main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Still a Work in Progress: Welcome to the Community Forum!

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 27, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Often you'll get an alert if they edit the post, or everytime they get a like.

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Looks like it's still only twice for the initial quote, then a repeat every time the post with the quote gets edited.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Go into alert preferences and unclick quotes... no more multiple alerts. Once the problem is fixed, you can go back and choose to get quote alerts.

Ramza likes this.
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    zerosleep will get right on it.

5. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    I understand and accept the Spoilers Polacy posted in this thread. Mods, excellent job. Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to keeping the JC a fun place to visit for all.

[:D]
    :)

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I really like/appreciate how the Community forum has turned out.

7. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    If you're happy, we're happy.

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I do admit when I'm wrong... having all the forums filtered into one place is a plus. Makes things interesting & more unique (from what we've been accustomed to).

9. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I need to sit down.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You're not bitching, and have a generally positive outlook and disposition. :p

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i would like to take credit for suggesting we merge the forums, thus completely turning tunick's life around.

harpuah likes this.
  13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I think the Mayans were right.... :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    This seems totally reasonable and useful!! Although you guys totally fell down on the job when people were discussing the fall at Reichenbach in the second Sherlock Holmes movie a month before the Moffat episode aired. And once the season 3 Sherlock episode titles are released you're going to have to remind people that they can't talk about those Sherlock stories anymore! And how does this affect things like Dexter which are so utterly different to the TV series that you can't even use terms like "the relevant episode"?

Couldn't you just make an ASOIAF specific rule instead of a weird and unnecessary blanket rule that affects a whole bunch of other stuff in unintended ways?

Darth Guy likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There is already an ASOIAF specific rule and has been for two years. This blanket policy has nothing to do with it in the slightest.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    are there any other cases where the part of the policy dani quoted actually applies?

17. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
  18. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Okay yeah I actually am curious now what else the TV Series/Book rule was meant to apply to. How similar are True Blood and the Charlaine Harris novels? Does it apply to EU books set at the same time as Clone Wars? Do Haven and The Colorado Kid count? Revenge and The Count of Monte Cristo?

Is there like a wiki list of currently airing TV series based on books, because honestly ASOIAF/GoT is the only one I can think of that actually would be a concern for spoilers.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    All of our Masterpiece Theater fans are gonna be so disappointed by this...

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It looks like that specific rule appeared in the rule proposal without ever being discussed--it could be a holdover from some other forum that was merged into Community; I don't know from whence it came. All I can tell you is that there's already a specific ASOIAF policy, and said policy was already mentioned in the group discussion as a special case. So I can't think of any other situations where it would apply either.

21. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    We're re-writing the policy and closing the thread for the time being. Once the policy gets updated, the thread will be reopened for further feedback.

22. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I agree that I like having the option to have all the Community threads in one place. I've found myself involved in way more Amph threads than I otherwise would've been had the forums be separated as they had been in the old forums. That said, I do like that you can click on a forum and only see a specific forum if you want to.

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, "Amph" threads like those for Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones were originally JCC threads. It was decided that all media would be under the Amph label. It seems just like a mostly pointless legacy thing to me. Eh.

24. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Holy crap, the JC is still here. This makes me feel old.

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You ARE old.