main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.2 - A War on Two Fronts - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Lux Bonteri turns out to be just like Joffrey Baratheon.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I've always been mostly apathetic about Lux till this episode...I hope the Disney-romance-sub-plot doesn't lead to me hating the character.

3. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Lux will get shot in this arc. In a firefight, Ahsoka will abandon her duties to help Lux. Lux will be okay, but Ahsoka will realize her attachment interfered with the plan and her attachment to Lux will not help her in commanding a unit. She also learns more about attachment from Anakin after he talks to her about her obvious crush on Lux. Ahsoka dumps Lux, sorrowfully telling him she has her chosen path. Lux cries in Steela's arm as they fly away and later make many immoral children together. /end arc

Random thought but, I'm still sad that the only thing I'm looking forward to so far is Gregor.. :p

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That actually isn't nearly as bad as some alternatives I'd considered...I REALLY hope it's nothing worse than that.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Threesome.

DM99 and Coric like this.
  6. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    ^ My brain says no but my drawing tablet says yes.

DM99, eht13 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    A-ha! Wild guess after a min's pondering: AotC and RotS? (Sorry for going off topic!)

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yes.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Just like him?

Lux: "You'll pay for killing my uncle, clone!"

Ahsoka: "Uncle? I thought your fath... oh."

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I prefer the printed versions of both of those as well. With the ROTS novelization, I can actually read half of it plus several pages at the end. Whereas with the film, I can only watch the first 45 minutes.

And the AOTC novelization, like the ROTS novelization, does a much better job of getting inside the characters' heads than the film could. Some of the arguments made against aspects of AOTC as a film, could not be made against it as a novel.

11. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    Who knows what Onderon's courting traditions are; maybe that's ok there [face_sick]

12. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    That's just the thing. this is the Clone Wars, not the Galactic Revolt.

I want to see the clones get recognition, not random guerrillas.

13. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    The clones get recognition all the time. They arguably had the best story last season.

Seerow and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  14. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think that Onderon and Umbara nicely balance each other- while Umbara had clones fighting non-droids,Onderon has droids fighting non-clones. Both arcs still have cameo of both clones and droids. Still we need to see more clones vs. droids action in the future. We haven't really seen a big battle with simply clones fighting droids.

15. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

This is a civil war, it's nice to see more then droids and clones.

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That's what the Geonosis arc and to an extent Ryloth and "ARC Troopers" are. We've seen big clones vs battle droids battles. We saw four episodes of badass clones last season. Just not clones vs. battle droids much since "ARC Troopers". We need to see more of that however it seems TCW's scope is actually the time period of The Clone Wars and what happened in that time period, war, and all kinds of stuff happening alongside that. The show is not called Star Wars: The Clones, although that would be sweet. Anakin is the protagonist and Ahsoka is the deuteragonist. TCW TV show will never stray far from their journey within the scope of what happened to them in The Clone Wars time period. I wish they would. Still it would be boring if TCW were clones and droids in big battles all the time, that's just as much a formula (or part of the formula?) as the monster of the week bullcrap the show often follows.

DM99 likes this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "Deuteragonist". Word of the day. :p

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You are actually quite right. The last time we saw just clones vs droids was in TCW movie and that was awesome...

As much as I would like to agree. Droids vs Clones is not that common.
    As we all know on Geonosis the Clones were not mainly fighting the droids but the geonosians. We did not see any Droids in Landing at Point Rain and the Zombie episode Legacy of Terror we mainly had the battle droids carry stuff and not fight clones.
    On Onderon I am happy that the main trio of goofs are leaving cause we could focus and develop and care for the other members of this story like Saw and Steela and Lux... Without Anakin or Rex, the arc might actually have some good character that I could root for and not make me vomit every time Anakin forces another line from the OT like it some disgusting fart.
    I have hope that with Anakin leaving, Saw and Lux with have the chance to get more development that Kit Fisto, Lee-Char or Ackbar did not manage to get cause of the annoying Chosen One eating up the spotlight. And in this arc thank to the lack of Anakin or Rex, we get other characters like Saw who are going to be badasses...

Back in S4's weak Umbara arc, such awesome actions were done by Rex, now they are done by Saw.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  19. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

The battle above the Lurmen planet was fairly big.

We need to see a professional mercenary company fighting either droids or clones.

20. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Honestly, I could see Mercenaries but you would only use them for a special mission and most likely the Seperatist would hire them considering when the Republic needs a specialty squad they can send a team of Jedi.

21. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

I could see the Republic using them if a crisis develops suddenly. By the way how awesome would it be to see the Nova Guard in action.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Wait... there was no battle above Maridun.

The sky battle was over Quell.

23. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

Yeah, that one.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Battle above Quell was not big and it was naval battle not battle on the surface of the world. Malastare had the bomb and the beast, Geonosis had mainly geonosians and Mon Cala was aquatic battle with more locals than clones and droids. We've seen numerous small skirmishes and little flashes of some big battles (Like Ima-Gun-Di's sacrifice, newsreel in Zillo Beast) but not really a big battle that would be in the focus of some arc.

25. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

Sullust not big enough for you?