main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    I know the new theories are that velociraptors have feathers and such, bus surely for the sake of continuity, at the very least keep the colour the same - you go from the browny raptors in JP1/2, to these completely different blue raptors in JP3...

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Probably just adjusting to the local climate over a couple generations.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Just make them a different kind of raptor, like Utahraptor. Then it can have feathers while Velociraptors remain the same (even though they are actually Deinonychus, velociraptor itself was about 4ft tall and almost certainly would have had feathers)

And if anyone wanta realism then Dilophosaurus can't be used given how much of a fantasy that thing was. No evidence supports the neck frill or venom-spitting, but given how much genetics was played around with it in JP it can be overlooked. But have them behave like Dinosaurs, no weapons or other fancy "they've got human intelligence" type rubbish

4. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
  5. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    PointGiven likes this.
  6. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Is it acceptable to use the term "vaporware" to describe a movie? Because that's what this movie seems to be.

7. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Aug 23, 1999
    I think they say "Development Hell".

8. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    They just need to make Jurassic Park 2. Set it between JP and TLW:JP and resolve the BioSyn and Isla Nublar storylines, plus elements from Telltale Games' Jurassic Park (Dodgson still trying to get embryos off the island, mercenaries hired by InGen to find more survivors, Troodon as the new big bad)

No velociraptors since they are all either dead or dying at the end of JP.
    Muldoon: "We bred eight originally, but when she came in she took over the pride and killed all but two of the others". Three raptors. One locked in the walk-in freezer, two chomped by Rexy during the finale.

EDIT -- Actually I'm pretty sure why TLWJP and JP3 take place on Isla Sorna instead....the audience wants to see velociraptors, and there are none on Isla Nublar anymore.

9. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Aug 23, 1999
    They should do a Jurassic Park 1.5 where the entire world is destroyed in a nuclear holocaust, then the sun goes supernova and the earth is completely destroyed, thus preventing the possibility of Jurassic Park III and the Lost World in the first place.

10. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    It would still fit, since the "Something Has Survived" tagline for TLW would actually make a shred of sense. :p

11. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Going by the book at least, the island and all the dinosaurs was destroyed

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Also Site B had more free-roaming Dinos and a higher number of species, which made for better story potential. The main island is just an abandoned powered-up theme-park with a few Dinos wandering about (if they haven't all died yet).

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The book ending is nonsense. Google "Costa Rican military" sometime. It doesn't possess napalm, nerve gas, or even enough aircraft to raze an island as big as Nublar to begin with. Assuming they had the weapons to do so to begin with, which they don't. The movie ending makes a hell of a lot more sense TBH, which is saying something when your central plot mechanic is cloning dinosaurs from mosquitoes. :p

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    That's the correct term, yes. Let it stay they. Let it rot.

15. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Aug 23, 1999
    For a military to have something they have to exist.

Costa Rica doesn't HAVE a standing military, right? Too lazy to Google.

DarthBoba likes this.
  16. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, they don't have a military per se; as Air Force as it gets is a sort of civil air patrol organization.

17. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I want Timmy to star in JP4, seriously.

And that Becker dude who's book he talked about in the first movie swoops in from a helicopter, throws a grenade into the T-Rex's mouth, saving the day. Also, Mace Windu should be in it. He found the torn off arm of Jackson's character from the first movie, attached to himself, making him a whole Jedi again, ready to kick some dinosaur butt.

Okay, that second paragraph was not meant seriously, but it would be ridiculously cool to see.

18. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    BAKKER.
    [​IMG]
    Robert Bakker, who dismisses Jack Horner's hypothesis that T-Rex was primarily a scavenger.

Who got eaten by the T-Rex in TLW.
    [​IMG]
    Robert Burke, who.....proved that T-Rex is a hunter.

Bakker was actually THRILLED that his doppelganger was killed off in the movie. Supposedly he got on the phone with Horner after watching the movie and said "SEE! I TOLD YOU T-Rex wasn't a scavenger!"

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This thread is making me realize how many details of JP:TLW and JPIII I've forgotten. I have seen the first JP many more times and much more recently, and I'm pretty sure the consensus is that it's the best of the three (right?). Maybe not in a "Jaws vs. its sequels" kind of way, but still. :p

Looking forward to JP in 3D; will be seeing that in the theater with my son. Not sure what to make of JP4 yet, though.

20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That's an interesting question. Anybody that actually prefers one of the sequels to the original? I doubt it.

21. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    If I had unlimited power over time and space one of the things at the top of my to do list would be to erase all evidence of the JP sequels from history and the minds of living things.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  22. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    TLW is one of cinema's squandered moments. That book is so obviously designed to be a movie it's not even funny, and...the finished film has no resemblance beyond setting. Could have been just as good a film as the original, IMO.

JP3, not so much. It probably could have rocked if they'd extrapolated one of the early scenes in the Lost World novel, where Malcolm and Levine are discussing the surviving dinosaurs, and (iirc) Levine mentions that the Costa Rican military tracked a bunch through the jungle and wiped them out. That could be an interesting movie; Predator with dinosaurs.

23. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    I think that JP is the best film of the trilogy in terms of technical film-making, but I find that I enjoy watching TLW the most of the three. I guess I just like "over-the-topness". :)

PointGiven likes this.
  24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The Lost World was a fun movie, but certainly nothing compared to the original. I distinctly remember having a nightmare after TLW that I was on the trailer hanging over the cliff as the glass cracked around me.

It's also the source of one of my injokes with my best friend, Arjay's "DON'T GO INTO THE LONG GRASS!"

DarthBoba likes this.
  25. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    That is easily the best scene in the film. Although the Tyrannosaur rampage was fun, also. :p