main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    Haha! awesome casting I couldn't help smiling at the choice of Uthan, that's pretty much the way I imagined her.

Robimus likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Was she? Thankfully I never had to endure any of that movie. I have heard the stories though, so I can see where that would put a damper on things. :p

Oya Sam.

[​IMG]

3. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    So I haven't been able to post here from my computer for a while... it just kept telling me my message was invalid. Hence my silence.

Regardless:
    No fair, you stole my nomination!! :( :p
    I think Ellen Page has the ability to portray both the youthfulness and maturity of the character all at once.Also, she matches up pretty well with how I imagined here visually.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I nominate Miranda Otto, AKA Éowyn in The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robimus likes this.
  5. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Miranda Otto is a great actor, but unfortunately she's in her mid 40's. Remember we're trying to cast a character who's at least half that age!

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Dawson Casting. ;)

Plus, Hollywood actors don't age. And I think Otto could pull it off.

And Amy Adams and Anna Torve are both in their 30s. So there.:p

7. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Hey there, I'm a pretty regular member of the forums, and a pretty big fan of Mandalorians and Commandos. I've been stalking this topic for a while waiting for a good opportunity to help in the casting, because I'm honestly really bad at casting old dudes. But young, attractive women . . . oh yeah, I can totally do that.

And for Etain, I would nominate Emma Stone:

[​IMG]

Because . . . well . . . she's Emma Stone. She can pull off a pretty impressive performance in a variety of roles (and haircolors) and I think she would do well as Etain.

Robimus, Zeta1127 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oya H-Bomb welcome to the fanclub! Good nomination. If you are a fan of the Mandos then you should stick around and discuss our other Mando type topics when they come up.

[​IMG]

9. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Dawson Casting sucks, and has no purpose unless the whole cast is supposed to be young(er). [face_phbbbbt]
    And maybe it's treu that Otto doesn't look any older now than she did 10 years ago, but 10 years ago she looked like a 30 year old. There's no way she could pass as someone who's supposed to be late teens - early twenties.
    Somehow I missed the Amy Adams/Anna Torve nomination but the same thing goes for them.

10. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Oh don't worry, I'll be around!

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  12. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    What about Bardan's casting, Commander_Ducky? I imagine he's only a few years older than Etain, yet Sam Rockwell is in his 40s. I wasn't here when he was cast, so maybe the issue was brought up then as well.

Plus, I always pictured Etain looking older than her age, so Otto could work, IMHO.

13. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Otto looks more like Jilka Zentis to me.

14. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    It's much easier to make a 40+ year old man look like a mature 20+ year old then it is to make a 40+ year old woman look like a not-mature 20- year old.

Woah, I can totally see that!

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It also made her look like she was only 4 feet tall.(She plays a villian of sorts I guess - I'd need my wife to explain it in detail). It could be the actors with her were just really tall :p

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  16. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Definitely an antagonist to say the least, along with the rest of the Volturi. The only reason I know anything about Twilight is my mom actually read the books and some aspects of the films, not related to the romance, were of sufficient interest to me to look up more details. The films irritate me so much.

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] So glad I stayed away from those then. I have heard rumors of sparkly vampires and that was enough to keep me away. My wife read the books just to see what they were about and was the first to tell me to ignore them. :p

[​IMG]

Zeta1127 likes this.
  18. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    I too, like your wife, Bardan, read the books just to see what they were about and why there was such a fuss. The writing was admittedly good, however the story was absolutely awful. And I never even considered seeing the movies because, quite frankly, they look like a crime on cinema.

19. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    My mom watches the movies when they come one television that I simply can't completely ignore them, so I have more familiarity with the movies than I would like.

20. Corr

Corr Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    The casting looks pretty cool so far. I definately agree with Darth_Zandalor/Commander_Ducky, Ellen Page would be a good choice for Etain.

Robimus and Commander_Ducky like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oya Corr, glad you found your way here! :)

[​IMG]

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  22. Master Valon

Master Valon Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2012
    Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA for a while. Just been busy with other forums and selling and stuff. That's awesome that my nomination for Sephen Lang won the vote for Hokan! =D= For Etain, hm......I agree with Emma Stone. She's just awesome in whatever role she plays. So yeah, I can't offer any new nominations, but I concur with Emma Stone's.

Robimus likes this.
  23. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    The nominess to portray Etain are:

Molly Quinn

[​IMG]

Emma Stone

[​IMG]

Shaeline Woodly

[​IMG]

Ellen Page

[​IMG]

Dakota Fanning

[​IMG]

Anna Torve

[​IMG]

Miranda Otto

[​IMG]

Amy Adams

[​IMG]

24. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Wow, I think that is the most nominations for any character thus far!

Lets start the voting round tomorrow!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009