main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
  2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Whoever spoke for that line just didn't sound like Palpatine. It does sound like Tim Curry.. Well, Lucas has said that Palpatine represents the devil..

3. Seanthings

Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2012
    Thanks Garth! I nearly lost it when Snaggletooth came on screen. Hahaha

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Snaggletooth had an awesome voice.

eht13 and TreborSabreon like this.
  5. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    It wasn't just the delivery of the line, it felt obviously cut and pasted in - it's louder and I'd swear the reverb is different too.

Mia Mesharad and SithStarSlayer like this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't remember exactly how it sounded, not Tim Curry, but it definitely stood out like a sore thumb.

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It sounded like someone called it in. There was no weight or body to that line either. Maybe they're letting the voice actors call in lines now. [face_dunno]

8. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    "You have a message from:

DARTH VAADERR"

That's the quality level of that line

I didn't notice it the first time I watched but my goodness its like an amateur at animation put that one in :/

Garth Maul and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  9. Seanthings

Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2012
    I didn't notice the first time either because I was jotting down notes for my review. But man oh man I just finished re-watching it and that was just DREADFUL. Distracted or not I can't believe I didn't hear it the first time.

KenobiSkywalker and Spazmatron like this.
  10. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't have my TV turned up enough to catch it the first time. But when I watched it online... Yikes...

11. Seanthings

Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2012
    Yeah, Garth is right too. It is distinctly louder and there's a sort of reverb in his voice. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me cringe

12. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't know how they recorded the line, but it definitely wasn't in a studio with a good mic.

13. Seanthings

Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2012
    Agreed. Maybe they recorded it in an abandoned bunker or something where they keep spare Palpatine voice actors locked up for emergencies.

Also on my second viewing I noticed a lot more voices out of sync with the characters lips. Very strange.

14. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    The site which you got it from could have had some sound lag.

15. Seanthings

Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2012
    It was On Demand. I talked to a few other people on Twitter who noticed the same thing.

On an entirely different note, Spazmatron your profile pic is incredible. Did you make that?

16. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    Heck no. Its the cover art from a game called Star Wars: Empire At War. Its an RTS and it's probably the best game I have ever played. I've only got the Forces of Corruption Expansion pack (a lot better) and a mod I got the other week but the cover art for the original game has always been my favorite.

Seanthings likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Star Wars Supremacy (or Rebellion, depending on your country) is still the best SW RTS ever. I will stand by that statement as sure as my avatar is laughing maniacally.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    He was basically a space redneck. [face_laugh]

Edit: As I said in the episode poll thread, I also thought that the voiceover for that Palpatine line sounded terrible.

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Guys, I have to admit. They recorded me saying "petty crooks" about a completely different conversation and used it in this episode without my permission.

I'm effective as a lawyer only because I sound like Emperor Palpatine when I give my closing statements. [face_devil]

20. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    So did half the theater at CVI! XD

I finally got a chance to download the episode and I'm happy to say that it's just as good as I remember it. The battle scenes are really stunning and Hondo stole the show! This is one of those episodes that really validates the show's claim to be cinematic.

21. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Not sure if this has been posted already or not. The viewer number for Revival was 1.94 million, just above last years 1.93 million premiere. That surprises be a bit given the new time slot.

Garth Maul likes this.
  22. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, that's good then. Where do you find out the ratings anyway and how quickly are they released? I'm quite interested in viewership of programmes I watch.

23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I found them here.

Spazmatron likes this.
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    that's for US viewership

25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Those were the numbers used in the debate on whether TCW was heading for cancellation or not on the temp boards.