main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Reader's Companion by Pablo Hidalgo.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , May 17, 2010.

1. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Just pretend TCW never happened

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000

Would if I could, but I can't. Canon-wise - because Luke got a hold of the Jedi manual and learned about Ahsoka, assuming he didn't learn of her from Chewie or Callista beforehand. Unofficially, I like Ahsoka and Rex.

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    They seem to be preemptively moved around a bit, but it's vague in some ways and I wouldn't trust its estimates to be absolute; the best hard info on the "new" timeline looks to be coming from Leland Chee on the SW.com blog.

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    The ERC still has not shown up at my doorstep or in my mailbox. Parcel tracking says that it is in Gettysburg... in the same place in Gettysburg, where it has been sitting for the passed three days. So, my copy of the ERC is sitting in the post office three miles away.

If it's not here tomorrow, I'm either going to call Fedex and complain, or just go to the damn post office and demand my package.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That sucks, Trak. The B&N nearest me doesn't have any copies. Of course, they only have one copy of the Warfare guide. I might go elsewhere in the city to see if the more major B&Ns have it.

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I simply can't accept the existence of Ahsoka in the first place. If they can't be respectful of other people's work, then why does matter if Luke supposedly finds out about Ahsoka? Its easy to ignore TCW, just ignore everything they do to justify it or tie-in to it.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  7. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004

The hell?!?! When was that?

I ignore TCW

But yes, it explains continuity errors and issues but I skipped over anything regarding TCW because I abhor it.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  8. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

The Jedi Path book

9. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Everyone knows the Skywalkers don't contain the gay gene :p

Oh wait, it seems the entire Star Wars galaxy genetically engineered that one out :(

10. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Gaydalorians would now kill you for that!

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I got an email from US Amazon that mine has shipped. Considering overseas mail, I might get it towards the end of next week if I'm lucky.

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    At least it shipped promptly. Hopefully yours won't be sitting in the post office for three days after it arrives in your town.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, hopefully I'll be home when the postman brings it. The regular postie knows where to put packages for me if I'm out (and they don't need a signature) but last week we had a temp postie.

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I had filled out a paper telling the postman where to put packages. Most packages go into a package box at the mailboxes, and a key stuck in my mailbox with which to open that other box. Otherwise, I selected the option that packages can be left at the door. I hadn't heard the doorbell, so no one stopped by. And when I check the tracking, it said that my package hadn't left the post office. [face_plain]

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You might want to give them a call/visit or ask your post person if you're there when he/she comes. There have been complaints here in the UK of posties/other delivery people not leaving 'you have a package' cards when no one is home.

16. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    How are detailed are the book summaries for the NJO series? Any interesting new insights or just more of the same?

--Adm. Nick

17. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    I didn't think they were more or less detailed than the others, but given the sloppiness of the X-Wing summaries, and my fuzzy memory of most of the NJO, I wouldn't necessarily trust them.

The insights were mostly things we've heard in other interviews before - and there's not many of them.

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I finally got my ERC today. And I already broke its spine trying to scan an image from it.

CooperTFN likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ouch....well, glad you got it, anyway.

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Broken spines are par for the course in my collection. All of my books have broken spines.

They will never walk again.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I feel sorry for the books of the world, knowing that they could be shipped to you..

... that being said I am on my second Atlas and the last four pages have fallen out from the Guide to Warfare, which sucks as I actually like the post-NJO era :p

22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Mine too Sinre! It's a problem, it seems.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Haven't had a problem with those, but there's one collecting guide I have that started dropping pages in the books/comics section so I now have two of that guide. Seems to be bound in a similar fashion to the SW guides.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    My New Essential Guide to Ships and Vehicles and NEG to Chronology have pages coming out. Have for years really

25. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    My Atlas falling apart has turned out to be useful, as I can take pages out to show my roommates whenever I give them lectures on Galactic History and Cartography :p