main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***LCC X BEGINS***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Mar 7, 2012.

1. DX6channel

DX6channel Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2010
    Couple questions:
    Why are you doing the judging at 2:00pm instead of the usual 10:00 - 11:00am?
    Do you know about how long the whole show will be?

2. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    (Because I won't even get home until 2 PM PST so this time works well. Shh :p )

There's some concern because last year's was two hours or something for eight entries, but watch the judging for the year before that; I'd forgotten how concise they are talking about each one before they move onto the next, covering fourteen entries in just shy of three hours. With eighteen entries I'm sure they'll keep things moving.

3. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
  4. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Cool! I enjoyed watching this. I don't totally agree on all of them, or ranking - I'd have a hard time making a top ten, to be sure - but I do enjoy those.

I might have placed Eclipse above The Glove. (Also, that's Spiff; Phi (pronounced "fye", not "fee") is his wife, who died at the beginning of Eclipse.) The unique aspect of someone trying to keep the other person from killing themselves with their own lightsaber gives it a huge bonus in my book. Likewise, I would have ranked Duel of the Dorks higher for a similar unique factor, the two of them fighting over the prize of one lightsaber rather than trying to outright kill each other.

I found it interesting that you ranked the first RvD over their second. I don't fault it; I disagree, and wonder why you prefer the first, but I won't deride that decision.

I so can't wait for this year's to be released!

5. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    I wanna do one post-LCC X, but personally one of my favorite duels of all LCC is "The Clash". Their choreo was so simple and direct... and performed well to boot.

6. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    Is Phi not the one who films the duels? I think I call her "him" by accident in the video.

I think The Glove has much more interesting choreo than Eclipse, much!

RvD2 is not in the list because RvD2 was not a part of any LCC.

... Entries go live midnight today, right?

7. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Nicely done! Now I have to figure out how to integrate that video into the LCC Archive page, because that's an awesome brief history of the LCC. I'll probably include it in the extras for LCC X if that's ok with you.

Also, Boter has it right. Phi is me and I is female. I'm also Spiff's wife, having first met him while filming Eclipse. Laszlo, Primrodo, and Spiff did the choreography on Eclipse, and Spiff and Sabeel did the choreography for The Glove. My major contributions to each were dying in Eclipse (but a flesh wound!) and filming The Glove. I'm also the Phi part of lcc.phispace.net. The rest of your facts seem to check out!

Entries live at midnight! Public voting live at midnight! Hey ObiJuan and Teague, do you think we could do GMT midnight? 'Cause I got a little one to put to bed and I need all the sleep I can get :p

8. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    Thanks! Heck no I don't mind. Eek! I thought Phi was male! Holy smacks you can tag people in posts now!? Ricky_Calrissian Look at this!

Ooo midnight GMT is 4PM here! That I wouldn't mind!

9. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    In all things, I adopt a policy of "whatever make's Phi's life easier, do that."

10. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    OH MY GOSH TAGGING. VaporTrail come here right now.

Sith-Man likes this.
  11. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    lol

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the entries.

12. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Oh, it's 1:30 AM GMT now... entries?

13. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
  14. KingKool

KingKool Jedi Padawan

Dec 14, 2010
    Now I'm REALLY bummed Brendon and I couldn't get a new entry this year. But that doesn't mean we haven't been talking...

We have plans.