrades, and we've got a guy more interested in ingratiating himself with the Chancellor. The clones lack that sort of ambition; they're not interested in rising through the ranks or doing something for a payoff, they're very service-minded, whether toward an ideal like the Republic or just their brothers. Imagine an episode or two that contrasted those two radically different viewpoints, showing how the Republic slides from being defended by self-sacrificing soldiers to self-obsessed glory hounds.

AkashKedavra_93 and Spazmatron like this.
  10. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    My thoughts exactly. There isn't enough room in the season to give fives an arc. A single parter or 2 parter, maybe, but it would make sense to mix him in with someone else.

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Well, he is the Senate, after all... and who better to bring the brothers to justice?

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Well Filoni has also talked about the rise of the "Tarkins" being linked to the idea that the Jedi aren't generals, but that ironically they are the generals the galaxy needed since they protect the Republic and are not corrupted. It could be an arc involving the rise of a proper, rigid, military leadership and how clones deal with that. Filoni's remark is vague regarding the Republic looking much more like the Empire by the end of the season. That could be anything. If by the end military officers are beginning to crop up in leadership roles, come into conflict with the Jedi, give Palpatine a greater ability to micromanage the war, and treat the clones more like numbers rather than humans, that in itself could be enough.

I'm still ultimately hoping for a Death Star episode eventually. Though that would make the most sense being built by the CIS rather than the Republic IMO.

cwustudent and Spazmatron like this.
  13. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    Jar Jar Binks, of course.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  14. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I'm confused..

15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Sw.com doesn't state later episodes though regarding the Florrum attack. It says in 'a story yet to be told'. It doesn't specifically say later in the season. There are conflicting reports about this, the Young Jedi thing though. At the screening its been reported that this may be the only time it is seen - why say that if its a part of Season 5? Others have reported that it isn't a part of TCW, so it can't be part of S5. It probably once was but no longer...

Don't forget that Maul is meant to appear in more then 4 episodes this season - so there will be another arc that he'll appear in. As well as, what was it called, The Void singular episode that has been mentioned as well? It could be possible that Fives plays a big role in Onderon and that is his arc. And if Tarkin is meant to be appearing too well we're getting quite a full up season. Some things must come together and happen in some arcs already known about for it all to fit.

16. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Sidious = Sid Justice.

[​IMG]

17. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That's really what I want to see, the contrast between the clone and non-clone officers. We've got canon (I know, I know... "Canon? LOLZ!") examples all across the board in this regard, with officers like Gilad Pellaeon in No Prisoners and True Colors noted for treating the clones well and as equals, while others like Arikakon Baraka from The Cestus Deception are disgusted with having to serve alongside them. The non-clone officers in the show itself...they don't have much on-screen interaction with the clones beyond firing off an order here and there, but I can't recall any instance of outright disrespect, though the Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia notes that clone naval officers are often looked down upon by their non-clone peers.

One of the best scenes from the novel Order 66, in my opinion, was when the non-clone ensign started insulting an ARC trooper captain for dining in a Republic warship's officer mess because he found them inferior despite the fact the captain significantly outranked him. Long story short, the ARC captain disagreed and a headbutt later, had the bleeding ensign sputtering an apology, only to be backed by other non-clone officers who supported the clones. I loved that. And I would like to see some of that tension, if not quite that violently resolved, to appear in the show.

That's hilarious. I mean, I see that as representative of the sad mindset a lot of parents seem to have today that their child is so emotionally and mentally fragile, that an item that even remotely looks like a dildo—and really, that's stretching it by a long shot—is going to completely ruin their child forever. That they're going to be scarred for life because there's a scantily clad dancer in a background shot. It's stupid, people being far too sensitive for their own good and their kid's, and just looking for something to complain about.

18. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    That guys got a thick neck..

19. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    That's my bad in misremembering what the trivia section said when I read through it this morning. However, I've heard no confirmation one way or the other that the arc would not be part of Season 5. It was in the Season 5 trailer relatively recently. If they pulled it from the S5 schedule last second, I would not have thought that they would have 4 backup episodes conveniently handy on such short notice to replace it in the schedule. Granted, I haven't been following the details of the YJ arc that much, but AFAIK I thought the idea that it was not part of TCW was just fan speculation given that it lacked the TCW opening.

20. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    A lot of healthy food and training...

...and steroids.

[face_shhh]

21. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    In the past I've dug up a picture taken from I believe Grievous Intrigue that shows the bridge of a Venator with all the consoles being operated by clones. Compare that to ESB and all the consoles are obviously not being run by clones (or at least not Jango clones). But even at the end of ROTS there isn't a Jango clone in sight on the bridge. Unless the end of ROTS jumps forward a year or two from the rest of the movie, I take that to mean that the Jango clones will have to be phased out of their positions as naval personnel during the war. Could be the result of prejudice amongst the ranks of non-clone officers and Palpatine appeasing loyalist officers by removing clones(?)

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  22. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    A few shots of it appeared in the first S5 trailer released in May but none of it appeared in the S5 celebration trailer. If Young Jedi is part of the season then there is really no room for anything else considering what we know of the season.

1 - Maul
    2-5 - Onderon
    6-8 - Clovis
    9-12 - Droids (just for placement purposes)
    13 - The Void episode that's been mentioned (placement purposes)
    14 - 16 - Maul/Mando
    17-20 - Young Jedi (placement purposes)
    21-22 - Ventress/Ahsoka arc (placement purposes)

If Young Jedi is in the season then there is no room for the Tarkin story nor for another few Maul episodes.

I think its partly fan speculation that it isn't a part of TCW anymore because of the various things that have been reported from Celebration about it. Various people have said differing things but if its in S5, there is no room for another two arcs that we have been told exist for this season. Unless Tarkin is involved in the Temple arc... people going against the Jedi... a perfect time for Empire people to start going up the ranks...

23. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    Young Jedi is gone they already confirmed that.

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Young Jedi is confirmed to be not apart of Season 5.

1 - Maul
    2-5 - Onderon
    6-8 - Clovis
    9-12 Mauldalore
    13-15 - Droids
    16-19 - Ventress/Ahsoka.
    20-22 - Tarkin/all of the space battles we saw in the trailers, etc.

Spazmatron likes this.
  25. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    Which is interesting.

Also, Filoni actually said that there would be more Fives stuff coming,but that it won't necessarily be in this season. So, lots of clones in season six? It seems probable.