main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Jaden Korr

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Silas Nightstalker, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    So, what's the story on Jaden Korr? I haven't read any novels featuring him yet, but from what I've gathered, he's some kind of a big deal. Can anybody enlighten me on this subject? Pretty please?

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Jaden Korr was the protagonist of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Haven't read the books featuring him yet though.

JK:JA being a video game, for those who may not know.;)

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Actually, him not being a big deal was the reason Paul Kemp chose to write about him. Other than Jedi Academy, Jaden has never appeared elsewhere, except a brief appearance as a tertiary character in a LOTF book, then later a similar role in FOTJ.

I'd recommend Crosscurrent and Riptide, though. Fun books.

A Tool and mulberry like this.
  4. Darth_Culator

Darth_Culator Jedi Master star 2

Dec 10, 2005
    Jaden Korr was the simple protagonist of a fun little video game that was awesome by association with Kyle Katarn. Then we found out that his whole life is (dot dot dot) (dramatic pause) complicated.

No, like seriously.
    He's some kind of mutant clone that just happened to find his way to the Jedi Academy, and happened to get trained by the one master whose "powers are not inherently light or dark" philosophy would mesh with his weird mutant clone brain? Then he dies, but his sorta-kinda padawan sucks his brains out and sticks them into an identical clone, so he's not actually dead now, or maybe he is?
    =P~

Darth_SHOT likes this.
  5. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    See, I've been thinking about getting those books, but I wasn't sure if I would like them or not. I really enjoy seeing underdeveloped characters become awesome.

A Tool likes this.
  6. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    He's an interesting character to be sure, and Crosscurrent was a good novel. Riptide however....it was something else. Still good, but very weird and convoluted. Raised a lot of questions. A third novel needs to be made topping it all off an answering everything.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  7. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    I hope Paul Kemp finishes off that story. It's too good to just leave hanging. Maybe a bit more use of Kyle Katarn rather than just name-dropping, but then I might be hoping for a lot :p

8. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    The 'big deal' bit is that he built a Lightsaber without any training at all!

9. mulberry

mulberry Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2009
    I did enjoy both Crosscurrent and Riptide. I agree Riptide seems perfectly set up for a third novel.

10. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Maybe, but..."Jaden" at the moment isn't really himself. I think Kyle would be able to notice and help him out. I think "Jaden" would also want to get his old master's help on this. And Kyle hasn't played a big enough role. It'd be good to get him into a novel as a main character.

11. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Wonder what he was doing when he accidentally made the lightsaber? Working on a new speeder engine or something?

12. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    He was rudely interruted by the Sceptre of Ragnos before we got the explanation, but he may have been trying to build a better razor!

A Tool and instantdeath like this.
  13. max-attac

max-attac Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2009
    He probably came into a trance and subconsciously used the knowledge of his templates, because as we know from Riptide, Jaden is a Jedi/Sith clone placed by Thrawn on Coruscant as an unwittingly sleeper agent but was never activated because of the death of the Chiss Grand Admiral.

In addition, the other clones of the Frozen Moon, had also built their lightsabers without instructions before rebelling against the Imperials scientists and troopers.

Edit: The oddest thing is that, according to Wookieepedia, he is supposed to have thirteen years at the beginning of Jedi Academy. (Born in 1 ABY, recruited in 14 ABY). Perhaps the imperial took him out of his tank before he reaches his adult form, for a better infiltration. Who is wary of a kid, when he had traces of his past ? For me, the true question about Korr ( and his twin clone, Soldier) is about the identities of his Jedi and Sith templates.

14. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Jaden is a clone? As someone who has played and really enjoyed Jedi Academy but not read Kemp's books yet... that's interesting. Guess I'll get to them when I get to them.

Curious though, you said he's a Jedi/Sith clone? Meaning he's a clone of one or the other, or is he somehow mixed? If it's the latter, that might explain how he can safely use dark side powers (because it is common knowledge that Kyle manages it after beating the dark side in an arm wrestling match).

15. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Nothing's really been confirmed, but it was heavily implied in Riptide that the original Jaden we all played as in Jedi Academy was a clone. And that currently after Riptide he died but all of his memories were transferred into the body of another identical clone. Similar to Palpatine, but they really are just memories and no soul or anything. It was also implied that a character in Riptide who was thought to be another clone of Jaden, was actually the real Jaden who had been replaced as a child. As I said, very convoluted. So the original Jaden from Jedi Academy wasn't cloned from Jedi/Sith DNA, but from a normal human child.

EDIT: Hmm, i'm a Jedi Knight now. Nice. I'm gonna go ahead and reread Riptide this weekend.

16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Heh. Maybe Vader had a bunch of Rhett clones stolen out from under his nose. :p

17. max-attac

May 23, 2009
    Sorry for the spoilers, but yes the clones are the product of one of thrawn project about the mixing of Palpatine DNA with those of Jedi Knights(Katarn, Solusar, Jade,...), all with an approximate result for the clones and their offsprings.

Oh for you, Soldier is an original human? I did not understand it like that, but I may be wrong, for me the fact that the agents of the One Sith called Soldier, the Prime, meant that he was the first pure clone, the first without genetic defects, whose genetic material had been reused to create Jaden. And while Jaden had been sent on Coruscant because he was a second generation clone, Soldier was kept on the frozen moon for the future of the program. Hence the desire of Darth Krayt to catch Soldier for his fresh DNA in order to continue the program of Thrawn on his own.

Darth_SHOT likes this.
  18. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Is it possible that Jaden was cloned from a hair of Kyle Katarn's beard? It might explain why he took on a very small (very, very small) fraction of Master Katarn's masculinity.

Darth_Culator likes this.
  19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm waiting for the Rosh Penin trilogy.

Misa ab iPhono meo.

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I imagine you'll be waiting a while!

JediFan215 and rumsmuggler like this.
  21. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    [face_laugh] Indeed. I don't even think Rosh's name has been mentioned in either of the Korr novels.

22. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    It got mentioned once in Riptide. Sadly, nothing to do with a very painful death that lasted hours.

JediFan215 and instantdeath like this.
  23. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    See I see all of that as evidence of him being an actual human. It can be taken both ways I guess, which is why I plan to reread the novel this weekend to look at it from both angles and see which is the most likely.

24. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Trying to clone Kyle is impossible. They have enough problem cloning ordinary Jedi.

Even in foetal form, the Kyle clone would burst its way out of the cloning cylinder.

instantdeath likes this.
  25. max-attac

May 23, 2009
    Poor Runner, he died as he had lived, wielding his lightsaber like an idiot before getting stabbed by a non-trained umbaran. Evidence that genes are not everything, or else that Katarn was not so powerful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.