main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    #4: Seerow: What TCW episodes that fell below your expectations and which ones exceeded the hype?

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93

The bad

1. Shadow Warrior
    I knew this would be bad but didn't think it would be so bad. This episode was lame. The witch doctor thing was lame. The Gungan's suddenly wanting to attack following the whole going to rescue Padme thing, was off. Was there pretty much plan for this particular C.I.S. invasion? Gungan's really? The battle droids just somehow shut off. Grievous is a wimp. The trading him for Anakin thing should have been better explored. The only upturn was Jar Jar's meeting with Grievous which is kinda comical.

2. Pursuit of Peace
    I thought it couldn't get any lamer until "Shadow Warriow" came along.

3. Brain Invaders
    After two great episodes in this arc and a decent one this episode failed me. This one just bothers me. How Anakin just strangled Poggle and how when Ahsoka finally contacted Anakin he pretty much told her what to do. The whole freezing the worms thing was lame. Its possible my strong fandom for Animorphs also effected this episode as there are some unavoidable similarities between the worms and the Yeerks.

4. A Friend in Need
    Although I really enjoyed Lux's characters in this episode. I just didn't enjoy this episode as much as I would have liked and I was really looking forward to it. Oh that's subtle Ahsoka! It was rushed. It felt like some violence for the sake of it and alot of space vikings. It wasn't what I was expecting.

5. Brothers
    I had hopes TCW would knock this one out of the part and show me a bad idea could be turned into something awesome. Subsequence episodes have redeemed this but this one almost sunk the ship. The whole scene at the beginning in the dinner is just stupid. Fortunately things get a little better once we get to Lothos minor

The Good

1. Crisis on Naboo
    After The Box I expected this one would turn out with a weak ending. This episode pleasantly surprised me with lots of action and more importantly unfolding a bigger picture around the arc. It actually redeemed "The Box" for me. Even yet another fight between Anakin and Dooku looked spectacular. Palpatine's line toward the end is awesome.

2. Mercy Mission
    This episode could have turned out to be really stupid but for me it turned out to be hilarious

3. Supply Lines
    Master Di and Captain Keeli's last stand

4. Revival
    One of the best season premiers. I wasn't sure what to expect from this one.

5. Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    I would of thought one episode of this was enough and a giant monster rampaging on Coruscant was pushing it. This episode turned out great and even pulled some heart strings. Its also Palpatine's best episode so far. "Alot of the general's plans involve falling", is still funny.

3. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #5: Seerow: Which arc are you looking forward to the most for Season 5?

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93

Which ever arc Fives will be in. Since I'm not sure about that a better answer is the Maul/ Deathwatch arc. Mostly looking forward to finally some real continuation with Deathwatch's subplot.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    #4. What were your first thoughts after you saw the TCW movie for the first time @Todd the Jedi?

Ohhhhhhhh I did not like the "movie" called The Clone Wars. I saw it for the first time around the time of season 3 or so, maybe a little earlier, I can't remember. It was glaringly obvious where the split was, since it was originally going to be released as episodes rather than theatrically.

Everything that is wrong with the series can trace its origins to this movie, from the annoying humor of the B1s to Ahsoka's general demeanor and character. The villain was also an unfortunate precursor to the many inept bad guys featured in the series. Then there was the focus on Rotta, which caters to the kids but definitely not to people in my age range. The writing was godawful. Of course Padmé's gonna sweep in and save the day. Predictable. The dialogue makes AOTC look like a freaking masterpiece.

The ONLY good thing about this movie was the fact that Christopher Lee and Sam Jackson reprised their roles.

So, in a nutshell, my first thoughts were "Wow, this really sucks. Bad, stiff animation. Bad story and characters. [face_sick]. Still, the show's better now, so I guess I can ignore its horrible beginning."

Seerow

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  7. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #6: Which SW soundtracks have inspired you the most and which soundtrack overall do you find the best in the SW saga?

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    5. What is your theme song @Todd the Jedi?

That's a tough one. I think it would be a cross between "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones, "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO, and "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan.

Seerow

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93

You are going to force me to admit something terrible. I own but one SW soundtrack that was given to me as a gift a long time ago and its the only one I've heard in its entirety. I don't know much more than the Main Theme, Imperial March, and Force theme from the OT. So, I guess I'll have to go with TPM by default.

6. Todd the Jedi, how do you best like to watch your TV shows and movies? Do you have a cool mancave?

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Todd the Jedi: I'm gonna resort to your film list the next time I have to host a movie night.

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Barriss_Coffee I highly recommend doing so. Those are all five-star films, each one very enjoyable.[face_peace]

6. @Todd the Jedi, how do you best like to watch your TV shows and movies? Do you have a cool mancave?

Since the only HDTV in the house is in the family room on the first floor I watch most of my shows there. But my basement is fully furnished, enough that when we used to have bunk beds down there I slept there instead of my room for about half of middle school. So that's where I play all my video games and watch movies that aren't on demand upstairs.

I would definitely call it a mancave, my mom has certainly called it such. :p Once you take into account my drum set, dart board, LEGO collection and pull-out couch (got rid of the bunk beds years ago) it certainly fits the description. But of course, when I'm at school I have no choice but to watch the simple TV set in my dorm room.

And now that I think about it, I like to watch my movies best on the big screen. For me, nothing beats that atmosphere. I'll often take any opportunity to watch older films in a theatre.

Seerow

12. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #7: Seerow: Name your Top 10 characters in TCW.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

AkashKedavra_93

1. Cut Lawquane - It may simply be that I have a soft spot for dads that puts him as my number one. Jason Seaver, Danny Tanner, Jim Shannon, Mufasa, Darkwing Duck, Goliath, Van Hohenheim (who really shouldn't be in this laundry list of good dads). I'm a bit of a daddy's girl myself. Cut's interactions with his kids are so sweet; the way he hugs his kids, the sweet interaction of Shaeeah asking to go outside and play, the selfless defense against major bad odds. I also love optimists and this is one guy who seems like he would wake up everyday, see the sun on his world, and start humming "Brand New Day" by Jashua Raden (Not really, lol). Add to that his intelligence, the tragedy of losing his own Domino Squad, and pint up regret of his desertion. Yet all he really wants is to live in peace with his family.

2. Waxer - Is there a more iconic shot from TCW than when Waxer hugs Numa to try to comfort her when they are in her shattered house? Watching Waxer, a born and bred warrior acting so compassionately toward a cute little girl is like watching lion with a cub. Its profound. The way he approached her and was able to get down on her level so easily and was befriended by her was just touching. Waxer's tragic and dishonorable death in Carnage at the hands of his own brothers hit me the hardest of any character's death in TCW. The moral of "The costs of war can never be accounted for." really hits home in his final moments. In a way its okay since seeing Waxer in the Phase II armor in Darkness for the first time was uniquely disturbing to me.

3. Captain Rex - It amazes me it took me until "Jedi Crash" to really even notice the captain. Rex is awesome, he is a total badass. His armor is without a doubt my favorite of the clone troopers (Phase II twice as awesome) and no one wields duel blasters as cool as he does. I love to root for him. Give me more Rex fist fights Filoni! Rex's simple presence makes everything cooler for me. Seeing him in a preview clip makes me more excited for a new episode. I genuinely miss Rex when he isn't around. But there is more that draws me to the captain than just being a badass. Rex always had a cool mysterious stoicism which I liked earlier but his developing independent spirit, flexibility, practical intelligence, idealistic creativity, and veteran attitude contained within an equally mysterious personal honor code (which I suspect differs from the clones' oath) and sense of loyalty to his men and possibly to his friends. Thanks to "The Deserter" and the Umbaran arc and other bits along the way Rex is growing into one of the most complex and well developed characters in the TCW bag. And there are many,many, many places he can be taken from here. I can't wait to see the journey TCW will take him on and where it will end.

4. Fives - Seeing a pattern yet with my favorites yet? I've always liked Fives better than Echo. I've heard people describe him as cardboard with his name as the sum of his personality before. In my opinion Fives' personality has always been that of someone who is perpetually pissed off with a strong attitude. I like that about him and how in many ways he is every bit as independent as Cut is and yet has taken it in another direction. His 'not just another number' line is his personal homage to the fallen members of Domino Squad with the much less independent clone whose name really was the sum of much of his personality, Echo, the freshest in mind. A main concern for Fives seems to be protecting the lives of his fellow clones, especially Rex. I find that interesting. Beyond that he is now a badass ARC Trooper full of charisma who seems to be quite an influence on other clones. His traits almost got him killed twice in the Umbaran arc. The Umbaran arc did alot of catapult Fives up my list.

5. Captain Keeli - This clone was face planted by a grenade and got back up. I'm totally shallow with the placement of this character in my top Five. That's just badass.

6. Obi-wan Kenobi - Obi-wan is easily my favorite Jedi and certainly my favorite character in the prequels. He is wise, powerful, and apparently patient to a fault. He retains his spot on TCW as my favorite Jedi. This is another character whose presence on the screen is enough to make whatever is going on that much more interesting.

7. The Mando Sniper from "Duchess of Mandalore" - This guy was a total badass. He was one of the most frightening, capable, and credible threats I've seen on TCW. The sniper did his work of putting Satine within his cross hairs and nearly killed her a few times. He hardly spoke. He is easily the most memorable no name character in the series to me and almost kicked Obi-wan's ass.

8. Ima-Gun-Di - Master Di had a stupid name but he pulled on my heart strings in the face of his pretty hopeless situation and during his final stand he placed the resistance fighters on Ryloth getting their families to safety as high priority and gave his life making their exit possible. He held on until the republic supplies arrived. I felt he got more development in a single episode than a few TCW regulars have in four seasons which made him special.

9. Numa - The other half of what made "Innocents of Ryloth" so bittersweet, that endeared her to me. She was lonely and lost, it stands to reason she must have thought those two clones were monsters when she saw them. Its no wonder she bit Boil which took a lot of guts. She befriended Waxer and Boiler, they helped her, she helped them, and she left an impression on them. Waxer had her likeness on his helmet when he died.

10. R2-D2 - I've always had a soft spot for this droid. I don't have much more to say on this one either. =b

7. Who are you 10 favorite Star Wars character Todd the Jedi? You can include 15 if 5 are TCW originals.

14. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #8: Seerow: Which moments of TCW comprise your Top 10?

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93

1. The dinner table scene in "The Deserter"
    2. Waxer and Boil comfort Numa in "Innocents of Ryloth"
    3. The lead up to and eventual capture of General Krell after after he is deamed a traitor in "Carnage of Krell".
    4. The execution of General Krell in "Carnage of Krell"
    5. Rex's "Not clones, men!" speach to Krell in "Darkness on Umbara"
    6. "I'm not just another numbers" - Fives to Rex in "Plan of Dissent"
    7. Rex vs. that beast in the camp while protecting injured Anakin in "Jedi Crash".
    8. Rex's fall in "Landing at Point Rain"
    9. "Roger, roger..." - Rex in "Rookies"
    10. Rex kills the Slaver in "Escape from Kadavo".

Yep, dominated by Rex ft. Fives, Waxer, Boil, and Cut.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #9: Seerow: Which word would you want to describe your legacy?

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93

Hmmmmm.....
    Support

18. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #10: Seerow: Which character in Star Wars would you vote for as President?

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    @AkashKedavra

Obi-wan Kenobi. The wise and balanced negotiator. See Trespass. Can you imagine if Obi-wan was magically transported into our world?

Hopefully Riyo Chuchi would be his running mate. Again, see Trespass.

20. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #11: Seerow: Rank the season premieres.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93

1. Clone Cadets / ARC Troopers / Season 3. - I enjoyed the prequel episode that fleshed out the Dominoes (I think its important for Fives' backstory by the time we get to Umbara) and the sequel episode which portrayed the clones defending their 'home' as Rex put it. The scene where Echo is cradling 99's body with Fives, Rex, and Cody gathered around was pretty powerful. Cody was actually coming apart there. I wonder if Rex ever felt he made a mistake getting Echo promoted.

2. Revival / Season 5 - This episode was a wonderful surprise and got a perfect 10 from me in the episode rating thread. Revival was exciting, it had great pacing, it used Maul and Randy well, it did a great job setting up a personal conflict between them and Obi-wan. I expect great things to continue for s5.

3. Holocron Heist / Cargo of Doom / Season 2 - I always felt like this was where Cad Bane came into his own, more so than the s1 finale. The subterfuge into the Jedi Temple was fun to watch and cool it succeeded. It made Cad Bane one of TCW's few legitimately threatening characters. Todo 360 is awesome. Then "Cargo of Doom" was awesome with its Zero G battle. Its to bad "Children of the Force" lost some momentum.

4. Ambush / Season 1 - The series premier. I like Yoda's speech to the clones about their worth. Ventress gets owned.

5. Water Wars/ Gungan Attack / Season 3 - The first episode of this arc is okay. I had a tough time following the action. "Gungan Attack" has some cool sequences in it like the water tornado and Kit Fisto vs Riff Tamson but this arc is still just a bit boring. I actually have more fun with its conclusion "Prisoners" which is the kind of campy fun I tend to like.

22. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #12: Seerow: Rank the season finales.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93

That's tougher since none of them really stick out in my mind. Hmmmm.

1. Padawan Lost / Wookie Hunt - Best Ahsoka-centric episodes. The battle at the beginning and the epic end where the wookies show up are the best parts.

2. Revenge - This actually turned out to be a cool episode. The haunting scene of Obi-wan walking through the brothers' carnage complete with a droid ramming itself into a wall and when Obi-wan and Ventress team up is awesome.

3. Holocron Heist - When Anakin cuts the floor out and him and all the senators fall through that's cool. I also love the stare down between Cad Bane and Commander Fox.

4. Lethal Trackdown - The bar scene is cool and so is the stand off between Plo Koon, Ahsoka, Boba Fett, and Aurra Sing.

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    7. Who are you 10 favorite Star Wars character @Todd the Jedi? You can include 15 if 5 are TCW originals.

Besides the top 3, this is by no means concrete, but still, it's a generally accurate indication of my favorites.

10. Jango Fett- I think I fell in love with Jango after playing Bounty Hunter. Such an amazing game and Jango is a great character in it. Plus, Jango is the reason Boba exists (IU), as well as all his other clones. Can't have the awesome ARCs, Commandos or Nulls without Jango.

9. Nom Anor- Nom is a great example of a character being used to his fullest potential. He was the most consistent element of the NJO, despite the fact that it was a multi-author series. He was the most compelling non-good guy. It's almost hard to call him a bad guy, because he is, but he's different from any other members of his species in that Nom only cares about what's good for Nom.

8. Luke Skywalker- The original hero, the perpetual good guy. Luke is such a badass, but in a very unique way that no one else really can match. As one character tells him, he is different than the Jedi of old, because unlike them, he is not afraid of the dark. And he's great as a father too. The tragic loss of his wife brings him and his son Ben much closer together, leading to their awesome interaction in FOTJ. Still, Tim Zahn probably wrote the best Luke, followed by Matt Stover.

7. Yoda- I love TESB. So much great stuff about that movie. But the ultimate highlight has to be everything with Yoda. He's such a different character from anything we had seen at that point, and just what Luke needed to push him toward the path of the light. Yoda's teachings transcend everything about SW, and really knock us all off our pedestals, bringing us closer to earth. Yoda is also amazing in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, where he has the greatest conversation ever in SW history, very nearly bringing Dooku back to the light. Also, I love his duel with Palps in ROTS. :D

6. Palpatine- Probably the greatest cinematic villain of all time. Palpatine is a ****ing badass in every sense of the word. His political machinations are nothing short of brilliant. Not even Darth Plagueis the Wise could contend with him. Rally, Palps embodies the saying "Sith Happens". Not even death could stop him, though the ensuing insanity probably wasn't the best thing for him. Still, no one person has quite had an effect on the galaxy the way Palpatine has.

5. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader- I love everything about Anakin's story, from his humble beginnings, his fame as the Hero With No Fear, his fall to the Dark Side and reign of terror as Darth Vader, and his ultimate redemption. The Clone Wars are Anakin's time to shine, but they also test him more than anybody else. Everyone has different expectations of Anakin, and he must live up to all of them. Any normal man might balk at the idea of such pressure, but not Anakin. He never breaks. Even joining Palpatine is utilizing his full potential. And then as Vader he becomes the ultimate badass. Just look at the recent comic DV & the Ghost Prison, or even his machinations in TFU 2. Then the most beautiful aspect of Anakin's life occurs when he saves his son, thereby making up for the torment he put his wife through, and making Obi-Wan's life worthwhile. Think about it, Anakin returning to the light means Obi-Wan's vigilance paid off, and they can rest easy together.

4. Obi-Wan Kenobi- The ideal Jedi, Obi-Wan is a shining example of how a Jedi should act. And he owes a lot of it to Anakin, who brings Obi down a notch in haughtiness, unlike the majority of the Jedi at the time. Obi is easily my favorite character on TCW; he always gets the best episodes. And TCW emphasizes an aspect I really like about Obi-Wan, an aspect that I think gets overlooked. Obviously Anakin is the great tragedy of the SW saga, but I think Obi-Wan's tale is almost as tragic. The man goes through hell for most of his life, especially once the Clone Wars kick in, and he never asks for anything in return. He's simply serving the Force. He loses just as much as Anakin, but it doesn't destroy him like it did Anakin, and that's what I admire about the character.

3. Mara Jade- Mara's an awesome character. She embodies all the best characteristics a woman in SW should have. Of course she's the only one for Luke, the perfect woman to balance him out. Her story, from being a pawn of the Emperor to earning her freedom of mind and body, is very compelling. And even in the Yuuzhan Vong War, she refuses to let a terrible debilitating disease claim her. Mara is a fighter, and an even better mother and wife.

2. Boba Fett- Boba'a just great. His outfit screams badass, and even knowing his origins via AOTC does not diminish his character. There's a reason he's at the best and most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. The man is a genius strategizer, always one step ahead of both his prey and his competition. Boba Fett doesn't need a Bounty Hunter's Guild, Boba is a guild unto himself. And naturally his entire family is badass as well. Leave it to Boba's daughter to wield a very large blaster against multiple opponents at age 6 (or so).

1. Han Solo- This man is my hero. He embodies all the best characteristics a smuggler could have, from the dry wit, to the techie knowledge, to his simple ability to win at life. Even being a father, let alone a grandfather, does nothing to slow this man down. He's a great role model, not only because he's an ace pilot and knows how to treat a lady, but he overcame great adversity in his youth, and he did the hardest thing imaginable: he defied the Empire to save the life of one Wookiee, whom he didn't even know before. Despite his rough exterior, the man is a shining display of selflessness. He's not selfish, he just wants to have some fun every now and then.

Seerow

25. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #13: Seerow: Which arc(s) in TCW do you feel had the leas amount of time and which had more than it needed?