main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Even though we all know that Maul isn't going to make it out of the series...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Mzukiller, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    As long as he's in the show as a major antagonist in the place of Grievous, what do you hope he does?

I vote Kill Ahsoka, but we all know that.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul won't be killing Ahsoka

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Oh man, I would LOVE to see Darth Maul kill Ahsoka. As long as it doesn't mean the series ends.

Mzukiller likes this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    What would happen if Grievous killed Maul?

Would the boards explode?[face_worried]

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    :eek:

That's not even funny to joke about...

brook_33, cwustudent and Zabrak 2 like this.
  6. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If can be bested by Pirates he can be bested by Grievous

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  7. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Since I highly doubt they're going to decide to make Old Wounds canon in any way, I say we have him meet Obi-Wan for one epic final duel. He loses but manages to survive. As he's crawling away Darth Sidious appears:

Sidious: And so we meet again, my apprentice.
    Maul: Master?

And kills him in a similar way Wyrrlok "killed" Krayt. Except we don't see the electrocution. We just see the flash and hear Maul's screams as he dies.

Mzukiller likes this.
  8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    It's hard for me to say since ROTS kind of restricts what we know happens, but I would have liked to see him play the Jedi a bit and pose as a threat to Sidious. Also the fact that Talzin is involved makes me want some kind of satisfactory conclusion involving her.

I mean, I would like to see Maul ultimately wind up in Republic custody as someone the Jedi can finally directly interrogate regarding the Sith after 10-13 years of nothing. At which point Sidious could be on high alert as far as Maul potentially ruining everything and exposing him, while Maul is sort of using that knowledge as a bartering chip to try and blackmail Sidious into arranging his release rather than exposing Sidious, which wouldn't help Maul's immediate concerns of being arrested.

The Jedi keep Maul alive while Palpatine, who initially tells the Jedi that Maul poses no threat to the Republic, is all of a sudden suspiciously concerned about Maul and is pushing for his execution. Maul tries to play the "Sith aren't that bad" card with one of the Jedi, like Ahsoka, to use her as his eyes and ears to keep informed of what's going on between the Jedi and Sidious. Maul could start shedding light gradually on the Sith, which might culminate in ROTS with the Jedi being HIGHLY suspicious of Palpatine, though not outright believing him to be a Sith. Maul could confirm that there is indeed a Sith Lord with great influence among the Senate, without specifying who.

Though none of this has anything to do with Talzin. And while I dislike Talzin, they can't just use her to bring him back and then never explore why or elaborate on her motives. Filoni teased that the fact that Maul seems to care about Savage to some extent might have something to do with how Talzin brought him back and how he is influenced by her magic. But going off that little tidbit, I can't think of any compelling story line as to how giving Maul emotional attachments is beneficial to Talzin.

KeltheDor likes this.
  9. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Uh, how do we know he's not going to survive past the series? Why is that the assumption?

Anyways, yeah I vote for killing Ahsoka. Probably won't happen.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Because during ROTS, the dark times, and the OT, there are only 2 Sith at a time, affecting the Galaxy. Not a 3rd.

Remember.....there can only be 2. And Maul is no longer Palpatines apprentice. Meaning he is a dead man.....um....alien. Palpatine can not leave a loose end like Maul alive. Maul is trying to make his own Sith faction, starting with Randy. But there should/can only be 1 Sith group affecting the galaxy during ROTS and the OT, that being the "Order of the Sith Lords", which means Maul's offshoot group has to die, including him.

Esg likes this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Wouldn't that logic also apply to Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Darth Tyranus for what happens in Dooku Captured/The Gungan General?

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    An ambiguous end would hurt more, I reckon. We need to see Maul die on-screen for sanity to be retained.

13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    At least it wasn't a bunch of Gungans. ;)

TaradosGon likes this.
  14. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Even though we all know that Maul isn't going to make it out of the series...

We do?

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul won't be killed off till S6 more than likely

16. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

17. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    Very good responses. I myself am hoping that Maul doesn't get a cop out ending/Death. If there's anything they can do right with TCW, they can give Maul a high note to go out on.

18. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Eh, I wouldn't personally mind but I see your point.

19. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    There'd be a nice symmetry to Maul taking out Ahsoka, in that he'd have killed Obi-Wan's master and Anakin's padawan. This would also set up Brooding Anakin™ in time for RotS.
    But... if Ahsoka is taken out by anyone with a red lightsaber, I doubt that Skywalker would be so quick to join Sidious in EpIII, nightmares or not, so I can't see it happening, realistically.

That said, I agree that it'd be nice to have the returned Maul leave a lasting mark on the Clone Wars, and I agree that a deal as big as bringing back a bisected character requires a closure to match. Death-by-Sidious would be the cleanest solution.

Mzukiller likes this.
  20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Dooku joined Sidious even though Maul killed his former Padawan Qui-Gon.

Mazada Low'man likes this.
  21. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Here's to hoping his demise is at the hands of Jar-Jar.

22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Dooku isn't as emotionally charged as Anakin.

23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Anakin didn't want to join Sidious. He initially wanted to kill him, but then decided to arrest him and wanted to interrogate him as to how to save Padme. It was only after Anakin became complicit in Mace's death that he joined Sidious because he felt there was no going back. He joined him despite Sidious being Dooku's master - the guy that had attempted to kill Padme and cut off Anakin's arm. I don't think Maul killing Ahsoka would make Anakin's decisions any more difficult to accept.

24. Mzukiller

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm looking forward to a fight between Grievous and Maul.

The fangirls would light up the board like 4th of July.;)

25. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Well, we've already seen Maul die on-screen before. Let's hope Sidious makes sure to incinerate Maul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.