main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    IMO "Canon" should be a banned word as it seems everyone gets, well, no where... lol

Sorry if I offended anyone on this thread.

2. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    Also any more news on who is voicing palps now? It would be really cool if we got the actor because then the sidious voice would be all evil like it is in the films. In this show it sounds just like palpatine...

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    sorry for saying this but he is Palpatine [face_laugh]

I think McDiarmid should voice Palps since he is the original

4. Eternal_Hero

Eternal_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2012
    I loved the green mist, myself. I hope that was more than just a nifty visual. To really play out the established mythology (reference: Dooku in "Massacre") the absence of the green matter = a lessening of Mother Talzin's influence or control. I'd love to see Savage "waking up" and finding himself in his present situation - the story possibilities are huge! If they really wanted to go gonzo (please please go gonzo!!) the nature of the wound - made by a lightside weapon -- could be the reason the power of Talzin was purged from Savage's body :)

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    TFU Palpatine (Witwer) was pretty spot-on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KB5jj9jcXPo#t=273s

If he can avoid falling into the Maul/the Son angsty-voice, I think he could do it.

6. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    No no no you misunderstand me... I mean Sidious in the clone wars sounds like palpatine. He is missing that deep ugly voice of a sith lord...

And I hope they get McDiarmid too because then the show just gets more awesome :D

Darth Vader likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Didn't he also do Marek as well?

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    This would be a dream, but I don't think it would happen.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    me neither

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Some people said new Palps at the end of Revival sounded very much like Tim Curry and I have to agree. Not crazy about it.

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm gonna be ticked if that's what he sounds like for the rest of the show that wasn't recorded by Ian.

Spazmatron likes this.
  12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, I was kinda having not-so-positive thoughts about what it'd be like if it sounded just like Tim Curry the whole time, every time Palps speaks... :(

13. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't even think the line we got in Revival even somewhat sounds like Palps. :(

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I cannot lie. This is immediately what came to mind for me at that moment in Revival:

[​IMG]

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yup.

16. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    What in the...

17. Ferus Olin

Ferus Olin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2012
    Exactly! While it was an awesome episode they could of used Eeth Koth or some other jedi instead of Adi Gallia. Same in the Citadel Trilogy when Even Piell's death was overwritten which frustrates me especially me being a fan of the Coruscant Nights trilogy

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Unfortunately, it's true that both Adi Gallia and Even Piell were killed with nearly no character development and could very easily have been original character Jedi to preserve EU. It does kinda feel like they're checklisting people a bit.

19. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Didn't like Gallia's death, TBH. Liked the fight, or fights overall though.

Hondo had the best lines. Jim Cummings is just that brilliant a Voice Actor.

Liked Palpatine's smile in the end.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Guys... I'm so tempted to do a fan edit of this episode with the one line from the new Palps taken out...

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

The problem is the attitude Lucas and his crew display in this video. If you are gonna kill of a Jedi that has been in the EU and people know him or her then spend more time in developing him or her so we could care a lot more when they are made to die in the new canon.
    Most people I ask about Gallia's death say that they liked the fight and the way she died but they DID NOT care for her at all. That happens after doing what you do expressed in the video.
    Stories and development of other Jedi can work in big arcs like it was done in the "Nute Gunray" arc of Season one or Ryloth. If it wasn't for Lair of Grievous or Cloak of Darkness, I would not care as much for Fisto or Luminara. But since Season Two, all the Jedi that have appeared have been just there... if Saaesee Tiin was to die in TCW and did not die in ROTS, I think I would not even care cause the guy has done nothing and has not expressed anything but stupid lines like "There haven't been battles like these since the days of the Old Republic".
    Point is that LF animation are doing is not helping their stories but hurting them.

Inblackestnight and Esg like this.
  22. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Can you rescore it with John Williams music too? :D

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    They should use more JW, but the score for the episode was decent I thought.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Seanthings

Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2012
  25. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    It's the only blemish to an otherwise amazing scene. What makes it that, IMO, is that the line which wasn't recorded by Ian Abercrombie was not a vital one. They could have left it out and every piece of information would have still been there. It sticks out like a sour thumb.

The crew would be better off to remove it from the episode when it comes out on Blu-Ray & DVD, preserving the outstanding delivery of the late actor without that distraction at the end.

hlc88 and TreborSabreon like this.