main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT I liked all of the prequels.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Colten97, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colten97

Colten97 Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2012
    I saw the prequels first and thought they were really good. They are much better than the 70s movies because they are so boring. For me the most boring was Empire Strikes back. None of the lightsaber fights in the 70s films were actiony either.

Lord Tyrannus likes this.
  2. bibfortuitous

bibfortuitous Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 2000
    Welcome to the boards. Put your hand up if you need the toilet :)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    New Lexus Roadster vs. classic Mustang convertible.

Both awesome, for different reasons.

I liked the first two prequels, hated ROTS but for reasons that had nothing to do with those "boring 70s movies", the ones that I grew up on.

4. bibfortuitous

bibfortuitous Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 2000
    Also only ANH was released in the 70s. ESB was '80 and ROTJ was '83. And apart from the acrobatics of Maul vs Qui-gon and Obi-wan, Vader Vs Luke in ESB was the most visceral, well edited and impressive lightsaber fight of all six films.

MrFantastic74 and sinkie like this.
  5. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    "Actiony"...I really can't comment simply because I experienced IV, V, VI first. I can't even relate to people who started with the prequels, and in these modern times when STAR WARS isn't the only saga in town.

6. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I love the prequels. But I love the originals as well. I don't necessarily think that they're all that different, to be honest. In terms of structure and tone, I would actually say that I think that ESB has more in common with AOTC and ROTS than the other two OT films. The same is true of TPM and ANH/ROTJ -- it takes a lot of cues from those films. I like the action in the Saga, but it isn't necessarily why I'm a fan. I prefer to look at the characters, themes, symbolism, etc. more than the fights in general. Though that doesn't mean the fights aren't interesting in their own right. For the most part, I think all of the films have good lightsaber duels, although there are moments from each that I prefer. I'm not a huge fan of Obi-Wan and Anakin's "certain point of view" dialogue in the Mustafar duel for example. I also find parts of the ESB duel to be a little silly, such as when Vader uses the Force to throw objects at Luke. But, by and large, they are wonderful action sequences.

Anyway, welcome to the boards.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Even though I prefer the prequel trilogy, I wouldn't say that the original trilogy was boring, they had really great story lines, scenes and characters, and considering they were made in the 70's and 80's, the original trilogy was amazing compared to other films that were released then.

8. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Faith in humanity restored. :D

9. Mnhay27

Mnhay27 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Although I never got to see them on the big screen I grew up with the originals so I will always feel differently about them than I do the prequels, probably as much out of nostalgia as anything else.

On the other hand, I was only in my early 20s for the prequels so I was still pretty young and I got to experience the anticipation and the excitement of going to see them multiple times and eagerly awaiting the next one. I enjoyed The Phantom Menace but I fell in love with Attack of the Clones so went out and bought action figures and other merchandise and that was a blast - like being a kid all over again! So I have a whole other set of extremely fond memories and nostalgic feelings for the prequels as well and that's really cool.

Bottom line, prequels or originals, they're all Star Wars and I love 'em all.

10. Silas Tri

Silas Tri Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2012
    =D=

sinkie likes this.
  11. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    I saw the Prequel first too and liked them as well. TPM was the first SW movie I saw as a matter of fact. But I can't disagree more with you about your view of the Original Trilogy. I think they're way more better than the PT. ESB is actually my favorite movie of the Saga. The lighstaber fights were more like classical sword fight. The PT bring something different, improved technologically but not better.

MrFantastic74 and sinkie like this.
  12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

This is me as well, almost exactly. I was just finishing high school when the Phantom Menace came out. I remember all the excitement and The anticipation of the releases of I, II, and III...the earlier episodes were never super exciting for me then-they were only just cool movies that I enjoyed watching sometimes. I love them now though of course. but I think I was just at the right age to be kind of at that Even point Between the trilogies to be able to enjoy both equally, which to this day-although the prequels are what made me As huge as a Star Wars fan as I am-I now enjoy the saga as a whole...I mean, my signature below says it all!!!

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Prequels are awesome!!

14. Mnhay27

Mnhay27 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    The difference there is that I was totally in love with the OT already! In fact, I always used to say that Empire... was my all time favourite movie.

Now I'd probably have to go with the Star Wars (or "A New Hope" as the kids are calling it these days).

15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I call it A New Hope... and I am no kid...I'm 31!

16. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    the only thing I agree with in the first post is that I find ESB my least favourite, mostly due to pacing.

17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Welcome to the boards. You will find plenty of threads to express your like of the prequels here and dislike of the OT in the classic forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.