main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Received the R2-KT and Wall-E "Droids Need Hugs Too" patch in the mail from Albin Johnson

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Got another pack of Fighter Pods. I got Force Ghost Yoda and Vader in this one.

3. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I bought the newest Hallmark Christmas Ornament wave released today: Santa Vader & Lego stormtrooper, Already have Han on the tauntaun and Maul and Grievous. Lego Vader for this year has been delayed until November release. So I am waiting on that one.

Lord_Dubi likes this.
  4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've got a friend who's on the hunt for the NYCC exclusive Zuckuss and 4-LOM ornaments. He goes to NYCC every year, so I asked him to snag me a set. eBay is still charging a kidney for the set.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got a few of the ornaments but they were all bought in the US for me. I've never seen them on sale here in the UK.

6. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    I never realized that. Hallmark is obviously missing a decent market segment. I had to order mine early to make sure I would get them. It's like a SW convention at some hallmarks with the SW collectors getting there early and waiting for them to open up. In fact at CVI the Hallmark rep said they sold out of Momaw Nadon so fast he never really ever hit the shelves. I was upset I didn't even have a chance!

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I guess it's a good thing that collectors are apparently few and far between in Gettysburg. Though, it would help if I were able to get to the Hallmark store more often...

8. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    That's a good point,Trak. You probably have that going for you. You get to have your pick of the SW stuff. There is more competition around my area for this sort of thing - including the people working in the various stores.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Picked up a SW Reads Day pin an the event I attended on Saturday, as well as a Dawn of the Jedi patch (with a picture of a Tho Yor) and a Yoda-green wristband with the words "Star Wars: Read more you must". They also had a raffle with various prizes and I won a copy of the Essential Guide to Warfare. And since Jason Fry was there as well I got it signed then and there. :D

10. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Today I got LEGOS!!!! [face_dancing] I got the new 2012 Advent calendar that has Santa Maul. I bought the new desert skiff and the new Jabba's Palace which honestly is not as cool as the old Jabba's palace, but has one important must have minifigure the old set didn't: Leia as Boushh! And apparently will connect to the 2013 January release of the Rancor Pit... but um, hey, they are Legos.... don't all Legos connect to all other Legos? That's the point of them, right? o_O

Oh and my fiancee bought himself a Darth Maul Lego keychain... ok, so I picked it out and out it on the pile of Lego boxes for him, ahem, me, ahem...

codex of tython likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postman just brought an Amazon US order containing Clone Wars Omnibus 2 and SW: Essential Reader's Companion.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Humm what have I bought recently?

I received 2 Gentle Giant Mini-Busts: Emperor Palpatine and Watto. Still trying to figure out where to put Palpy.
    My Dad sent me a boatload of Star Wars novels - I have most of them already but they're all in storage. I was happy, his version of The Phantom Menace had Obi-Wan on the cover and I knew that I didn't have that.
    I picked up a Star Wars Action Figure price-guide (the non-Sansweet one, that's on pre-order.)
    I got a Japanese C-3PO Pepsi Can Sound Cap from The Phantom Menace
    And soon I should have my Hot Toys 1/6 Scale Bespin Luke Skywalker figure showing up.

13. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I finally got the Jace Malcom minifig I was waiting for, although the mailman took so long that I had to go down three times to check for my packages. Malgus arrived a week or two ago, but Boba Fett is still on the way!

I tried to buy a novel too but the seller cancelled the order on me. 0.o; Maybe next month I'll try again...

14. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Received the 501st Legion "Walking Wounded" patch and R2-KT and Chewbacca "Droids Need Hugs Too" patches.

15. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Patches sound cool.

I got Leia in Bespin outfit, buy one get one free at Toys R Us last night. One to keep [ and maybe get signed] and one to open. :D

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Picked up the latest issue of Insider, and got another pack of Fighter Pods. Got a Jawa and Force Ghost Mace Windu with this one.

I keep them with my RPG miniatures and I don't know what to do with the little ball things, so I'm connecting them in a string. I'll figure out a use for them some day. They may end up being used for costuming or props.

Mitth_Fisto and J_Girl like this.
  17. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    I was standing there drooling over new Fighter Pods yesterday. I must have channeling the Light Side because I somehow stayed detached and did not buy any new ones. I have gotta put my Imperial logo charm back on my necklace and bring balance to the Force so I can rationalize buying more Fighter Pods: I want a Jawa and some Forch Ghosties!

TrakNar likes this.
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    OH MY GOD - my Hot Toys 1/6 scale Bespin Luke Skywalker showed up today. Yeah this was the second most expensive collectible that I've ever purchased and it was worth EVERY Penny! You can see pics and my review HERE!

19. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Very nice! I took a look. It does seem worth it. :)

Ok, I succumbed, I went to Target for uh, hurricane Sandy prep, um.. yeah, let's say that. I bought a new set of Fighter Pods with Han in it and Vader Force Ghost and Aayla Secura Force Ghost [ I think I have those.] Oh yeah and batteries for a flashlight that is um, somewhere around here. hm [face_dunno]I'm sure it'll turn up. But how cool is it that I finally got the Han Solo. [face_dancing]

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My The Old Republic Encyclopedia came in the mail today! It's a hefty hardbound book. And it's full of pretty pictures, one of my main reasons for buying it. However, it doesn't contain a lot of information on Gands. Son, I am disappoint.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Those little guys are cute and great if you don't have a lot of room for displaying stuff. I saw someone take a pair of either Leia's or Padmes and turned them into earrings :)

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I saw Cad Bane and Bossk earrings at CVI. I would have bought the Bossk earrings, but, allergy to metal.

Anywho, I bought another pack today. Got Force Ghost Anakin and Sand Crab Darth Maul.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I picked up the Darth Plagueis paperback today, and ordered The Essential Reader's Companion and Star Wars Art: Illustration, since those two are much cheaper online than in the store.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    All 3 are good books..

25. codex of tython

codex of tython Jedi Knight

Nov 4, 2012
    the new jabba's palace is much better than the old one just for the minifigs (jabba and Salacious B. Crumb are awesome!). And that is also the only reason why i bought it. BUT it's overpriced.