main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Silly drabble #28- It's a Guy Thing - Jag, Zekk, Han

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LexiLupin, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    A fantastic piece... I love both Thrawn and Pallaeon. The crazy clone was hilarious! Keep posting those little gems. :)

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    This post was so much fun! [face_laugh]=D=

I miss Thrawn and Pallaeon. Nice to see them again. Gilad is/was one of my fave EU chars. Well done.

3. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Silly Drabble #26
    (reposted from the Move Challenge)​
    Adamant

Captain Gilad Pellaeon stared dully around at the gleaming bulkheads, the spotless decks, the ready and alert crew standing ramrod straight and perspiring lightly under the nervous pressure of the Grand Admiral’s inspection.

The Grand Admiral in question completed his tour around the bridge, exchanging a last salute with the bridge commander, and then strolled in precisely measured paces back to the aft viewport where the captain stood observing his crew.

“What do you think, Captain?”

He paused, choosing his words extremely carefully. “It’s, ah… shiny. Sir.”

A dark brow over a glowing red eye quirked curiously. “Shiny, Captain?”

“Yes, Admiral. New… pristine… pure. Shiny.”

“The Chimaera has been outfitted with state-of-the-art technology. All systems have been upgraded to the fastest, largest servers by the finest technicians to be found in the known galaxy, and the ship has been manned by the absolute best crew the Empire has to offer.” Pellaeon held the admiral’s gaze steadfastly, though those red eyes seemed to burn into him. “And all you have to say is… shiny?”

He swallowed uneasily. “I…trust the tech crew has alerted you to the system shortcomings?”

“Not shortcomings,” Thrawn rebuked. “Formatting complications to be updated in due course.”

“Our personnel files are still missing entries,” Pellaeon pointed out. “And the Intelligence files are being randomly truncated which could prove disastrous in the wrong situation… sir.”

“Come now, Captain, do not be so morose. I was of the impression that you did not particularly enjoy our extended stay aboard the Adamant.”

“I admit the delays did become tedious.”

Thrawn considered him closely. “Hm; yet you feel our return to the Chimaera was premature?”

“No, sir!” he protested quickly. “It merely feels… strange and new. Nothing like the old Chimaera.”

“Shiny?”

“Sir.”

“Yes, well- you will adjust quickly enough, Captain. The Adamant may have come to feel like home, but it was only a temporary one.”

“Of course, Admiral.”

Apparently satisfied, Thrawn turned to the navigation station. “Lieutenant, lay in a course correction. To assuage Captain Pellaeon’s concerns, we will need to fully uplink a connection to the Intelligence files from the Ubiqtorate base at Yaga Minor.”

“Yes, Admiral.” The lieutenant stood, however, and approached the Comm station.

Thrawn cleared his throat lightly. The young officer turned around and went pink, finding himself under the admiral’s scrutiny. “A problem, Lieutenant?”

“Ah… we actually can’t adjust the course from here.”

“We set the initial course from here,” the admiral pointed out mildly.

His blush was now full-force. “Yes, sir. Glitch in the system. The auxiliary bridge will have to handle course changes until it gets fixed.”

“And you cannot relay this information to the auxiliary bridge from your own console because…?”

“My system is not registering new communication codes yet, Admiral.”

From the corner of his eye, Pellaeon could just barely catch the twitching of a muscle in the admiral’s jaw. “Very well, Lieutenant- carry on.” With a mumbled acknowledgement, the young man hurried off. Thrawn turned to face the viewport, hands clasped behind his back as he stared into the dark oblivion of space beyond. “Captain?”

“Sir?”

“Not a word.”

X---X

A/N- I'll be replacing PMs with tags- I know some people on my PM list aren't around anymore/yet, but for those of you who are, if you do not want to be tagged anymore, just let me know here or shoot me a message. If I see no existence of people I'm tagging after a couple posts, I'll stop tagging in the assumption that you have not returned to the Boards post-Move (so if you aren't a usual commenter, a quick 'hey' to let me know you're wanting/receiving tags is much appreciated). Likewise, if anyone would like to start receiving tags, you have to let me know. I don't tag unsolicited and I can't read your minds, but am more than happy to add you to the list.

Tags- pinkpearl89, Jade_eyes, haleyskywalker2, dm1, SITH_MAYO, Chilla, Iverna, Mondra, nostalgia, earlybird-obi-wan

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Nice! bit of fun! =D=

5. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Love this! Very clever!

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Glitches - so frustrating and yet amusing.

Well done!

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    LOL! [face_laugh] Love it. Let's hope when they punch in the hyperspace coordinates the numbers don't change to question marks.

LexiLupin and Jade_eyes like this.
  8. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Silly Drabble #27
    Committee
    Councilor Leia Organa Solo shuffled assorted pieces of flimsi and datacards; keyed her datapad on and off twice; checked and double-checked her comlink to ensure it was properly functioning; and then sighed and stared blankly around the empty conference room after looking at the chrono for the tenth time since she sat down.

When the door finally opened, she unconsciously straightened in her seat and put her ‘politician smile,’ as Han affectionately liked to call it, on her face. The smile faded somewhat though as the young Quarren aide of Senator Settil hovered in the doorway looking apologetic.

“My apologies, Councilor,” he bowed his head, “the senator’s appropriations meeting has extended past the allotted time, and she will be unable to report promptly for this meeting.” He paused and glanced around the room, apparently as lost as Leia as to where, precisely, the meeting was. “She is very sorry for the inconvenience and wonders if it would be suitable to be tardy.”

Leia grinned wryly and gestured around. “Why don’t you comm me when her meeting is over and I’ll let you know if there even is a meeting?”

The Quarren readily accepted and bowed out of the room. Leia made two more circuits of shuffling, playing with her datapad, and checking the chrono before her comlink beeped and she thumbed it on hastily.

“Organa Solo.”

Leia?” the tinny voice of Mon Mothma greeted her. “I know it’s late notice, but we’re going to have to reschedule. Ambassador Ker’vic’s entry into the system was delayed, and Councilor Pontim’s children have both come down with Findris Flu.”

Wincing in sympathy, Leia shrugged though there was no one there to see it. “That’s fine,” she responded. “Senator Settil was held up anyway.”

I’ll set a new time and get back to you.”

“Thank you,” Leia replied graciously, though she sighed as soon as she’d switched off her comlink, and set about recollecting her flimsi and datacards and shoving them back in her satchel. As she was finishing the task, she felt a familiar presence outside the door, and craned her neck to see a face peering in through the window. Grinning, she beckoned him in.

Han entered, arms laden with spicy-smelling carryout. “I brought you lunch,” he declared, paused, and then glanced around the empty room, frowning, “figured I’d drop it with an aide... Say, where is everyone? I thought your committee would be well under way by now.”

Smiling coyly, she snagged a box of ahrisa out of his hands and opened it, stomach growling with sudden hunger. “Stay and eat with me, flyboy,” she nodded towards the rest of the empty table.

“I am the committee.”

X---X

tags- pinkpearl89, Jade_eyes, haleyskywalker2, dm1, SITH_MAYO, Chilla, Iverna, Mondra, nostalgia, earlybird-obi-wan

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very realistic slice of what probably often happens and like Han's thoughtfulness and Leia's going with the flow and making a spontaneous lunch date out of it. And if she incidentally has the rest of the afternoon off, she and Han can have a real good time [face_laugh] ;) Love the "I'm the committee!" line. Great. =D= [face_laugh]

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    [face_laugh] Nice twist to a great line in the movies. I'm with Jade_eyes...they should take the lunch home and have a romantic meal followed by some smuggler/princess bootknocking. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    That's real life and Han will be a nice distraction

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    They're young and feisty, why do they need to go all the way home for romance and bootknocking? O:) I'm just saying... she clearly has the room booked, and no one to occupy it now... ;)

[/shameless]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay Lexi! [face_laugh] That is a fact. :D

14. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    Bahahahaha!!! [face_laugh] That was perfect.

Lexi, you outdo yourself time and time again. I am not worthy! ^:)^

15. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great

16. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    Haha, of course she's the committee! I love that Han brought her lunch too -- he is officially a domesticated scoundrel :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Thanks go to LoriLynn for being the primary inspiration for the following drabble... which will hopefully, be followed up at some point in the relatively near future with a collaborative mini-fic to explore the ensuing shenanigans. :D

Setting for the following is sometime during LotF. Specifics aren't overly important. :p

Silly Drabble #28
    It's a Guy Thing
    When Leia Organa Solo answered the door of the apartment, she was not particularly expecting to see an anxious-looking Zekk and a subtly discomfited Jag standing in the corridor. She smiled bemusedly though and let them inside, offering a seat and refreshment which both immediately declined.

“What can I do for you gentlemen?”

The two young men on the sofa exchanged a quick look, which seemed to delegate Jag as the spokesperson.

“We’re wondering if Captain Solo is around. We’d like a word.” Leia’s brow cocked marginally upward. “Of advice,” he explained.

“Advice,” she deadpanned. Both nodded. “Both of you?” They nodded again, looking more wary this time. “Boys, if this is something to do with Jaina…”

“It’s not,” Jag countered immediately. “It’s just… well, it’s sort of a… guy thing?”

It took nearly all of her substantial willpower not to snort in laughter. Rather than tempt fate by opening her mouth again, Leia beckoned them back to the den where Han was watching the Perre Needmo Newshour and cursing lightly under his breath. Unsurprisingly, an image of Jacen, clad in his Vader-esque black, flashed across the screen in correlation to whatever news piece was riling him.

“Han,” she called, thankful now for the distraction of Zekk and Jag… at least until whatever they had to say further upset Han, “these young men would like a word.” She left then, and wondered if she should stay near the door ready to intervene.

Han switched off the HoloNet with a sigh that Jag suspected was aimed towards the news itself, rather than the interruption. A look nearly identical to his wife’s graced his features as he took in the two guests before him. “So, the two of you have made nice again, eh?”

“Solidarity in the face of greater troubles,” Zekk quipped.

“Uh-huh,” Han drawled, sitting back and crossing his arms over his chest. “And why is my fatherly radar just screaming that those ‘greater troubles’ have something to do with my grown, mature, lightsaber-wielding daughter?”

“Not…exactly,” Jag winced. “You see, sir-”

“Han.”

“Yes, sir. You see, Jaina’s birthday is coming up in five days and-”

“Oh, boy,” Han grinned, reevaluating his opinion on this little meeting- maybe this would be fun after all. “You’re already off to a bad start, kid- it’s in four days.”

Jag and Zekk exchanged a panicked look. “Four?” Zekk echoed. “Are you sure?”

Han stared at him dumbly. “Am I- for crying out loud, kid, don’t you think I’d know?”

“Right,” Zekk grinned sheepishly. “Sorry.”

“The point is,” Jag jumped back in, “with everything going on, and Jaina working herself so hard, we thought it would be a good idea to make a nice night out of it. Maybe cook dinner, bake a cake, give her a couple of nice gifts. Just something friendly,” he emphasized, sensing the possibility for heading into dangerous territory here.

Han was too fast for him though. He smirked. “Uh-huh. Let me see if I can read between the lines, shall I?” Jag fought from wincing. “You two have been bickering like teenagers all over again over Jaina; she can’t decide which of you she likes- if either,” he looked them over skeptically. “And so Jaina, enjoying the competitive spirit, challenged the two of you to see which of you could better woo her or some such foolish romantic malarkey. But once you got beyond your bitter rivalry, the two of you were forced to band together when you both realized something:

“You can’t cook. Or bake.”

“Or pick out and wrap presents,” Zekk muttered grudgingly. Jag shot him a half-hearted glare.

“Alright,” Han stood up and clapped his hands together. “I’ll help you- but only because Jaina is stressed with enough on her plate right now, I think she could use a worry-free day. But you’ll need to listen closely and follow along, we don’t have much time…”

X---X---X---X

When Zekk and Jag left, Leia sought out Han once more. He was still in the den, sitting and looking quite pleased with himself. “What was that all about?”

“The boys just realizing that they’re in way over their heads when it comes to our daughter.”

“They told me it wasn’t about Jaina.”

Han shrugged. “Eh, sort of. Trying to figure out how to put together a nice birthday for her in just four days.”

Leia frowned lightly. “Oh. I thought we’d take Jaina out for her birthday.” Han just smiled and nodded absently, reaching for the control to switch on the HoloNet again. “Wait a second… four days?”

“Yup.”

“But Jaina’s birthday is in five days.”

“I know. Hey, I never said I’d make it easy. That’s my daughter, for Force’s sake.”

“Han…”

“Oh, they’ll figure it out.”

“And never speak to you again.”

He waved her off. “Nah, they’ll understand. It’s a guy thing.”
    X---X​

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved this guy thing. Men deceiving and planning;)

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Han is a bad boy! But that's why we love him. Very nice. Can you please tag me. Thanks!

20. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    Telling the poor boys that it's the day before so that he can hear about it over dinner on the correct day --> I love Han's genius ^:)^

21. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I'm rarely here, but please keep tagging me nonetheless. I love your drabbles! My favorites are always the ones with Pellaeon and Thrawn. [face_love]

Loved the way Han tricked the boys. I would love to read a sequel about their cooking (mis-)adventures and what presents they find for Jaina. To be honest, I'd love to read more of those "slice of life" moments in profic. Can't be saving the universe all the time. Well done! =D=

22. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    That's great