main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit THE TOR ENCYCLOPEDIA: Spoilers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Oct 4, 2012.

1. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Can I get this info for the Defender?

I admit I'm kinda in love with the design.

*hastily looks around*

Don't tell Exy I'm cheating on her. She has a nasty temper- Base Delta Zero and all that. [face_shhh]

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    No expansions even announced yet, actually. It's had a few updates via patches, though.

3. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

UK edition, US one comes mid-october :p

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Any interesting stuff on the Hutt cartel or Nem'ro? :)

5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Ok, that's it, I must pre-order this book now. Any info on the Great War? We know some of the major highlights, but more details on a 30-year war always sounds interesting. Like maybe the Star of Coruscant or stuff like that. Even though some of the Republic info is sometimes depressing (trying not to be too spoiler-ish, but I get annoyed at how the game's story sometimes plays out, possibly ). Has the book bothered to give definitive fates to anybody you have a chance to kill? Usually after that point the game just writes that character out of the story no matter what you choose, with a different email being the biggest difference.
    Like Senator Dodonna. When you hear Dodonna in KotOR, yay, she is an admiral leading the fleet to attack the Star Forge. Then in TOR your smuggler meets Senator Dodonna... then two chapters later you find out she's an Imp sell-out. A pretty stupid one at that (but then that's often how it is in stories- people are ready to betray the "good guys" then are totally surprised when the bad guys just backstab them too). I did not like seeing the Dodonna name used like that.

Any list of the Jedi and Dark Councils? During the War? After the War? After the class stories? Or how about a timeline of the game? The various class stories cover at least a few months if not longer.

So far there hasn't been any announcement of an expansion yet. There have been several game updates (1.4 just recently) which added new... what's the MMO term? Raids? Which adds some story content but nothing huge yet. The first 15 levels are all free to play so far, with the game going free to play in the next month or two I think. So you can wait until then to play up to level 50 and watch the class stories if you want. Although with how Bioware/EA has been flailing around (and losing several major names in the last few months) when the game didn't turn out to be a huge enduring success (not a failure either but they sure seem desperate), I'd expect hints or news of an expansion soon. Maybe after the next TOR novel, which should be out next month I think. Either that or they'll just keep pumping out new operations- I think I read a projected six-week update schedule after the F2P transition (though I'm not expecting that much story content out of it).

By the way, you mentioned Theron and his comic exploits, but anything from his upcoming novel? Sorry for all the questions, this just sounds quite exciting.

6. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I can almost YES to everything you asked, well most of it... details after I am back home after work.

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    She'd make a fine Mistress of Bantha Clan, teaching them all how to transmogrify into all manner of herd animals.

8. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Any new info about KoTOR characters (Revan, HK-47, Jedi Exile or Kreia) ??

9. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    yes there is some. most though for Revan, Alek, etc.. less for the others but some do get mentions. Exile does due to her role in TOR. Nihilus is mentioned a few times. the others so far not but am still a long way from finished with the book

RafSwi7 likes this.
  10. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Thanks for reply. Anything about Revan's final fate? Whatever he is dead or not in the end of the Foundry?

BTW from what you have written it seems that this encyclopedia is better then people expected it to be. :)

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Wasn't planning to get this as I figured "encylcopedia" would just mean a bland A-Z, but this is sounding like a bona fide source book with lots of hidden nuggets?

Starting to reconsider buying it after all...

What are the images like? Just screenshots from the game, or is it like any other source book with drawings and artwork and stuff?

12. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    OMG THIS is the book I want to see so much!

I can't wait to read about :

- The Dark Council members during the war (who were the seven survivors for instance?)
    - What of Darth Howl, Eldon Ax (who mysteriously disappeared in the game) and Darth Arctis are they mentioned or pictured at least?
    - The timeline of the game.
    - The Rakata and Soa...
    - The Gree
    .... and so many things I can't even remember.

13. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    screenshots from game and trailers as well as timeline videos, concept art and such. no new artwork, but some rare artwork among that. maybe even some that was in the exclusive TOR book of Gnost Dural or other such sources.

but of some screenshots or art you get high res or clearer images than before and thus more details visible.

lots of nuggets my friend, lots!

14. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    thx ;) and yeah his final fate is adressed... and it is done ambigiously so one can assume he might survive or not but is believed to be dead. make of that whatever you want ;) can be read both ways

15. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    a lot is in there but not every character you can talk to in game is mentioned or featured. have yet to check out more of the book but so far dark councilors are in I saw. you will be pleased ;) more spoilers soon

16. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Sounds like an expansion to me.

17. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

71x94x29m (232x308x9ft) ;)

Tzizvvt78 and dewback_rancher like this.
  18. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
  19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Anything new on Shae Vizla?

20. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Yes, did she steal the Darksaber?

21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    as beautiful and deadly as ever ;) her body, ahem I mean armor is examined a lot and there are snippets of her all over.. not at the section yet so indepth read will deliver more I hope!

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I would like to label Ceiran as a massive tease henceforth :p

Cronal and CeiranHarmony like this.
  23. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    New Sith Was are 2000 years later

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    But 'Fall of the Old Republic' is best described as this period.

25. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Actually, I'm relieved because I still have a backlog of SW material to slog through...